No announcement yet.

Mets get Lindor and Carrasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrific trade....as nice as Gomez is, his ceiling still falls well short of what Lindor already is. Nothing is a lock, but this is a top 5-10 player in baseball at a critical position, in his prime - not another Alomar/Cano deal.

No spot of Rosario and they kept their top rated SS in the minors. A no brainer deal...excellent move. This is where I'll give Sandy credit, his trades have generally fell heavily in the Mets favor - this looks like another.

Still badly need pitching (Carlos is getting up there in age and ideally should be more 3-4)...but DeGrom, Stroman, Carasco, Peterson at least is an acceptable rotation. Not saying they need Bauer in there (tho would be nice), but I'd like to see Lugo in the pen and more of a Peterson/Matz battle for the 5th spot than expecting to lean on one. This team has 0 starting pitching depth at the AAA level and you know you always need to go about 7 deep

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post
      Terrific trade....as nice as Gomez is, his ceiling still falls well short of what Lindor already is. Nothing is a lock, but this is a top 5-10 player in baseball at a critical position, in his prime - not another Alomar/Cano deal.

No spot of Rosario and they kept their top rated SS in the minors. A no brainer deal...excellent move. This is where I'll give Sandy credit, his trades have generally fell heavily in the Mets favor - this looks like another.

Still badly need pitching (Carlos is getting up there in age and ideally should be more 3-4)...but DeGrom, Stroman, Carasco, Peterson at least is an acceptable rotation. Not saying they need Bauer in there (tho would be nice), but I'd like to see Lugo in the pen and more of a Peterson/Matz battle for the 5th spot than expecting to lean on one. This team has 0 starting pitching depth at the AAA level and you know you always need to go about 7 deep
      what happened to syndegaard
      “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Holy ****. I backtrack a lot of the prior sleepy Sandy comments!

It's a good deal as is, but if they use Cohen's money to lock up Lindor, this is an amazing trade.

Geeze they did a good job of keeping that hand close to their chests.

On edit -

"We've had one conversation with [Lindor] and no conversations with his agent...We acquired him with the thought that he could be a Met long term." - Sandy Alderson "We're comfortable with that and what we could do going forward."
        "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Great trade. Upgrade a need postion and didn't have to deal any of the top guys. Gave up a bunch of young kids but none that aren't/weren't replaceable.

Comment

What a day.

I think Bauer is now a long shot. I’d take a stab at Paxton or Kluber on the rebound.

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post

what happened to syndegaard
              TJ during Spring Training last year, March 27th to be exact.
              NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
              The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
              Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
              Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

Comment

Good now still get Springer, Brad Hand and maybe throw a dart at Kluber.
                My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

these are glorious days for being a Met fan

Comment

I have not been this stoked since we signed Carlos Beltran and Pedro Martinez in the same winter meeting

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post

TJ during Spring Training last year, March 27th to be exact.

yes I know that. Hat didn’t have him in his rotation and everything I’ve heard is that he’s ready to go? Is that not the case?

“President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post

yes I know that. Hat didn’t have him in his rotation and everything I’ve heard is that he’s ready to go? Is that not the case?
                        Absolutely not. June/July is still the target, but as with most TJ guys they are complete crap usually when they come back initially. I wouldn't count on meaningful innings from him until 2022 and I hope they operate thinking that way with the rotation. Which means they still need another starter or just sign another reliever and move Lugo to the rotation. Screw Matz he's had his chances.

deGrom, Carrasco, Stroman, Peterson, Lugo/or another acquisition. You can treat Syndergaard as a trade deadline pickup and pivot to a 6 man rotation or send down Peterson if he's not lighting the world on fire.
                        My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Yeah counting on thor for anything is a mistake. That's why I left him out. Even when he comes back you're talking about strict inning and pitch limits.

So they need someone else they can count on. Let Peterson/Mats battle for the 5th spot. I never want to see Lugo as a starter. He's been terrible there and he's dominating out of the pen. Waste of resources.

3B is going to be a concern with this team. Davis is brutal there, worse than Nimmo is in CF. I almost think the Mets should push hard at DJ or Didi to play 2B and let McNeil play 3b to keep Davis in LF. doubly true if Springer's price is north of 150.

Look I want Springer good defense and bat are a great fit but 3b then it's going to be a major issue for this team defensively. So they'll have to make another move and from the sounds of it at least for this year with virtually no revenue coming in they probably won't exceed the tax... Which makes total sense, also knowing you've got to pay thor, conforto, and now Lindor.

​​​​​​

Comment

There's rumors going around they checked in with the Cubs on Bryant. No one's sure if that was only if they missed out on Lindor or possibly in addition to Lindor. Speculation was that the Cubs might be looking to move salary and with Bryant's pending FA it shouldn't take top prospect to get him.

As to signing Lindor long term this is what Heyman tweeted: The Indians understood they weren’t going to be able to extend Francisco Lindor by last spring. They offered over $200M while Lindor was seeking more than $300M. It was quite a gap. The big-market Mets obviously will have a better chance to get it done.

Comment

Yeah cant imagine they have the prospects to pull a Bryant or Nolan deal at this point.... honestly I get the vibe they are going end up going with Jackie Bradley, a reliever, and call it an offseason. Would be Sandy's MO to leave "flexibility" than spend big on DJ or Springer. Now we'll really get to see what Cohens influence is....

I'm just more concerned with 3B and the starting rotation.... Carrasco has dealt with a lot recently and is 34. I've never been a big Stroman fan (as a top tier pitcher - he's more mid-rotation to me)... Peterson had a nice 60 games, but he's been tabbed as a back end starter most of his career (tho he should be a work horse). Matz was a disaster. Lugo is trash as a starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X