No announcement yet.

Free Agent Duel IGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omar says no offense helps the bullpen because you can't blow leads you don't have.
    I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
    http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Originally posted by swataz View Post
      Glad Omar fixed the bullpen.
      Omar can't be expected to be working on trades. He's far too busy fleecing the Wilpons, and getting another 4 year extension for the outstanding job he's done this season.

Comment

He did fix the bullpen; he cut their balls off and they are now the same scared ***** 3 legged dog that we all know and love.
        Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

Omar needs to go. Really, like tomorrow.
          http://themetsgivemeagita.com/index.html

http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMetsGiveMeAgita/

Comment

Originally posted by swataz View Post
            Omar needs to go. Really, like tomorrow.
            Totally agreed, but I can't see the Wilpons giving Omar the boot anytime soon. Apparantly, they are fine being a laughingstock. The entire ownership and management should be ashamed of themselves, but it truly seems like they are living in a bubble.

Comment

To quote the Talking Heads:

"same as it ever was, same as it ever was"

I sat in a restaurant bar last night having to hear all the Phillies fans hooting and hollering as their team won. The Phillies were on the main TV and the Mets were playing on one of the corner TVs. I was relieved when it was over since I could watch my team in peace. But when the Phillies game was over, they switched the main TV over to the Mets game, and I had to hear another half hour of hooting and hollering as the Mets blew the game and lost.

I really hate the Mets right about now.
              The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
                Totally agreed, but I can't see the Wilpons giving Omar the boot anytime soon. Apparantly, they are fine being a laughingstock. The entire ownership and management should be ashamed of themselves, but it truly seems like they are living in a bubble.
                They are in a bubble... But it seems like the NY print media is finally starting to put some of this on Omar...

Terrible moves lately for some mediocre talent, poor contracts... Handing free money out is not a way to make a successful franchise unless you are willing to hand even more out when things start going badly (like the Yanks)...

This team's overall philisophy is very, very poor.
                "No, I mean, well, no. I don't regret. I don't, I don't regret saying. I mean I regret saying, you know, you know what I'm saying. I mean, I stand by the things that I said, but I don't regret, I regret saying, that in that forum. That was not the proper forum."

-Omar Minaya

Comment

Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
                  They are in a bubble... But it seems like the NY print media is finally starting to put some of this on Omar...

Terrible moves lately for some mediocre talent, poor contracts... Handing free money out is not a way to make a successful franchise unless you are willing to hand even more out when things start going badly (like the Yanks)...

This team's overall philisophy is very, very poor.
                  I agree with everything you said. The big problem is.... How does anyone convince the Wilpons ? They seem to feel Omar is the greatest GM in the History of baseball.

Sadly, no matter how much any of us, or the Media kicks and screams.... it's the Wilpons Organization to destroy, and they are doing a fine job of it, while laughing all the way to the Bank. It sucks to be a Mets fan these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
                    I agree with everything you said. The big problem is.... How does anyone convince the Wilpons ? They seem to feel Omar is the greatest GM in the History of baseball.

Sadly, no matter how much any of us, or the Media kicks and screams.... it's the Wilpons Organization to destroy, and they are doing a fine job of it, while laughing all the way to the Bank. It sucks to be a Mets fan these days.
                    Well, the Wilpons are enamored with Omar and even if they did fire him, they would probably promote Tony B. to GM... That still doesn't help any of us...
                    "No, I mean, well, no. I don't regret. I don't, I don't regret saying. I mean I regret saying, you know, you know what I'm saying. I mean, I stand by the things that I said, but I don't regret, I regret saying, that in that forum. That was not the proper forum."

-Omar Minaya

Comment

• Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
                      Well, the Wilpons are enamored with Omar and even if they did fire him, they would probably promote Tony B. to GM... That still doesn't help any of us...
                      Unfortunately, that's exactly what I expect the Wilpons to do.... whenever they wake up from their coma, and realize that Omar isn't the answer. Then again, neither is Tony B.

Our only REAL hope, is if the Wilpons sold the team, and that's probably not happening either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
                        Unfortunately, that's exactly what I expect the Wilpons to do.... whenever they wake up from their coma, and realize that Omar isn't the answer. Then again, neither is Tony B.

Our only REAL hope, is if the Wilpons sold the team, and that's probably not happening either.
                        I don't think the Wilpons want to go halvsies again but I also think that they might not have control of it... The money they lost with Madoff and the coming commercial real estate mortgage bust are really going to crush them even more than the new ballpark can offset...

-Omar Minaya

Comment

Working...
                        X