Andrew Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Luck

Lots of talk he decided to retire. Stunning if true.

Pretty crazy....this is even more shocking than Sanders or Megatron. Those guys at least kind of told the Organization - deal me or I'm done...and followed thru.

Luck just took his money and ran. In terms of rational human being - I get it. He made A TON of money - why risk anything? Go live your life...I'm honestly surprised we don't see MORE of this in pro sports. Once you get that first big contract, make your 40, 50, 80+ mil why not bail? ESPECIALLY in sports like Hockey and Football. I know I would in that same spot.

As a fan however I'd be pissed and I really don't blame the Colts fans for booing. He's 29...gave no indication of this decision beforehand...the team was primed for a playoff run...has a tremendous O-Line to keep him safe....kinda crazy and really screwed over that whole organization/fan base

Comment

Couple more details on the time line. Supposedly, he told the team a few weeks ago this was how he was thinking and they gave him time to change his mind and he didn't. They also gave him the option of going on IR and seeing how he feels in a few weeks but he didn't think that would change his mind. Irsay was quoted as saying it's always possible he could come back and Luck basically said he didn't see that happening.

I get the fans being upset given the state of the team. But, I can't blame the guy for not wanting to play injured again. It seems like he's done that his entire career and like you said once you get enough money it makes it a lot easier to get out, especially with all the health stuff the old timers have dealt with.

Comment

It's not stunning when you think about it. He's been dealing with major injuries for years. He's sick of the grind and the lack of a life. Imagine being in this perpetual cycle of being hurt/injured? No thanks. The Colts are actually in a pretty good spot. Jacoby Brissett is probably the best backup in football right now, so it's not going to hurt to see if he can step up. On the flip side if he fails they'll be in prime contention for Tua, Herbert, Fromm and then next year Lawrence.
        My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
          It's not stunning when you think about it. He's been dealing with major injuries for years. He's sick of the grind and the lack of a life. Imagine being in this perpetual cycle of being hurt/injured? No thanks. The Colts are actually in a pretty good spot. Jacoby Brissett is probably the best backup in football right now, so it's not going to hurt to see if he can step up. On the flip side if he fails they'll be in prime contention for Tua, Herbert, Fromm and then next year Lawrence.
          The rest of the team is too good for them to be in that 4-12 or 5-11 area to get the top QBs unless Brissett goes down to injury. With that Oline and D they should still be a 8 or more win team if they can stay healthy which would put them pretty far down in the draft to get one of the top QBs.

Comment

Some speculation, nothing official and highly unlikely to happen, that some are starting to bring up Manning going to the Colts. Probably not at the beginning of the season but possibly at the deadline. Giants will want to play Jones and Manning might want go to a team who has a chance at the playoffs. Manning also has that connection with Indy through Peyton.

Comment

Never happen. Either Jacoby is good enough to keep them in contention or he sucks hard and the team will be taking for Tua.

Comment

The Eli to the Colts stuff is beyond dumb. #1 no trade clause where Eli has stated many many times he doesn't want to play anywhere else, giant for life and doesn't want to uproot his family. Ain't happening.
                My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Working...
                X