Bonuses and Promotions
Market Depth & Variety
Deposit & Cash Out
Golden Nugget Casino is a popular online casino app with hundreds of slot titles, plenty of great table games, and a rewarding loyalty program that inspires players to spend time on its gaming activities. However, New Yorkers can’t enjoy Golden Nugget Casino quite yet due to the state’s blanket ban on online casino games played for real money.
Luckily, online casino gaming legalization could be around the corner. Therefore, it’s important for you to know what to expect from Golden Nugget and to determine whether this online casino app is right for you. Let’s break down Golden Nugget Casino in detail and explore all of its major attributes.
Golden Nugget Casino is not legal in New York. However, it is legal in other states, including New Jersey. Indeed, online casino gaming is illegal in New York in most forms.
Sweepstakes casino gaming is still technically legal since it operates with a gold coin and sweeps coin currency model. However, recent legislation from certain state senators and assembly members proves that the discussion about online casino gaming is still ongoing. For now, players will have to stick with sweepstakes casinos or go to a neighboring state with legal online casino gaming to enjoy Golden Nugget. Players also can hope that online casino legalization occurs in New York in 2022 or 2023.
At the time of this writing, Golden Nugget offers a pretty good new player bonus whenever someone new signs up for an account, such as a 100% deposit match bonus potentially worth up to $1,000 based on the size of your first deposit. On top of that, provided a player’s first deposit is at least $30, they could also get 200 free spins for the app’s very popular 88 Fortunes slot game. That allows for players to win much more money — in theory if they are lucky.
Here’s the catch: the bonus money has a 10-time playthrough requirement. That means whatever extra credit you get because of your initial deposit, you probably won’t see it in your bank account unless you are very lucky. On the plus side, your free spin winnings only have to be played through once before they can be withdrawn as cash.
Ultimately, this is a pretty good opening bonus in terms of maximizing your betting potential right off the bat. Just don’t expect your 100% deposit match to actually yield tons of extra cash in your bank account. Remember, you need to make a deposit of $10 minimum in order to be eligible for the 100% deposit match in the first place.
But the opening bonus isn’t the only thing that Golden Nugget has for casino players. You’ll also be given the opportunity to join the Golden Reward Player’s Club. Once you sign up, you’ll automatically be entered for membership to the club. As you play slots and table games, you’ll earn Golden Points. Accumulate enough points, and you can turn them into cash. Golden Nugget offers a variety of special promotions that bolster your points earning rate or allow you to collect even more prizes. Generally, the prize point rate is five points for every $100 you wager on slot games and one point for every $100 you wager on table games, blackjack, or video poker.
Bottom line: Golden Nugget’s opening bonus and other promotions make it a pretty good online casino app through and through. If it ever comes to New York, resident of the Empire State will have their hands full checking out all these promos and engaging with the loyalty program, even if the bonus credit playthrough requirement is a bit high.
Of course, no online casino is worth your time and money unless it has excellent slots for you to check out. Fortunately, Golden Nugget currently offers over 800 slot games in New Jersey and nearly 200 in Michigan. That means, if it ever comes to New York, Golden Nugget will probably have many hundreds of slot games for you to check out within the first year of its operation.
Among these slots titles, there is something for everyone, ranging from newcomers to online gaming to experienced slot aficionados who want top-tier slot titles with excellent graphics and gaming strategies. Plus, Golden Nugget is one of the few top-tier online casino apps that offer dedicated table games and video poker activities.
If you’re a fan of online progressive slots, you’ll also be happy. The progressive slots build up jackpots over the course of the day, and lucky players can win massive payouts from a single spin. Some of the most popular and important online slots to be found at Golden Nugget include:
- Mercy of the Gods, a progressive jackpot slot with a theme based on Egyptian mythology. It includes a return to player or RTP ratio of 96.64% and 20 different pay lines. The game has a $.20 minimum and 100% maximum bet range, plus a chance to win a massive jackpot and up to $350,000 through its bonus game
- Divine Fortune is another progressive jackpot slot themed around ancient Greek mythology. It offers an even higher RTP of 96.6% and 20 pay lines. It also has five reels, with the same $.20 and $100 minimum and maximum bet range as Mercy. Players can win up to $350,000 thanks to the game’s jackpot bonuses and free spin bonuses
- 88 Fortunes is the game that the second part of the opening bonus affects. This classic and Chinese-themed slot game offers 243 different ways to win and has a thematically appropriate $.88 minimum bet. The maximum bet amount is $88. The game’s RTP of 96% is also great for ongoing play potential
- Blood Suckers, a vampire-themed slot game with a whopping 98% RTP, includes 25 pay lines and a $.25 minimum bet amount. You can bet up to $50 maximum and potentially see a huge payout of $250,000
- Golden Nugget Video Slot, which is one of the classic Golden Nugget-themed titles, was first found at Vegas casinos. In a nutshell, it has five reels and 25 pay lines, plus a $.25 minimum bet and a $125 maximum bet. RTPs range from 95.3% to 95.62%
While slot titles make up the majority of Golden Nugget Casino’s activities, that’s not all it has to offer. Indeed, this casino also offers a plethora of table games, including:
- Over 20 different blackjack varieties in New Jersey. Michigan residents only get six blackjack games, however. Time will tell how the New York version of the app shapes up
- Several versions of Roulette, including live dealer roulette with live streams to retail Golden Nugget casinos in certain states
- Various poker varieties, including Ultimate Texas Hold’em, Fortune Pai Gow Poker, and more
- Casino War
All of these activities mean that there’s always something new to check out at Golden Nugget. Then there are live dealer casino games, which are operated thanks to Evolution Gaming. These games always play out in the Atlantic City Golden Nugget studio. Through this interface, players can participate in online betting while watching a live-streamed dealer handling cards or shuffling decks. However, it’s unclear whether New York’s future online casino industry will allow live dealer games or not.
