• Show
Clear All

• "Crane vic's fiance turns down aid from Mets player" Daily News

Crane vic's fiance turns down aid from Mets player

Crane vic's fiance turns down aid from Mets player

BY MATTHEW LYSIAK
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 10:42 PM

The fiancee of a crane operator killed in last week's tragic collapse on Wednesday rejected an offer of help from Mets star Ryan Church because her future hubby was a Yankee fan.

A day after burying Donald Leo, Janine Belcastro said she couldn't accept the offer from the right fielder and his wife.

"Don was a die-hard Yankee fan," Belcastro said in a statement. "It would not respect his memory if he accepted this."

The grieving Belcastro added that she "greatly appreciated" the offer.

The money was to come from Church's participation in a Mets' fund-raiser for a variety of causes. A spokesman said Church will choose another charity.
    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

What a dumb *****. Hopefully a crane falls on her head.
    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Janine Belcastro

Is Omar cloning his latin players?
      “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

So now we're abbreviating the word "victim" as "vic?"

I can't...

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Cee View Post

I can't...
          Yeah, it's tote redick.

(Swear to God, I actually heard someone say this in person and it apparently translates into totally ridiculous. I should've beat the piss out of the person on the stop, but I was too shocked.)
          Originally posted by lgm6986
          Standard definition should be outlawed. My daughter was just watching iCarly a little while ago, a show that I absolutely loathe, in SD and I made her switch to its HD equivalent. In fact, I didn't make her, I grabbed the remote from her tiny hand and changed it myself. Standard definition is barbaric and inhumane.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Cee View Post

I can't...
            That stupid f*cking abbreviation had me re-reading that goddamn headline about six times before I figured out what the hell it was about. Ridiculous.

Or, should I say, "redic."
            Theyd done so well up to that point, surprising so many of us with their post-season success, that all I really wanted from their World Series appearance was for them not to embarrass themselves. Win or lose. Just don't sh•• the bed.

Geeze. Thanks, Mets.

Comment

I was busy thinking someone misspelled Crown as Crane. Regardless, that woman's beyond retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilAllen View Post
                I was busy thinking someone misspelled Crown as Crane. Regardless, that woman's beyond retarded.

That wom is a ret
                “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Ahh, Yankee fans.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Kings_of_Quit View Post
                    That stupid f*cking abbreviation had me re-reading that goddamn headline about six times before I figured out what the hell it was about. Ridiculous.

Or, should I say, "redic."
                    Redic? That abbreviation is redunk!

Comment

The guy is lucky he got killed otherwise he would have been married to an idiot for the rest of his life.
                      Obama in 2008 "We won you lost...get over it":.

Comment

Originally posted by 1994 View Post
                        The guy is lucky he got killed otherwise he would have been married to an idiot for the rest of his life.
                        That's a horrible thing to say, but I laughed out loud like an as*hole.
                        Originally posted by lgm6986
                        Standard definition should be outlawed. My daughter was just watching iCarly a little while ago, a show that I absolutely loathe, in SD and I made her switch to its HD equivalent. In fact, I didn't make her, I grabbed the remote from her tiny hand and changed it myself. Standard definition is barbaric and inhumane.

Comment

DDP, I meant no disrespect but DAMN...HELLO, ANYBODY HOME???
                          Obama in 2008 "We won you lost...get over it":.

Comment

I always knew Yankee fans were banana brains...but now one IS a banana...

too early?
                            Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

What a stupid *****. I am sure we will have 20 stories now about how great the Yankees are for donating money to her.
                              NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Working...
                              X