New York online sports betting is available for the NBA season. The Brooklyn Nets are looking to make the NBA playoffs again and are in search of their first NBA Finals trophy. Here’s everything you’ll need to know about Nets odds and betting markets available at New York sportsbooks.
The Best Sportsbooks for Brooklyn Nets Finals Odds
New York has approved nine mobile sports betting apps. The most convenient way to find the best current odds for the Nets and other teams to win the NBA Finals is to visit the NBA futures section of an online sportsbook like DraftKings, Caesars, or FanDuel. It is helpful to check out multiple sportsbooks, as the odds can vary from one to another. This is a good way to find value by getting more favorable odds on the team or teams that you’re interested in wagering on.
Latest Brooklyn Nets Stories
Skepticism Abounds Over Recent “Basketball City” Study
Brooklyn Nets Odds Update: Can They Clinch A Playoff Berth?
Brooklyn Nets Odds Update: Heartbreak Season
Brooklyn Nets Odds Update: Better Against the Spread
Brooklyn Nets Odds Update: Vaughn’s Contract Extended, Playoff Hopes
Where Can You Bet on the Brooklyn Nets in New York?
Mobile sports betting is now live, and the New York State Gaming Commission has given the green light to a number of operators. Some of these sportsbooks have already established themselves at physical retail locations as well.
The available sportsbooks take bets on the Brooklyn Nets and some offer a more expansive betting market than others. For example, there may be differences in live in-game betting, player props, futures bets, and so on.
Below are four of the more popular options for New Yorkers to be excited about. These sportsbook apps are now live.
- DraftKings NY — New Yorkers may be familiar with the DraftKings brand due to its popularity as a daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform. DraftKings has leveraged that strength to become a major name in online sports betting as well. Users love the DraftKings Sportsbook app, as it’s generally considered the gold standard of the industry.
- Caesars Sportsbook NY — Caesars Sportsbook is backed by Caesars Entertainment, so it brings that first-class reputation to its sports betting app. Bettors will find a user-friendly app and some of the best odds. Caesars Sportsbook also offers a generous welcome bonus you won’t want to miss.
- FanDuel Sportsbook NY — Much like DraftKings, FanDuel has gone from a leader in DFS to a top online sportsbook brand since sports betting has been legalized in many states across the US. FanDuel has recently made a push with its endorsement deals and you’ll find promoted bets and odds boosts from sports and media figures like Pat McAfee and Charles Barkley.
- BetMGM NY — BetMGM brings with it a stellar reputation and is one of the most trusted names in the sports betting industry. Having been involved in gambling and casinos well before the recent boom, New York bettors can feel confident in using BetMGM as their sportsbook of choice. Where BetMGM excels over the competition is in its ongoing promotions for existing customers.
For those who want the excitement of placing a wager on the Brooklyn Nets in person, New York does have retail sports betting options available. Here are two sportsbooks you can visit that also have mobile options available.
- The Lounge With Caesars Sports at Yellow Brick Road Casino
- 800 W Genesee Street, Chittenango, NY 13037
- Considered the largest sportsbook in New York, you’ll find a nearly 9,000-square foot lounge equipped with betting windows, kiosks, a full-service bar, and more than 30 large-screen TVs. If you really want to go all-out for a Brooklyn Nets game, they also offer VIP “fan caves” that you can reserve.
- Two other locations:
- Point Place Casino in Bridgeport, NY
- Turning Stone Resort and Casino in Verona, NY
- Rivers Sportsbook at Rivers Casino
- 1 Rush Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- This was the first sportsbook to officially open for New York bettors and while the BetRivers brand isn’t as well known as the above sportsbooks, it has been making a push in its expansion. The app is currently available in New York and it has physical retail locations in Illinois, Pennsylvania, and New York.
How Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds Are Calculated
No matter what sport you’re wagering on, sportsbooks set lines with the goal of trying to get equal action on both sides of the bet. From there, odds change based on the number of bets being placed as well as the amount of money being wagered.
NBA odds are influenced by several factors similar to other team sports. These factors include how well each team is (or isn’t) playing, how the teams match up in terms of their strengths and weaknesses, and key injuries. Below are examples of popular types of wagers you can place on the Brooklyn Nets and what each means.
For moneyline bets, you’re simply picking who you think will win the game you are betting on. Let’s say the Brooklyn Nets have odds of -230 on the moneyline. The minus sign (-) means they’re the favorites, and the higher the number, the heavier favorites they are. In this example, you would have to bet $230 to win $100. A plus sign (+) next to odds means that the team is the underdog, and the number represents how much a successful bet of $100 would win. For example, if a team is a +200 underdog, then you would win $200 on a bet of $100.
