No announcement yet.

Mets signing Hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Cubs. Somehow Arrietta got 7 mil from them.

Rich Hill to the Rays for 2.5 mil tho. That seems like a steal. I know he's 1000 always hurt but his worst era in the last 5 years was 3.66. when he's out there he's really good.

Paxton reportedly looking for 12+ mil. Given what Jake and Corey got that's probably about right for the market but feels like an overpay. He's better than either at this point in his career.

Walker wants a multi year deal which is probably why we don't hear anything on the Mets there. I believe Sandy is only interested in 1 year deals under 8 mil

Comment

https://newyorkmets.medium.com/medic...o-ad45eca4bf29

Lugo on shelf to start out...want another arm..Rosenthal best one out there at this point..still wants good money and closer role allegedly...Wilson still on mets radar..but frankly would want both..but expect it to be only wilson.. paxson or walker were always my choices from get go..paxson being lh the preference..but more injury risk so wonder how it shakes out..
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Mets were "outbid" for Paxton who signs for 8.5 mil + incentives that could make it worth 10 mil. Haven't heard what the Mets offer was, but see what I wrote above - Sandy's history points to just doing a sub 8 mil deal.

Walker may be under that annually but from everything I've seen he wants a 2 year (or better so 2/16 or so) deal and I just don't see Sandy caving to that. Odorizzi I still think ends up with a 3/27 type deal from someone or 1/12. I think he's too rich both in years and even if he did settle for a 1 year, $$ for Sandy. So rotation is done.

Time to look at the junk pile of middle relief. I guess hope that they bring back Wilson because I don't see them doing much else on that front.

Comment

Mets now outbid by the Yankees for Wilson.....

Forget the Springer or Bauer signings....we're now losing guys - Hand, Paxton, Wilson - over less than a mil.

Lindor and Cookie better be everything expected and more because the rest of this offseason has been a massive let down and straight from the Sandy book of terrible roster building / contract negotiating.

Does anyone REALLY have confidence he's the guy that's going to be able to lock in Conforto, Lindor, Thor, etc? Should have kept Brody

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post
            Mets now outbid by the Yankees for Wilson.....

Forget the Springer or Bauer signings....we're now losing guys - Hand, Paxton, Wilson - over less than a mil.

Lindor and Cookie better be everything expected and more because the rest of this offseason has been a massive let down and straight from the Sandy book of terrible roster building / contract negotiating.

Does anyone REALLY have confidence he's the guy that's going to be able to lock in Conforto, Lindor, Thor, etc? Should have kept Brody
            Washington-Nationals-vs-New-York-Mets-afaf3269351d35bfe26dbfba7a9828f8.jpg

My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Brodie may have signed one or two big fish..but woukd have given the farm for Lindor..
              ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 86mets View Post
                Brodie may have signed one or two big fish..but woukd have given the farm for Lindor..
                What farm? and the window is now or at least the next 2 years while DeGrom is here and productive (opt out after 2022)... Even next year we're not going to be able to keep Lindor, Thor, Stroman, AND Conforto - and there's no incoming minor league talent ready to step into any of those roles for another 3-4 years at best. Instead we've got a team that can compete in the division (but shouldnt be the favorite), but isn't really a WS contender. It feels like the Wilpons mode of decent enough to be "competitive in Sept" but largely flawed. To me, 1 or 2 of those big fish right now is the difference between WS contender or playoff contender.

Comment

For all the "new sheriff in town" and 14 billion dollar owner they really spent jack **** this off season. Lindor's getting the Cano money. All the FA signings have been 2nd and 12th tier dollar store BS.
                  My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

What farm? and the window is now or at least the next 2 years while DeGrom is here and productive (opt out after 2022)... Even next year we're not going to be able to keep Lindor, Thor, Stroman, AND Conforto - and there's no incoming minor league talent ready to step into any of those roles for another 3-4 years at best. Instead we've got a team that can compete in the division (but shouldnt be the favorite), but isn't really a WS contender. It feels like the Wilpons mode of decent enough to be "competitive in Sept" but largely flawed. To me, 1 or 2 of those big fish right now is the difference between WS contender or playoff contender.

