Online sports betting is now live in the state of New York. Five online/mobile sportsbooks went live beginning January 8, 2022, with more expected to launch soon. This means that Buffalo Bills fans have plenty of sportsbooks to choose from along with competitive odds for betting on the Bills in New York.
Bills fans can now bet on their favorite team to win the Super Bowl without having to travel to another state or one of New York’s retail casinos. The Bills emerged as contenders in 2020 when they made it to the AFC Championship Game, and they have continued to be one of the Super Bowl favorites in recent seasons. Here is what you need to know about betting on the Bills in New York.
Where Can You Bet On The Buffalo Bills In New York?
Now that online sports betting has launched in New York, Bills supporters can bet on their team online or via the respective mobile app for DraftKings, FanDuel, BetRivers, BetMGM, and Caesars, among others. They can also travel to a retail sports betting location in the state. Both online and retail sportsbooks will take bets on the Bills to win the Super Bowl, the AFC East, the AFC Championship Game, their next game, etc.
The odds at each sportsbook will be competitive with the rest of the industry but could vary from one sportsbook to the next depending on several factors.
Best Sports Betting Apps For Wagering On The Bills
Here is a rundown on some of these online sportsbooks.
- DraftKings: DK is the official betting partner of the New York Giants, New York Rangers, and New York Knicks. DraftKings is also partnered with the Del Lago Resort & Casino in Waterloo, NY. New users can enjoy a $50 free bet and a $1,000 first deposit match when they sign up.
- Caesars: in addition to the Caesars mobile app, Caesars has three retail locations in the state. New users can sign up for an account and enjoy $300 free plus up to a $3,000 deposit match.
- BetRivers: the bonus that BetRivers offers does not compare in value to the other operators, but it is user-friendly, and the requirements are easy to meet.
- Caesars Sportsbook at Point Place Casino (450 452 NY-31, Bridgeport, NY 13030): This retail location features a 24-foot LED wall and more than 30 additional televisions. It is open from Monday to Friday from noon to 10 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- DraftKings Sportsbook at del Lago Resort Casino (1133 NY-414, Waterloo, NY 13165): With more than 20 kiosks available on site along with four windows, bettors can get in on the action around the clock. There are over 1000 square feet of video screens/live boards on site. Hours are from 8 a.m. to midnight Sunday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- FanDuel Sportsbook at Tioga Downs Casino Resort (2384 W River Rd, Nichols, NY 13812): It is not the biggest retail sports betting location in the state, but the atmosphere is second to none. There are more than enough televisions for bettors to watch the action play out. It’s open from 1-10 p.m. on Tuesday, 11 AM to 11 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, and from 9 AM to midnight Saturday through Monday.
How Buffalo Bills Betting Odds Are Calculated
Oddsmakers for every sportsbook will have their own method for calculating the odds of a game for the Buffalo Bills. But most will use some combination of advanced math, algorithms, complex statistics, and any information deemed relevant to the Bills or the opponent.
Oddsmakers will use this information along with their experience to set the odds. That likelihood or probability will get expressed in the form of a point spread, moneyline, and/or total.
Once the opening line is set, it is subject to change depending on a host of factors that include how the public bets, injury news, inclement weather conditions, COVID-related absences, etc.
To get an idea of how this works, let’s look at the odds for the Wild Card game on January 15, 2022 against the New England Patriots:
|Point Spread||Moneyline||Total (Over/Under)|
|New England Patriots||+4.0 (-110)||+165||43.0 (-110)|
|Buffalo Bills||-4.0 (-110)||-195||43.0 (-110)|
Buffalo Bills Moneyline Odds
If you want to pick a winner without a point spread involved, you want the moneyline. To keep people from just taking the favorite all the time, sportsbooks give you the chance to win more if you bet on the underdog, and they win. What you win is indicated by the moneyline.
Let’s say you take the Bills to beat the Patriots and bet the moneyline at -195. That means you will need to bet $195 to win $100. But if you take the Patriots at +165 and they win, a $100 bet will win you $165.
You do not have to bet exactly $100, of course. You can plug the odds and your wager into an odds calculator to find out what any bet will win.
Buffalo Bills Point Spread
Betting the spread refers to the point spread. If you take the Bills at -4, they need to win by at least five points for your bet to win. If you wager on the Patriots instead, you would win the bet if they either win outright or lose by less than four points. In either case, you would need to bet $110 to win $100.
