Gettleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosas released.

Also talk that Baker could go on exempt list until the legal stuff gets finalized.
    Last edited by dak11; 07-26-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• I think they roll Gettleman thru too just given the situation. I mean really do you want ANOTHER GM coming in who didn't choose the coach, QB, etc during this whole pandemic scenario? I truly believe he gets a pass on 2020 as well. You gotta let him thru for some sort of stability....you committed to a rookie HC I gotta give that combo AT LEAST 2 years to get a feel if Judge is 1/2 decent or not. I don't want him looking over his shoulder after this shitshow of a season.

This season was all about Jones anyways. Like I said I think they COULD be a 7-8 win team in NORMAL circumstances which when you think of it would be a nice progression....but I really believe the lack of time to truly implement all these new systems AND how young this team really is - look at the D you've got like 4 guys who have over 2 years experience - could easily cost this team 3 wins.

Comment

• Solder opts out

9.9 mil added back to cap. Biggest issue is that his contract tolls to next year which means they'll have a larger cap hit next year if/when they release him.

Comment

• Worth using the space for a 1 year rental type? or better to roll over?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post
            Worth using the space for a 1 year rental type? or better to roll over?
            Guess it depends on the player. I personally would do it with Clowney since it would get him in the building where you can evaluate him for next year and you'd then have the ability to franchise. Not sure if there's anyone else out there worth it.

Comment

• Beal opts out.... well in retrospec I guess Gettleman drafting more corners turns out to be a good thing - I'd personally like to give Ballentine a shot outside and keep Love in the slot, but it might be Love that gets a shot outside with Holmes in the slot.

Seems like a high likelyhood of an area to spend some of the that extra cash on with a couple of FA corners still floating out there

Comment

• Yeah, saw that. A little surprised. Not that anyone can opt out if they're nervous. But this was his chance at getting that starting job. There's little chance that he can come back in 2021 which such little game time with any shot at regaining this type of chance.

I'm not high on a Logan Ryan signing but this is the type of move he's been waiting for while sitting out there.

I'm thinking it's Ballentine's job to lose at this point. Love still seems like a safety/slot guys to me given his speed. He's also one of those interchangeable type guys that have been talked about all off season on the D. You move him outside and you lose that.

Holmes seems like a perfect fit at slot but he could show enough to get a look out there too.

The other guy to keep an eye on - Dravon Askew-Henry. Starting experience in the XFL with good size at 6' 200 pounds. He also spent some time on the Patriots practice squad so Judge might have spent some time with him. He's also one of those 'multiple' guys who can play outside, slot, and some safety.
                Last edited by dak11; 08-06-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Baker formally charged with 4 counts of robbery with a fire arm. Release soon to happen.

Dunbar not charged.

Comment

• Cockrell back. He was great in 2017 doubt we get that version but decent veteran to have around

Comment

• Check that some how that contract died. Back to the drawing board I guess

Comment

• Mayo and McKinney going for surgery,

Mayo meniscus in left knee and McKinney fractured bone in left foot. Both will be out of commission for a while. Estimates for McKinney are 2-3 months and possibly the season.

Comment

• If this team wins 6 games its a pure credit to the coaching staff... Wait till Engram, Shep, etc start taking their annual 6+ weeks of injury leave.

Comment

• Logan Ryan rumors starting up. Makes a little more sense now that McKinney is lost for an extended period of time. You need to add him as a FS/slot corner and not someone you expect to play on the outside.

Comment

• Yep...he's not a fit here at the slot. ...FS makes a lot more sense....THO Love has been playing there a lot in camp and Holmes has seemingly locked down the slot position...not that you can ever have enough secondary depth, but I do want these kids on the field over a 1 year rental

Comment

• Agreed for the most part that Love needs to be on the field. The talk I'm hearing is for him to play FS and be 'multiple' where he can step up and cover the slot as needed. Also a lot of talk that Graham was planning to play a lot of 3 safety looks before McKinney went down. Makes sense since Peppers is more S/LB and you could let him play closer to the line where he can make plays.

I'm also hearing that the Giants would prefer to roll the cap space over to 2021 if at all possible so the deal might only happen on a team friendly deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X