Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mock Draft / 2019 Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Was reading that the Giants have been lining Lawrence up at DE for most of OTA. They seem determined to prove that narrative.

    Interesting that RJ Mcintosh has been with the 1s at DE. He had intriguing measurable last year and they are going to need someone to come out of the blue in this pass rush to have any chance at a decent season. Maybe RJ could be a sleeper there

    Comment


    • #92
      Might have something to do with Tomlinson only having 1 sack in his career. Might as well leave him at the nose and give Lawrence a shot at DE while shifting more inside on passing downs. None of the lineman will be big pressure guys so I'm guessing you'll see them all move around.

      McIntosh is a raw/speed guy. I could see him in some pass rushing sub packages. I don't think he'll be starting at DE when the season starts.

      Comment


      • #93
        Lets be honest this team is going to have to have a strong push up the middle and use Blitz packages to get to the QB. Even Hill's 5 sacks were something of fools gold given 3 came in 1 game. But if they can rotate those 5 guys - Lawrence, McIntosh, Tomlinson, Hill, and Pierre (who did have 5 sacks not long ago) - to keep them fresh and keep pressure up the middle then they've actually got a shot to have guys like Golden, Carter, Xman, make an impact....without that I don't see any of our "edge" rushers being able to create pressure on their own. They need this line to move the pocket to create gaps in protection / force the QB towards them.

        Tomlinson is interesting because I thought he played far better on the outside than on the inside - run D kind of went to **** with him in the middle and he stopped getting ANY pressure...but it may have just been the "Snacks" effect. I thought he'd slide back out with Lawrence here.

        Comment


        • #94
          https://www.gq.com/story/odell-beckh...ust-2019-cover

          This guy is such a tool....thankfully he's gone.

          Comment


          • #95
            "Stars" like him truly are team killers. Just selfish prima donnas who don't live in reality. On the flip side you have a guy like Barkley who's humble and grounded and just goes to work and do his job.
            My EntireTeam Sucks...

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
              "Stars" like him truly are team killers. Just selfish prima donnas who don't live in reality. On the flip side you have a guy like Barkley who's humble and grounded and just goes to work and do his job.
              Barkley does it the right way but we're 2-3 years away from a franchise altering decision on his future....that's a dude you almost WANT to pay but it still may not make sense to do so.....

              I really believe we'll see a more well rounded play calling system that doesnt insist on getting the ball to a specific target....

              Comment


              • #97
                As expected Tate loses appeal. Suspended 4 games.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I just read something about Tates contract. It seems with this PED suspension his guaranteed salary for next year is no longer guaranteed which essentially gives the Giants an out after this 2019 season if his production falls.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by dak11 View Post
                    I just read something about Tates contract. It seems with this PED suspension his guaranteed salary for next year is no longer guaranteed which essentially gives the Giants an out after this 2019 season if his production falls.
                    Plus they're going to save another million in cap this season.
                    My EntireTeam Sucks...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post

                      Plus they're going to save another million in cap this season.
                      Not a big deal IMO. Creating cap space is pretty easy with extending players and/or just rolling salary into signing bonus. I think I've seen they're around ~6 mil under the cap right now so while adding an additional mil to that number helps I don't think it makes a huge difference.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dak11 View Post
                        I just read something about Tates contract. It seems with this PED suspension his guaranteed salary for next year is no longer guaranteed which essentially gives the Giants an out after this 2019 season if his production falls.
                        This is potentially big because if Engram / Shep / Slayton? or whoever do step up and have big years it opens more cap flexibility - next year's draft is WR heavy as well (or at least projects to be)... so the extra 9 mil in their pocket, even with the huge amount of cap room they are expected to have - could still be put to better use on a team that's likely still going to need pass rushers and OL upgrades that traditionally aren't cheap.


                        The 1 mil this year MAY be useful if they are at all still looking at some of the Vets still out there - Tre Boston, Barksdale, Nick Perry, etc. There's some vets out there that I think could help this team, but are probably willing to wait it out than sign for vet mins....having 5-6 mil to give someone might make the difference
                        Last edited by MrHat; 08-16-2019, 09:48 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MrHat View Post

                          This is potentially big because if Engram / Shep / Slayton? or whoever do step up and have big years it opens more cap flexibility - next year's draft is WR heavy as well (or at least projects to be)... so the extra 9 mil in their pocket, even with the huge amount of cap room they are expected to have - could still be put to better use on a team that's likely still going to need pass rushers and OL upgrades that traditionally aren't cheap.


                          The 1 mil this year MAY be useful if they are at all still looking at some of the Vets still out there - Tre Boston, Barksdale, Nick Perry, etc. There's some vets out there that I think could help this team, but are probably willing to wait it out than sign for vet mins....having 5-6 mil to give someone might make the difference
                          They can create as much cap space as they need so if they did need 1 mil more to sign one of these guys they can cut players or just roll salary into a signing bonus. Getting from Tate is nice but it shouldn't be the factor in signing anyone.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X