- New Jersey has lost four straight games in regulation for the first time since November 4-10 (0-4-0).
- The Devils closed-out their 13th set of back-to-back games. They are now 5-5-3 in first games and 4-6-3 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- New Jersey was 1/2 on the power play tonight; the Devils were 0/8 in their previous five games.
- Nashville outshot New Jersey, 38-22. The Devils allowed 20 shots against in the first period, which tied a season-high (January 30 vs. Pittsburgh & December 13 at Dallas
- Cory Schneider (35 saves) made his league-leading 48th start of the season and fell to 19-22-5.
- Steve Bernier scored his tenth goal of the season/third on the power play. He has scored seven goals over the past 12 games.
- Eric Gelinas was credited with the primary assist on Bernier’s goal, his first point since December 27 at the New York Rangers.
- Scott Gomez collected an assist on Bernier’s tally, has points in back-to-back games (2a) & 9a over the past 13 games. With 120g-350a-470pts in his Devils’ career, Gomez is now just two points behind Bobby Holik (202g-270a-472pts) for fifth in club history.
- Jaromir Jagr played in his 1,525th career game and has passed Brendan Shanahan for sole-possession of 13th place in NHL history. John Bucyk (1,540) is 12th.