Glazer - teams calling about Beckham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glazer - teams calling about Beckham

i didn’t hear it but saw it posted that Jay Glazer said before the game that teams have called about a deal for Beckham.

I wouldn’t move him since he’s such a dynamic player even with all the headaches that come along. But, with Raiders getting a #1 for Cooper then Beckham would demand at least that and then some.

i think Beckham is more value to keep but I wouldn’t go crazy if they moved him for a decent return. I’d be curious what teams might have called? Some talk is that the Patriots could be a team but it doesn’t make sense given that their 1st will be a late pick.

Would have to be for multiple firsts to even consider it....but even with that isn't the cap hit crazy next year if they have to convert his signing bonus so soon?

Comment

I think it would be around $19 mil. Add that to the potential Manning, Snacks, Jenkins, etc. and it would be another lost year given all the dead money. Add in the potential cut of Ogletree and it could be a pretty big wipe out of all the big contracts.

There's always ways to create space but if this is a rebuild then using 1 more year to create a ton of cap space for the future might be the best way to turn this around.

I I highly doubt he'll be traded. But I agree that it would take at a minimum a upper half 1st and 2nd to even get me to consider it.

Rumors are that offers are coming in for Collins and the Giants could move him for a day 2 pick (2nd/3rd rounders) rather than pay him $12 mil as a FA/Franchise tag.
      Last edited by dak11; 10-29-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I think that would be stupid for Collins. Look I get that he's going to be franchised and net around 11 mil....but he's still just 24....and safties aren't breaking the bank. You want to tell me you can get a 1st + for him? Okay fine...but I'd have 0 interest in a 2nd or 3rd. I think he's better than that. Gotta spend your cap on something - Eli will definitely be gone. There's not a ton of OL FAs that are worth spending on next year so I'd rather keep one of the actually good and productive players we have.

Kinda the same deal on OBJ....tho next year I'd be far more open to it as the cap hit I believe becomes significantly more manageable...and the future of this team will be much more defined (did they find a QB worth a damn? Does the line still suck? etc).

Jenkins I'd love to trade tomorrow even if it was for like a 3rd or 4th rounder or something. His salary is a bloat and his attitude is just terrible.

Eli is here the rest of the year. No one is dealing for him. I just hope that the Giants are using this bye week to AT LEAST install Lauletta as the QB2 with the idea of giving him 4-5 starts at the end of the year. I in no way expect him to be the answer or even temporary future...in fact honestly I think less of him than I did Webb, but you gotta give him a look, in game, before this year ends.

Comment

Agreed on Collins. I wouldn't move him either. He says all the right things about wanting to stay a Giant. I just don't see how you'd trade him at this point unless someone blows you away with an offer.

Eli isn't going anywhere given his no trade clause and Shurmur already came out and stated he'll be the QB going forward. Lauletta needs to start dressing and being the #2 QB after the bye week so at a minimum he can get some playing time in blowouts. But, they have to give him a couple games. If they don't then using a 4th rounder on him a year after using a 3rd rounder on Webb is a total waste in a lost season.

Only thing I'll say about the cap is that they could cut/trade a lot of guys and take big cap hits next year while rebuilding the roster. If they go that path, dealing Beckham, his contract might actually be a selling point to other clubs looking to deal for him. Giants take the cap hit and the new team goes year to year with a very reasonable yearly salary given his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post
            I think that would be stupid for Collins. Look I get that he's going to be franchised and net around 11 mil....but he's still just 24....and safties aren't breaking the bank. You want to tell me you can get a 1st + for him? Okay fine...but I'd have 0 interest in a 2nd or 3rd. I think he's better than that. Gotta spend your cap on something - Eli will definitely be gone. There's not a ton of OL FAs that are worth spending on next year so I'd rather keep one of the actually good and productive players we have.

Kinda the same deal on OBJ....tho next year I'd be far more open to it as the cap hit I believe becomes significantly more manageable...and the future of this team will be much more defined (did they find a QB worth a damn? Does the line still suck? etc).

Jenkins I'd love to trade tomorrow even if it was for like a 3rd or 4th rounder or something. His salary is a bloat and his attitude is just terrible.

Eli is here the rest of the year. No one is dealing for him. I just hope that the Giants are using this bye week to AT LEAST install Lauletta as the QB2 with the idea of giving him 4-5 starts at the end of the year. I in no way expect him to be the answer or even temporary future...in fact honestly I think less of him than I did Webb, but you gotta give him a look, in game, before this year ends.
            I just read that Beckham’s cap hit next year would be $16 mil. But, his salary is $17 mil so if he gets dealt the Giants would actually gain $1 mil of cap space.

Comment

Oh okay for some reason I thought it was even higher. Still don't think it's worth it unless you're blown away....right now at least. Not a fan never have been, but getting like a first and nothing else would be selling low.

Comment

I think we're in agreement on both Beckham and Collins. No reason to deal either unless it's a deal you can't walk away from. Everyone else besides Barkley and a couple other guys who were just drafted should be available if a decent offer comes around.

Comment

Working...
                X