Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets still in on Bauer? Angels/Mets deemed current frontrunners

https://www.mlb.com/news/trevor-baue...y-destinations

Based on conversations with sources, the two teams believed to have the best shot at Bauer are the Mets and the Angels.

Mets team president Sandy Alderson made it clear early in the winter that he likes Bauer, and even after signing Marcus Stroman, James McCann and Trevor May for a combined $75 million -- then trading for Francisco Lindor, who will earn $22.3 million in 2021 and command a huge extension likely exceeding $300 million -- new owner Steve Cohen has the financial wherewithal to sign Bauer (or anybody else, for that matter).

Pairing Bauer with Jacob deGrom atop the rotation would give the Mets a rock-solid 1-2 punch, with Stroman and eventually Noah Syndergaard forming a stellar group. Having missed out on Springer, will the Mets now turn their attention to Bauer?
    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Well in theory they'd have that same 6/125 offer they made to Springer in play. Hard to believe that would be enough based on pre season thoughts but not sure the market he wants has ever developed. His inconsistent past and his mouth I guess could bring his numbers into striking distance.

mostly I think the Mets are mentioned here more by Bauer's side to drum up more competition
    ​​​​​

Comment

Yeah..total agent pot stirring..wouldnt say they not keeping eye on it..but its hard to see match IF the whole cbt is still a thing...and if it's not..and they go over to meet his demands..then I will be more disappointed they didn't do this for Springer who was the bigger need atm. And if by some miracle he would accept those springer numbers because he wanted to be a met (not because another team wouldn't top offer because somebody would) mets would have tongo over cbt to fill remaining holes anyway..dont see it..UNLESS they could unload salary (familia).
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

I think any mets today it;s very hard for all students because of amount of homework. That's why I can advice them to find https://essayswriting.help/ and ask professional writers there about educational help, because only there professional writers are ready to help you!

Comment

It's all about the length of the deal. I think the Mets are in around $25 mil per on a short term deal (3-4 year max) which is in line with what Bauer has stated in the past that he'd be interested in going year to year on contracts until he won the Cy Young.

The longer he sits out there the better for the Mets. That means there's not as much interest as he had hoped and his numbers/years should come down from where they are being reported.

Comment

Working...
          X