Not debating your main points..and totally agree that the offseason started with a bang and has fizzled out big time..

Point I'm making is that all mlb felt we stole/won the trade in terms of talent given up..all I was saying was Brodie would have lost the negotiation and likely given up Alvarez or Allan..so at very least we still have those bullets in chamber..but yes..the "FA" strategy has been very disappointing thus far ..

Comment

Now we miss out on Rosenthal as well, with him going to the A's of all places. Did we just get out bid by the A's? Is that something that happens now?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/18/trevor...ets-fliration/
                      I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Like I said Sandy is done shopping...the ONLY contracts he's giving out at this point is sub 8 mil 1 year type deals... so unless the market is absolutely dead for guys like Walker we're looking thru the left overs.

Only hope we have is the trade market develops for some targets....he's saving all his pennies for that mid-season type move.

Comment

And for only 1 year at $11m. After all the bluster of now they can overpay for needed talent, using money instead of trading prospects, Sandy went right back to his usual MO of stubbornly offering what he thinks a player is worth and not what the market dictates, and winning his own personal victories instead of, you know, the coming season.

During his previous time he would pull off that one move a season like trading for Wheeler or Nothing, then resting on those laurels and having no further follow up beyond spreading his available resources about on mediocre players and thinking he's found bounce back candidates (that got way too much rope) rather than securing an impact player. I was never a fan, and I think after this off-season, we can only blame the Wilpons so much.

As Hat has said, I have no faith in him locking up Lindor or existing players for what they're worth. His stubborn ego just won't allow it. Instead, we'll get another chocolate box quip. We just have to hope Cohen is as ruthless here as in his business and cans his ass after a lack of results in a future off-season.
                          "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Also seeing Sandy apologists and Cohen acolytes (he's better than the Wilpons and I too was ecstatic, but he could easily end up being a bad owner) excuse this because apparently Rosenthal wanted to close.

So? Let him. The bullpen is thin and shaky as hell. After 2019 Diaz shouldn't be guaranteed the role. Let him earn it again. Get the talent that is badly needed. And if that was an issue, why target him at all? Why pass on Hand or Wilson.

They would have been a 70 win team last season in a full year. Do we honestly think Lindor, Carrasco and some meh signings vaults that over the Braves? Jake is the only pitcher you can assume for 180 innings. While every team has the same issue of pitchers being less stretched out, our number 3 pitched ZERO innings last year. The promising rookie hadn't pitched deep before his short season last year. And who the **** is the 5th starter? We're relying on THIS bullpen to cover the shortfall? Sandys collection of slop depth?

Their pitching is an incredibly weak house of cards, and given that's what did the team in last year (along with defense, which has only been slightly addressed) it's incredible that Sandy has once again ignored it.
                            "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by 86mets View Post

Not debating your main points..and totally agree that the offseason started with a bang and has fizzled out big time..

Point I'm making is that all mlb felt we stole/won the trade in terms of talent given up..all I was saying was Brodie would have lost the negotiation and likely given up Alvarez or Allan..so at very least we still have those bullets in chamber..but yes..the "FA" strategy has been very disappointing thus far ..
                              Brody also wouldn't have done the move without locking Lindor up right away. The market just got set with Tatis. They'll have to beat that now. Do you see Sandy spending 350+ mil on Lindor? The fact that he got him for less is meaningless if he walks after this year

Comment

Brody also wouldn't have done the move without locking Lindor up right away. The market just got set with Tatis. They'll have to beat that now. Do you see Sandy spending 350+ mil on Lindor? The fact that he got him for less is meaningless if he walks after this year
                                Perhaps he would have..tatis younger..so Lindor wont get the same length..but certainly the average.. Im thinking more 280/8 he will ask for 10 years..perhaps Mets give it to him for cbt purposes..bringing total down to 300-320?

Reports were that Lindor was Cohen's prize target form jump..will find it shocking he allows Sandy to let him walk..especially with the pressure of how this offseason came out..

Will not say the same for Conforto/Thor negotiations..dont have the same strong sense/guarantee those are slam dunk returnees..

Comment

Working...
                                X