- New Jersey has lost three straight games in regulation for the first time since November 4-10 (0-4-0).
- The Devils opened their 13th set of back-to-back games. They are now 5-5-3 in first games and 4-5-3 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- Chicago outshot New Jersey, 35-26. The Devils’ 26 shots on goal was their highest total since January 19 at San Jose (34).
- Cory Schneider (32 saves + ENG) made his league-leading 47th start of the season and fell to 19-21-5. Despite the loss, Schneider is 7-3-1 in his last 11 decisions & has a 1.75 goals-against average & .942 save-percentage in 12 appearances in 2015.
- Peter Harroldscored his second goal of the season/first since November 28 at Detroit (23 games). He now has 1g-1a-2pts over the last three games.
- Scott Gomezcollected the primary assist on Harrold’s tally and has 8a over the past 12 games. With 120g-349a-469pts in his Devils’ career, Gomez is now just three points behind Bobby Holik (202g-270a-472pts) for fifth in club history.
- Jon Merrillalso picked up an assist on Harrold’s goal and has two helpers over his last four appearances.
- Patrik Eliasskated in the 1,200th game of his NHL career and became the 103rd player to reach the milestone.
- Jaromir Jagrplayed in his 1,524th career game and has tied Brendan Shanahan for 13th place in NHL history. John Bucyk (1,540) is 12th.
- Michael Ryderreturned to the lineup after being a healthy scratch for the previous seven contests.
- Eric Gelinaswas also back in the lineup; he had been a scratch for the past six games.
- Martin Havlatand Mark Fraser were a healthy scratches for the first time this season.