Buffalo Bills Futures Odds
The best way to find the current futures odds for the Bills and all other NFL teams is to visit the NFL futures section of an online or retail sportsbook. From there, you can bet on the Bills to win the Super Bowl, for Josh Allen to win the NFL MVP, and more.
Buffalo Bills Prop Bets
Prop bets, or proposition bets, are wagers that bettors can make regarding whether something does or does not happen during a game that is not tied to the game’s outcome. For example, sportsbooks may offer prop bets on how many yards and touchdowns that Josh Allen will throw for in a game.
Also included in the definition are things like Super Bowl MVP, whether the Bills will go 17-0 during the regular season (exotics), most passing yards, etc.
For example, fans had the option of betting on Josh Allen to throw for over or under 300 yards in the AFC Championship Game against the Kansas City Chiefs, but he ended up throwing for only 287 yards.
How To Bet On the Buffalo Bills In New York
Now that online betting has launched in New York, traveling to a retail sports betting location at a casino is no longer necessary. Bettors in New York just need a mobile device or computer and an adequate signal or internet connection. As for the process, let’s say you want to use DraftKings to place a bet on your phone:
- Locate the DraftKings app in the appropriate app store and download the app to your mobile device.
- Register for a new account.
- Make your first deposit.
- Find the page with the market that you are interested in betting on.
- Click on the market and when the betting slip pops up, enter the amount you wish to bet in the appropriate spot.
- Click ‘place bet’ to officially place your bet.
Live Betting on Buffalo Bills In New York
Live betting, also referred to as in-game betting, is one of the fastest-growing segments of the sports betting industry. As the name implies, it refers to betting while the game is in progress. Options will vary from one book to the next, but most will offer betting on the outcome (spread, moneyline, total) with the odds and spread changing according to how the game evolves.
Other options include various player production props, anytime touchdown scorer, first/last touchdown scorer, spread/moneyline/total by quarters and half, etc. Of the mobile sportsbooks approved, bettors will be happy with DraftKings, BetMGM, Caesars, FanDuel, or PointsBet.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl In New York
Now that online sports betting has launched in the state, bettors in New York have options if they want to bet on the Super Bowl. They can travel to a retail location, of course. Otherwise, they will need to download a sports betting app or visit the website of one of the licensed online sportsbooks.
There are plenty of betting options for futures (division winner, conference winner, Super Bowl winner, etc.). As the playoffs get underway, the options will be a bit more limited (i.e., conference winner, Super Bowl winner). Prop bets will range from different player production marks, the Super Bowl MVP, and team-related benchmarks during games to a whole host of things related to the Super Bowl.
If the Buffalo Bills don’t make the Super Bowl, people in New York can still bet on the big game.
Buffalo Bills Partnerships
In the days leading up to mobile and online betting launching in New York, the Buffalo Bills announced that FanDuel would be the team’s official mobile sports betting partner. FanDuel will gain access to various media assets to engage with Bills fans, post signage around Highmark Stadium, and be the presenting sponsor for the Bills podcast, Bills by the Numbers.
Buffalo plays home games at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park, NY (1 Bills Dr, Orchard Park, NY 14127). The stadium opened in 1973 and has seating for 71,608 people. Bettors can make mobile wagers while at Highmark Stadium at the Caesars Sportsbook Lounge within the stadium.
Buffalo Bills Odds FAQs
Yes, bettors can place bets (futures, props, point spread, moneyline, etc.) on the Buffalo Bills at legal sportsbooks in New York.
The closest retail sportsbook to Highmark Stadium is at the Sports Book at the Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino in Buffalo, New York. Bettors can also make mobile wagers at the Caesars Sportsbook Lounge within the stadium.
Yes, the Buffalo Bills have partnerships with FanDuel and Caesars.
Yes, DraftKings is legal in New York. The company has a retail location at the del Lago Resort Casino in Waterloo, NY, and has launched an online site and mobile app.
Yes, FanDuel is legal in New York. The company has a retail location at the Tiago Downs Casino Resort in Nichols, NY, and has launched an online site and mobile app.
Yes, DraftKings offers odds on the Buffalo Bills. Bettors can place bets on futures (e.g. to win the division, conference, or Super Bowl) and, of course, games (point spread, moneyline, total, prop bets, etc.).