Vernon out for week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon out for week 1

Suspected...but bad news. Only good thing is this is a game where the pass rush probably doesn't matter as much. Stuff the run and Bortles will make mistakes all on his own.

In fact I think you can say for a rare time this whole game comes down to the running game on both sides. Jacksonville wasn't good at stopping the run and if Barkley goes off then Eli should have a field day picking them apart with extra guys committed up front. If they can't get something going on the ground even with all the weapons this D is going to make it really tough on Eli

I'm actually relieved. Better off not rushing him and we get to see if Carter has the goods.
    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

First play from scrimmage...flowers tripping. third play, flowers holding.
      COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
      "it also does not exonerate him"
      ​​​
      Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Jacksonville d is so quick. They just fly to the ball

Comment

Manning has missed OBJ for at least 2 TDS so far.

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post
            Manning has missed OBJ for at least 2 TDS so far.
            He was being rushed both times though. At least one he had no shot

Comment

Again .Flowers beat on the play.

Comment

Originally posted by strummer View Post

He was being rushed both times though. At least one he had no shot
                He was open both times and Eli missed him. He got it close enough to be just out of reach. To me thatís on Eli.

Comment

Maybe I m just an Eli apogist but the line is so bad I just don't think this can be on him. There had to be double digit plays where he had a immediate pressure before he could set himself

this game had a very "same old, same old' vibe to it . Depressing to watch

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post

He was open both times and Eli missed him. He got it close enough to be just out of reach. To me that’s on Eli.
                    The one was ridiculous to put on Eli. Bad snap, immediately under pressure, miracle it wasn't a turnover. The other yes Eli missed him.

Of course another multi drop game from EE and Sheppard with a key drop as well.

I thought Eli played great considering they were in 3rd and long most of the game.

Ends of a muffed punt...seriously? Returner should be cut immediately.

I was disappointed by the run D. I know it was only like 3 plays but I expected elite D there. great games by Apple and Jenkins

Eli, Beckham, Barkley played well. Oline and Engram, sucked. I won't even lay it all on flowers. Everyone on the line was poor. Solder couldn't pass defend. Hernandez whiffed several times. The running game averaged contact at -1 for the first 3+ quarters. Tons of penalties early on

Comment

0-1 against 0-1 Cowboys next Sunday night already feels like a huge game. 0-2 with a super tough schedule early on feels like this one is a must win. This team has just gotten off to such awful starts since the beginning of this decade. Lots of bad Septembers

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post

The one was ridiculous to put on Eli. Bad snap, immediately under pressure, miracle it wasn't a turnover. The other yes Eli missed him.

Of course another multi drop game from EE and Sheppard with a key drop as well.

I thought Eli played great considering they were in 3rd and long most of the game.

Ends of a muffed punt...seriously? Returner should be cut immediately.

I was disappointed by the run D. I know it was only like 3 plays but I expected elite D there. great games by Apple and Jenkins

Eli, Beckham, Barkley played well. Oline and Engram, sucked. I won't even lay it all on flowers. Everyone on the line was poor. Solder couldn't pass defend. Hernandez whiffed several times. The running game averaged contact at -1 for the first 3+ quarters. Tons of penalties early on
                        I won't argue the one much but both are throws a lot of other QB's make even under pressure.

Agreed on Engram and Shepard dropping too many. One good thing was that this offense seems like it's going to try and get Engram down field which is a lot better than McAdoo's go 5 yards and turn around offense.

They have weapons if Manning can get some time. I wouldn't use this game as a barometer for how the Oline will do for the season. Jacksonville is loaded with pass rushers and most lines will have issues.

Backham is poised to have a big year if (again) Manning has time and is accurate enough to get him the ball. He looks uncoverable at this point.

Defense played well for the most part. It would have been nice if Jenkins had that 2nd pick. Run D wasn't at the level we saw in the preseason. Most of the damage came early on with Fournette having a couple big runs.

Tough loss since they looked to have a chance but I don't think anyone actually thought they'd win this one.

As to Dallas I think they match up pretty well with them with Dallas lacking much of a passing game.
                        Last edited by dak11; 09-10-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Well lets put it this way....they lose to Dallas stick a fork in this season. Schedule is too brutal to start 0-2. They figure out how to be .500ish the first 6 weeks here they've got a chance to go on a run in the 2nd half of the season as I still don't think much of their out of division games after the Panthers.

0-2 with the Texans, Saints, Panthers, and Eagles up next....seems next to impossible to even consider more than a split vs those 4 teams....and even that might be optimistic.

I'll be honest, I kind of thought they needed to go 2-0 to start the year to have a shot at the playoffs - on paper....

The problem with the O-line is they don't really get many breaks early on here - Say what you want about Dallas' D, but their front 7 is really good. The Texans with Watt and Clowney? Ugh. The Panther's just destroyed the Cowboys offensive line.... The Eagles have a great line as well. So to chalk it up to "Well they just played one of the best lines in the league..." isn't saying much. They are going to play 4 more top 10 defensive lines in the next few weeks
                          Last edited by MrHat; 09-10-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Flowers has GOT TO GO!!!!!!
                            COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
                            "it also does not exonerate him"
                            ​​​
                            Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
                              Flowers has GOT TO GO!!!!!!
                              Flowers can't handle any speed guys. I still think he could have a decent career as a guard where he'll be fighting other big guys who can't move.

It's safe to say that OT and a speed rusher are already the biggest needs in the off season.

Comment

Working...
                              X