Point Spread Odds
When you’re betting on point spreads, the team you’re wagering on has to cover the number of points in the bet. For example, if you were betting on the Brooklyn Nets and they had a point spread of -11, this means they have to win by more than 11 points for you to win your wager. If the Nets win by exactly 11, it’s considered a “push” and your bet should be returned to you. If they win by less than 11 points or lose the game outright, you would lose whatever amount you bet to the sportsbook.
Futures bets are exactly what they sound like. These are wagers you’re placing for which the results won’t be known until later in the season. The most prominent NBA futures bet is who will win the NBA Finals. Other futures bets include division and conference winners and individual award winners like the NBA MVP.
Prop bets are wagers you can place that aren’t necessarily tied to the outcome of a game. Each sport has its own set of prop bets you can wager on, and the amount and depth of props available vary across sportsbooks. Prop bets can be placed on a game-by-game basis as well as for an entire season.
- Brooklyn Nets prop bet examples:
- Kevin Durant over/under X amount of points
- Kyrie Irving over/under X amount of points, rebounds, and assists
- Nets over/under X amount of points scored in the second quarter
- Nets player to win MVP
- How many 3-pointers will be made in a playoff series
How To Bet on the Brooklyn Nets in New York
Registering for and setting up an account is generally the same across most online sportsbooks. We’ll go through an example of how New York bettors can wager on the Brooklyn Nets using DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Take a look at our DraftKings Sportsbook NY review — New York bettors can claim the welcome promo and download the DraftKings Sportsbook app through the iOS App Store as well as the Android Google Play Store.
- Register a new DraftKings sportsbook account — This involves giving some personal information such as your address, birthday, and Social Security number. After DraftKings verifies your information, you’re ready for step three.
- Deposit funds into your DraftKings Sportsbook account — DraftKings offers several ways to fund your account, with the most popular being direct bank transfers, debit/credit cards, and PayPal.
- Find Brooklyn Nets odds with the DraftKings Sportsbook — If the Nets have an upcoming game, you can typically find it on the homepage under the “basketball” tab. You can also hit the “All Sports” button on the bottom navigation bar and then go to the NBA section. Going to the NBA tab is also where you’ll find other bets like DraftKings’ daily specials and team futures.
- Place your bet — Once you’ve found the Brooklyn Nets game or market you want to bet on, you simply click your selection, enter the amount you want to wager, and hit “Place Bet.”
Live Betting on the Brooklyn Nets
In addition to the traditional pre-game bets you can place on Brooklyn Nets games, the top sportsbooks across the US are expanding their live-betting capabilities.
Live betting, or in-game betting, is exactly what it sounds like. You’re making bets as the game is already in progress. This type of betting can be especially useful for Nets fans who have paid close attention to the team throughout the season.
Some of the best live betting apps for New York bettors will be DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetRivers. BetRivers offers a 20% profit boost every Tuesday on live NBA wagers.
How To Bet on the NBA Finals in New York
The easiest way to find and bet on the NBA Finals is to go to the “All Sports” tab in your sportsbook app and find the NBA. From there, you should be able to find “futures,” and this is where the NBA Finals bets will be.
NBA Finals Futures Bets
The number of futures bets you can place on the NBA Finals will depend on where we are in the NBA schedule. Once the teams playing in the NBA playoffs have been set, more options will be available to bettors. Here are some examples:
- Which team will win the NBA Finals
- How many games a series will last
- NBA Finals MVP
NBA Finals Prop Bets
The amount and depth of prop bets will vary between sportsbooks, but most are generally centered around the performance of a particular player. Examples include:
- Points scored
- Total number of points, assists, and rebounds
- How many 3-pointers a player makes
- Will there be a technical foul?
Brooklyn Nets Arena
The Nets have played in the Barclays Center since it opened in 2012.
- Barclays Center Address: 620 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217
- Capacity: 17,732
Brooklyn Nets Odds FAQs
When oddsmakers set lines for any sport, they do so with the goal of getting an equal amount of betting on both sides of the wager. Sportsbooks will then adjust lines as bets are placed.
Yes. You can currently place bets on the Nets at New York’s retail sportsbooks and online through sports betting apps.
There is a FanDuel Sportsbook at Meadowlands across the river from New York City. This is about 15 miles from the Barclays Center.
Yes, the Nets have partnerships with Betway and FanDuel.
Mobile sports betting is now available for New Yorkers, and some of the best sports betting apps available include DraftKings, Caesars Sportsbook, and FanDuel.
Yes. The DraftKings New York sportsbook app is now live. If you want to bet in person, you can visit the DraftKings retail sportsbook at the Del Lago Resort and Casino.