No announcement yet.

Gettleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears just dumped their long term LT with eyes on playing rookie Teven Jenkins. They have a BRUTAL schedule next year and will have Andy Dalton/Rookie QB steering the ship. Top 5 pick here we come.
    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• And its stuff like that where I can't judge the draft just yet....if Dave has a line on some guys that are going to be cut...if the staff that has watched this Oline train/perform in the offseason and knows that they are going to step up....and if it all works out great....

Right now I think they made a mistake at some spots in this draft....and I think given their track record on CBs in the draft - and the results of the oline season after season its fair to question some of the logic.

That said, this was still a great draft just from the asset collection alone...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post
        My big thing with Robinson is he HAS to be a plug and play starter day 1 outta the slot... Which means beating out Ryan and Holmes for that spot because Davis would have been a plug and play starter.

So they can talk about Robinson being a second round talent but if he's CB5... doesn't really help the team.
        Fair enough. We'll see when camp starts up but let's not anoint Davis as this can't miss guy. He was a late 3rd rounder for a reason.

Comment

• Yeah don't get me wrong, its as much of a statement on what his competition would be (a 5th rounder with some of the lowest PFF scores ever - who was deemed better than the other starting guard (Hernandez) - a veteran who gave up 11 sacks and 40 pressures (Fulton) - and a practice squad guy (Murphy)) than saying he's a pro-bowl guard. Lets be real, it would be a shock if he didn't end up as a starter day 1.

Area of weakness vs. area of strength (secondary).

Like I said tho I'm not going to bury the pick NOW - but its more than fair to be very skeptical of that selection given history and boy is this staff going to hear it if the Oline sucks again.

Side note: I think the Oline issues is why I love the Toney pick so much. Slayton and Galloday are deep threats, but in order to maximize them Jones needs time....something that has been hard to come by with 0 running game and shoddy pass protection. Toney and hopefully Barkley give Jones two quick gadget/safety valves who can turn quick strikes into massive gains. Really almost those 2 guys should be used to open up the running game / deep passing game. If used correctly those two guys have the ability to help the O-line, combined with Jones' legs - should mean you need a spy, a guy to track Barkley, and a guy to play over the top with Slayton/Galloday - means *most* defense should be in positions where they need to generate pressure with just the front 4 and still leaves Toney in a bunch of 1 on 1 matchups. Slants and quick outs should be bread and butter.

Comment

• Man reading scouting reports and watching vids of Kadarius Toney i'm starting to get real excited about the kid. He has crazy balance and can take a hit and keep on going. His escape-ability is off the charts. He's got moves like an NBA point guard to create space. Coach up his route running and we might really have something. Goodbye Sterling Shepard.
            My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• Shepard a tough cut until next year.

I'm not arguing that Davis wouldn't have had a shot or even won one of the G positions if drafted against that competition. Based on what I read they had Robinson so much higher on the board that they couldn't bypass him for need.

I wasn't that high on the pick at first but if they use him as a Welker/Edleman type of underneath guy who runs option routes they could have a guy who'll be hard to cover and open things up for the outside guys.

Comment

• Obviously not this year but next year
                My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
                  Obviously not this year but next year
                  Not really obvious since he could be a post June 1 option which I believe would clear around $3 mil
                  in cap space if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Shep is solid....no reason to cut him this year....this whole group of receivers are a walking injury waiting to happen lol. Unless Toney is a complete bust, he'll be gone next year - hell even if Toney is a bust he'll at least get a significant restructure next year....

Comment

• Interesting tryout today for the Giants. They brought in Kevin Benjamin who Gettleman drafted for the Panthers. He hasn't played since 2018 and was released because of not being in shape. But, he's a big man.

The above isn't the interesting part. It's the fact that they listed him as a TE for the tryout is. Nice idea to give a try. He was last listed as 6'5 245#.
                      Last edited by dak11; 05-14-2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I'd be surprised if Benjamin makes the cut, but doesn't hurt to ever take a look at guys his size who once had pretty good production.

I really like the pickup of this new RB Armstead. A dude who's a load and downhill runner. Solid blocker and pass catcher. Honestly sounds like a better version of Gallman

Comment

• All these RB's they've been picking up in free agency, the draft and now waivers SCREAMS that they aren't sure about Barkley being ready.
                          My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• I don't think it has anything to do with Barkley being ready. I think it has to do with having competition for that 2nd/3rd RB spots.

Armstead could be a good compliment to Barkley since he's more a physical player but I don't think he'll unseat Booker as the #2 since Booker offers more in the passing game. The offense wouldn't change as much for Booker as it would for Armstead.

Comment

• Yeah I dont think its Barkley being READY...but it definitely has a lot to do with the fact that he hasn't been healthy the last 2 years..... Booker is a good change of pace back, but if Barkley goes down again, he's not a guy I'd feed with 20 carries a game...I think that's what they are looking at with the competition for RB3.

Comment

• If Barkley goes down there's not going to be just 1 back who gets all the carries. I see it more like the Patriots where they rotate backs based on series/situations and how they're looking to attack the D.

Comment

Working...
                                X