NEW YORK YANKEES NOTES –
• The Yankees completed their homestand 4-1…improved to 4-1 in one-run games, winning their last three such contests…have won four of their five series in 2011.
• The Yankees came back from a 3-1 deficit and 4-3 deficit for their fourth come-from-behind victory of the season.
• The Yankees improved to 2-1 vs. the Rangers in 2011…are 8-4 vs. Texas at the current Yankee Stadium
during the regular season and have won 20 of their last 32 home games against the Rangers.
• The Yankees have scored 48 of their 77 total runs this season via the home run – 62.3%…scored 10 of their
14 runs this series with homers…11 of the Yankees’ home runs this season have tied the game or put the
Yankees in the lead.
• LHP CC Sabathia (6.1IP, 8H, 4ER, 2BB, 6K, 1HR) remained winless on the season…marks the third time in his
career he has not earned a win over his first four starts of a season (also 2008-first four; and 2003-first six).
• RHP Joba Chamberlain allowed 1ER in1.0IP of relief…was just the second run he has allowed in seven relief
appearances at home this season (7.2IP).
• RF Nick Swisher (1-for-4) is batting .526 (10-for-19) as a right-handed batter this season.
• 2B Robinson Cano (1-for-4) homered for the second time in as many days…is batting .351 (13-for-37) with 5 doubles, 3HR and 9RBI over his current team-high nine-game hitting streak…in 29 career games without 3B Alex Rodriguez in the starting lineup, has hit .319 (36-for-113) with 29R, 9HR, 32RBI as the Yankees have gone 21-8…is a career .321 (35-for-109) batter in the No. 4 spot in the lineup with 8HR and 29RBI
• C Russell Martin (2-for-3) hit his fourth HR of 2011, one shy of his total from last year (5HR, 97G) and three shy of his total from ‘09 (7HR, 143G). .
• 3B Eric Chavez (2-for-4) is batting .455 (7-for-15) this season, including a .500 (6-for-12) mark in his three starts.
• RHP Mariano Rivera (1.0IP, 1K) earned his seventh save in as many chances…marks the fewest games he has needed to reach seven saves in his career…had seven saves all of last April…has a win or save in eight of the Yankees’ nine victories this season…has not allowed a run in 8.1IP, holding opponents to a .143 average (4-for-28).
TEXAS RANGERS NOTES–
• The Rangers lost for the fourth time in their last five contests…completed their first road trip of the season, 4-5.
• The Rangers fell to 1-2 vs. the Yankees in 2011…are 4-8 at the current Yankee Stadium during the regular season and have lost 20 of their last 32 games in the Bronx.
• The Rangers reached base in each of the first eight innings…put the leadoff batter on base in the second, third, fourth and sixth innings.
• RHP Alexi Ogando allowed 5ER in 6.1IP (6H, 1BB, 1K, 3HR, 1HP) in the no-decision…the home run allowed to Cano was the first run he allowed this season, snapping his scoreless streak at 14.0IP…had allowed 2HR total in 54.2 regular season IP entering tonight’s game…had allowed just one HR on the road in his career before tonight – Curtis Granderson solo HR in Game 5 of the 2010 ALCS at Yankee Stadium.
• DH Michael Young (3-for-4) has now hit safely in all 15 career games at the current Yankee Stadium (including the postseason)…has an 18-game hitting streak in the Bronx dating back to 6/30/08 (including postseason), batting .431 (31-for-72) at both Yankee Stadiums over the stretch…has doubled in nearly half of his games this season (7-of-15), hitting safely in 13 of the contests.
• 3B Adrian Beltre (3-for-4) drove in four of the Rangers’ five runs…his first two hits came with two strikes…has four hits in his last 6AB vs. Sabathia.
• LHP Arthur Rhodes (1.1IP, 2H, 1ER, 2BB) tossed 34 pitches tonight, marking his most since 6/16/04 w/Oakland at St. Louis (35 pitches)…is 4-9 with a 7.45 ERA (83.1IP, 69ER) in 53 career appearances (nine starts) vs. the Yankees – his highest ERA against any AL opponent.
Bob Trainor’s Audio is below: