The $1 million International Trot will take place Saturday (Oct. 12) at Yonkers Raceway located at Empire City Casino by MGM Resorts.
There is no cost for admission.
About the race and day’s activities:
- This marks the 41st International Trot.
- This is the fifth International Trot that has taken place at Yonkers Raceway. The first at Yonkers Raceway was in 2015.
- This will be the only afternoon session at Yonkers Raceway this year as it’s to accommodate all the international harness racing fans.
- 10 horses represent nine countries, including the United States, are entered.
- The International Trot is scheduled to take place at 3 p.m. post time.
- There are 12 races on the day, beginning at 1 p.m. and the final race ending near 5 p.m.
- Horses in the race include defending champion Cruzado Dela Noche (Sweden).
- Rest of the horses include: Atlanta (USA), Bahia Quesnot (France), Guardian Angel AS (USA), Lionel (Norway and the 2018 International Trot 2nd place finisher), Marion Marauder (Canada), Norton Commander (Germany), Slide So Easy (Denmark), Uza Josellyn (Switzerland) and Zacon Gio (Italy).
- Only two harness races have $1 million races, the International Trot and the Hambletonian Stakes at the Meadowlands Racetrack in East Rutherford, NJ.
- Yonkers Raceway is a half-mile oval.
- There will be an international themed beer garden with beers from all countries participating.
- Free International Trot hats to fans.
- Music provided by a DJ.