No announcement yet.

Mets signing Hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports are that the Mets signed Walker.

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...40039214596102

Comment

Originally posted by 86mets View Post

Perhaps he would have..tatis younger..so Lindor wont get the same length..but certainly the average.. Im thinking more 280/8 he will ask for 10 years..perhaps Mets give it to him for cbt purposes..bringing total down to 300-320?

Reports were that Lindor was Cohen's prize target form jump..will find it shocking he allows Sandy to let him walk..especially with the pressure of how this offseason came out..

Will not say the same for Conforto/Thor negotiations..dont have the same strong sense/guarantee those are slam dunk returnees..
      Lindor is 27 this season. No reason for him not to open with 12 years and push that. I find it very unlikely he agrees to only 8 after the last few giant contracts.

Harper was 26 when he got 13 years.
      Machado was 26 and got 10 years
      Betts was 27 and got 12 years
      Trout was 27 and got 12 years.
      Cole was 29 and a pitcher and got 9 years

I'm expecting more like Betts - 12 years $360.

I thinking Conforto/Thor will depend on their contract expectations. Thor is more likely if he shows he's healthy given you have the ability to let Stroman walk and use his salary next year towards what you pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post

Lindor is 27 this season. No reason for him not to open with 12 years and push that. I find it very unlikely he agrees to only 8 after the last few giant contracts.

Harper was 26 when he got 13 years.
        Machado was 26 and got 10 years
        Betts was 27 and got 12 years
        Trout was 27 and got 12 years.
        Cole was 29 and a pitcher and got 9 years

I'm expecting more like Betts - 12 years $360.

I thinking Conforto/Thor will depend on their contract expectations. Thor is more likely if he shows he's healthy given you have the ability to let Stroman walk and use his salary next year towards what you pay him.

Was saying Mets would try for 8...lindor probably 12 like you say..so Mid point 10.. The market will be different as well..several ss hit open market as well.. "timing" is also part of this..Betts hit market at right moment.. "weak" fa market.. imo

Good with Walker..had him on my short list of targets..under radar high upside type signing.. wish there were more options like that on the market left for bp..imo the bigger need..
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post
          Reports are that the Mets signed Walker.

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...40039214596102
          A guy who has never reached 170 innings, threw 15 in 2018, 1 in 2019 and 43 last year.

My concerns about starting pitching remain.
          "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Was saying Mets would try for 8...lindor probably 12 like you say..so Mid point 10.. The market will be different as well..several ss hit open market as well.. "timing" is also part of this..Betts hit market at right moment.. "weak" fa market.. imo

Good with Walker..had him on my short list of targets..under radar high upside type signing.. wish there were more options like that on the market left for bp..imo the bigger need..
            IMO the only way Lindor takes 10 is if he tests the market and that's the best deal out there. If you're looking to lock him up prior to reaching FA it will take 12 years. I honestly don't see any chance of him signing for 10 years (or less) unless the average per year still brings it into that mid 300's area.
            Last edited by dak11; 02-19-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post

A guy who has never reached 170 innings, threw 15 in 2018, 1 in 2019 and 43 last year.

My concerns about starting pitching remain.
              Agreed. I want to see the terms of the deal though for 2021 I'm fine with his 150 innings as long as most come early in the season. Once we get to June/July you start having more options like Thor returning and trades to fill any holes.

Comment

So he gets 2 years 17 mil and a player option for year 3 that can be worth 8.5 or 3 mil buyout. Surprised they spent that much to be honest. I figured 2/15 was about the cap for Sandy on anyone and really doubted he'd go more than 1 year with an option on Walker. So in that regard I have to give him props. It's an overpay - lets be honest. Paxton offers the same upside and settled for 1 year and 8.5. Rich Hill is another guy who can't stay healthy but is really good when he is, only got 3 mil. So its head scratching to me when they can't afford 2-3 mil more on another player, but then hand out a deal like this....whatever

Price aside I don't mind the signing, nor do I mind that he's probably not a 30 start 200 inning guy...when he's healthy, he's good. He comes into the year healthy and he's the 5th starter....meaning medicore/but durable guys like Lucceshi and Thor coming back are now DEPTH not badly needed. That's how you build a good rotation

Comment

The "next" guy always BREAKS the market in some way. He's going to want more than Tatis or Betts in $$ whether thats "per" or total value. Years are always up for debate, but in the end they aren't getting him for less than 350/10......it might be 12/380. I think the FA market really wont have much to do with it when you're labelled as a top 5/10 player in the game

Comment

Corrasco sidelined with elbow soreness.
                    COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
                    "it also does not exonerate him"
                    ​​​
                    Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Mets keep Smith out of left temporarily as a precaution The Mets don't want to take the injury chance as he slowly transitions to a full-time leftfielder.
                      This is pure Wilponian. He's so inexperienced that he might hurt himself learning to play the position, so we'd better not let him learn how to play said position....
                      "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post

This is pure Wilponian. He's so inexperienced that he might hurt himself learning to play the position, so we'd better not let him learn how to play said position....
                        ..and wait til REGULAR SEASON to learn on the fly...makes sense..lol
                        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Working...
                        X