Geno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno

Can someone explain to me why there's all this controversy about who the backup QB is?

Do the Jets really think that if Fitz goes down Geno will be the guy to lead the team to victory? He's got 35 INT to 27 TDs in his career and his best statistical year was a year where the team went 3-13.....he's at 42 turnovers in 31 games played.

He's a FA at the end of the year. He's not coming back. If Fitz goes down for more than a game, the season is over. Heck given the schedule they might not make the playoffs with him healthy.

So its clearly not ball protection or a winning pedigree...so why is it such a big deal if the Jets just cut him (or deal him for a 6th/7th rounder)? Because he has a good arm? Matt Simms had a great arm and they could never find a game in a lost season to let him start.

All this because they don't know what they'll get out of Petty? Well the above is the track record of Geno...he's 2-14 in his last 16 games.... Call me crazy, but I'll take the unknown over the known in that case. If Petty plays well you've got a tradable asset for the future be it Fitz/Petty or Hackenberg. If he sucks, you've got a better draft pick and you start progressing to the Hackenberg era.

Geno should start thinking about his future after football and sit for the national anthem
    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

NO FREAKIN CLUE..

Its almost like front office is being stubborn becasue he has the title of "2nd round' pick".. that they are shoving him down our throats..Petty looks like a different much more confident qb this preseason.. I would give him a shot if it came down to it.. The other thing that goes seldom mentioned.. I just dont get the feeling the teamates respect Geno..Just think he is NOT a leader..and wont be followed whole heartly if it came down to it..

Personally, though.. i thhink they are showcasing the Qb's..not gonna go with 4..its absurd if they let go talent (wr's) to keep a 4th qb..I rather they get a backup ol if one is cut then keep a 4th qb if need be..
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Working...
      X