Any good online casino should have several ways to pay and withdraw your winnings, and Golden Nugget is no different. In New Jersey and other states, you can make deposits using these methods:
- Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards
- Instant ACH transfers
- PayPal transfers
- Prepaid Play+ card deposits
- PayNearMe terminal deposits at 7-Eleven and other convenience store locations
- Online bank transfers
- Wire transfers
- Deposits at casino cash cages
Withdrawals are similarly flexible. You can usually receive money in the same way as you deposited it within 48 hours if it is an electronic method. If Golden Nugget ever comes to New York, we expect these deposit and cash-out methods to be largely the same.
Golden Nugget’s mobile app is well designed and easy to navigate. The game selections, as noted above, are truly phenomenal. In many states, Golden Nugget has the highest number of available slot and table games compared to other online casino sites. On top of that, the game lists are searchable and dividable whether you use the app on an Apple or Android device.
All the promos and bonuses are listed conveniently on the front screen, so you can opt into or take advantage of promos at any point. The ongoing promotions and loyalty program make Golden Nugget a great long-term casino app to enjoy.
On the downside, Golden Nugget’s mobile app does inundate you with pop-ups and promo banners from time to time. The “My Feed” list is also a bit annoying and distracting, and most players can do without it. New players may similarly feel a bit overwhelmed by having hundreds of slot titles to choose from, but if you never want to run out of variety, Golden Nugget is right up your alley.
Lastly, Golden Nugget also has a customer support help center. This is essentially an FAQ and knowledge-based page that has answers to most technical questions. If you have a more difficult question, Golden Nugget is helpfully available through live chat, phone, and email support lines. This makes it quick and easy to get help when you need it most.
Is Golden Nugget Legit?
It absolutely is and for several important reasons:
- Golden Nugget has several retail casinos across the country. These are found in states like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Notably, Golden Nugget could not get retail casino licenses if it wasn’t trustworthy.
- Golden Nugget’s online casino app has already been approved in other states, including New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Those states’ gambling commissions have checked out the app in detail and found it to be worthwhile and safe.
- Golden Nugget leverages good digital security measures including antivirus software and SSL certification to protect the personal information and funds of its users.
- Golden Nugget has a history of excellent success and safe operations.
- Golden Nugget hasn’t had any major hiccups since launching in 2013 in New Jersey. Over the years, it has spread to other states with a minimum of fuss.
All of these facts point to Golden Nugget being a generally trustworthy organization. Remember that, regardless of Golden Nugget’s legitimacy, online gambling is still mostly illegal in New York. Only online sports betting is legal in the Empire State. Online casino apps and platforms are only legal if they operate under sweepstakes models.
Why Choose Golden Nugget Casino Over Illegal Betting Sites?
Illegal casino sites, while potentially tempting given New York’s ban on online casino games, are never good places to spend your money.
- They don’t have great online security, meaning your funds or personal information are always at risk of cybercriminal theft.
- They can easily steal your money and not offer you a means of legal recourse.
- They don’t normally have great slots or other table game options anyway. Therefore, you’ll be better off waiting for a high-quality, legal casino site in the first place.
It might be sometime yet before Golden Nugget and other legal casino sites come to New York. While you wait, consider checking out sweepstakes casino sites instead of risking your cash and personal information at illegal or offshore apps.
Why Can You Trust Golden Nugget With Your Money?
Golden Nugget is ultimately trustworthy with your money because it:
- It leverages SSL certification to encrypt traffic to and from its site and mobile app. This prevents malicious actors from easily getting hold of your funds, bank account number, or other personal information.
- It will be legalized by a New York gaming commission before launching in the Empire State. This gaming commission will ensure that Golden Nugget is trustworthy, has good digital security, and is ready for safe operations.
All in all, Golden Nugget will be a great app to check out if and when New York legalizes online casino gaming.
Golden Nugget Casino New York Sportsbook FAQ
Not yet, instead, only sweepstakes online casinos are legal in New York, and these don’t allow you to wager or win real money.
You’ll need to be 21 or older to place a bet in New York at any casino. New Jersey and Pennsylvania also have the same 21 or older age minimum for wagering at Golden Nugget.
Yes. If Golden Nugget comes to New York, it will likely offer live dealer games to residents as well.
Only in certain contexts. For now, it’s only online sports betting. Other types of online gambling are still illegal.
You can claim a bonus offer at Golden Nugget in legal states by making the appropriate minimum deposit, then checking your account’s wallet page. The free bet credits should appear there.
Yes, it is among many deposit methods offered.
They will be. If this online casino acquires licensure, it will have to abide by fair gaming rules in order to operate legally in the Empire State.