The New York Yankees are getting deserved attention for a pace that has them challenging the all-time single-season win record. But this weekend, June 23 to June 26, the Yanks will face the best in the West when the Houston Astros come to The Bronx for a four-game series. Those who plan to place a wager on the games can take advantage of this weekend’s DraftKings NY Promo Code.
The Yankees and Astros have an Empire State, Texas-sized rivalry, having met twice in the American League Championship Series in recent years. In both 2017 and 2019, Houston defeated the Yankees to capture the American League flag. The first of those battles is clouded in controversy due to trash can banging and Apple Watch electronic surveillance sign-stealing scandals from each side.
This weekend several of MLB’s top stars and award candidates will be on display as these rivals meet for the only time in NYC this regular season.
How to Claim $1,050 With DraftKings New York Promo Code
To maximize your betting on the Yankees, head over to DraftKings New York for a free $50 bet and a $1,000 deposit bonus. How does that work?
First, set up a new account and make a deposit. DraftKings will match 20% of the deposit up to $1,000. Use that money on any future bets (you cannot withdraw any of those matching free bets).
With the DraftKings NY Promo Code, you also receive a $50 free bet just for signing up for a new DraftKings NY account. That gives you the opportunity for as much as $1,050 in free bets from DraftKings NY.
Championship or bust: New York Yankees 2022 World Series odds
Pitching Matchups: Astros at Yankees
- Thursday, June 23, 7:05 PM ET: Framber Valdez (7-3, 2.78 ERA) vs. Jameson Taillon (8-1, 2.70)
- Friday, June 24, 7:05 PM ET: Justin Verlander (8-3, 2.30) vs. Luis Severino (4-1, 3.27)
- Saturday, June 25, 1:05 PM ET: Cristian Javier (4-3, 3.07) vs. Gerrit Cole (6-1, 3.14)
- Sunday, June 26, 7:05 PM ET: José Urquidy (6-3, 4.68) vs. Nestor Cortes (6-3, 2.31)
Friday’s game will be the featured telecast on Amazon Prime Video. Friday and Sunday’s games will be on MLB Network in prime time (out of market only).
Yankees vs. Astros Trends & Notes
- The Yankees are 18-3 in their last 21 games.
- The Yankees are 12-8 against the Astros in the regular season since 2018.
- The Astros are 8-2 in their last 10 games on the road.
- The Yankees have won five straight games at Yankee Stadium.
- Houston is 6-1 in its last 7 games.
- The Astros are 34-15 against the AL Central and AL West but 3-6 against the AL East.
- The Astros have the most road wins in the AL (23), but the Yankees have a better road record.
- New York has won the last five starts by Jameson Taillon.
- Justin Verlander has gone at least 6 innings in 10 of his 13 starts and is averaging one strikeout per inning.
MVP and Cy Young Award Watch
Yankees MVP & Cy Young Candidates, DraftKings Odds
- Aaron Judge MVP Odds: -125
- Giancarlo Stanton MVP Odds: +9000
- Joey Gallo MVP Odd: +10000
- Anthony Rizzo MVP Odds: +10000
- Gerrit Cole CY Odds: +750
- Nestor Cortes CY Odds: +1700
- Luis Severino CY Odds: +6000
Judge is the favorite to win the AL MVP, but Angels two-way superstar Shohei Ohtani will be difficult to hold down. Look out for two players who could drive toward the award with hot summers with the stick — Houston’s Yordan Álvarez and Xander Bogaerts of the Red Sox.
Astros MVP & Cy Young Candidates, DraftKings Odds
- Yordan Álvarez MVP Odds: +1200
- Jose Altuve MVP Odds: +10000
- Kyle Tucker MVP Odds: +10000
- Alex Bregman MVP Odds: +10000
- Michael Brantley MVP Odd: +10000
- Justin Verlander CY Odds: +390
- Framber Valdez CY Odds: +8000
- José Urquidy CY Odds: +10000
DraftKings lists Tampa Bay southpaw Shane McClanahan as the favorite (+340) slightly over Verlander, but JV has been there many times and will be able to weather September better, as a veteran. I suspect he is on his way to a third Cy Young Award.
AP Photo/Seth Wenig