2020 IST - In-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shastada View Post

He gets a lead and immediately loses his mojo...
    yep. Different mindset pitching with a lead

“President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

This team is painful to watch... can't score against a single A pitcher. Least surprising thing ever.
      I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

This team is painful to watch... can't score against a single A pitcher. Least surprising thing ever.
        there isn’t a clutch bone in this team’s body. They are getting more men on base than any team in the league and can’t score any runs. And this manger sucks. dozier? Really? I hope the Marlins win the World Series

“President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

It's almost like Rojas just decides to put McNeil up 2nd and Alonso up 3rd and then starts throwing darts to see about all the other spots.

Nimmo hitting at beginning of the year with a .400 OB% and he drops him to 9th for a few games while bumping Rosario to leadoff with his career .303 OB%. Rosario then goes on to hit .167 with a .167 OB% over multiple games.

Alonso right now is killing them in that #3 spot. 54 Ab's with 21 K's. Until he starts hitting you can't keep him in that spot. I'd drop him to 5th right now and roll with the below for the next few games.

Nimmo
          McNeil
          Davis
          Conforto
          Alonso
          Smith
          Ramos
          Gimenez
          Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post
            It's almost like Rojas just decides to put McNeil up 2nd and Alonso up 3rd and then starts throwing darts to see about all the other spots.

Nimmo hitting at beginning of the year with a .400 OB% and he drops him to 9th for a few games while bumping Rosario to leadoff with his career .303 OB%. Rosario then goes on to hit .167 with a .167 OB% over multiple games.

Alonso right now is killing them in that #3 spot. 54 Ab's with 21 K's. Until he starts hitting you can't keep him in that spot. I'd drop him to 5th right now and roll with the below for the next few games.

Nimmo
            McNeil
            Davis
            Conforto
            Alonso
            Smith
            Ramos
            Gimenez
            Rosario
            agreed on all counts

It's early!!!

Comment

So now Stroman is bailing on the team. What a useless turd he turned out to be. Another stellar trade guys... freaking morons.
              I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Can Matz opt out

It's early!!!

Comment

Nice to see Rosario and his .207 OB% leading off again. Nimmo's .423 OB% works much better hitting 7th.

Comment

So now Stroman is bailing on the team. What a useless turd he turned out to be. Another stellar trade guys... freaking morons.
                    Is it not obvious to anyone else that this is all about propping up his value in free agency? Seems like Stroman is gambling that he might be worth more as a free agent without playing 2020 . And he might be right. There's a small margin for error in a shortened season. All it takes is a couple bad starts and he ends the season with a 4.75 ERA, which hurts his value. I think Cespedes probably did the same -- if he went out there and stunk it up for 60 games (and he probably knew he would), no one would touch him next year.

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post

Is it not obvious to anyone else that this is all about propping up his value in free agency? Seems like Stroman is gambling that he might be worth more as a free agent without playing 2020 . And he might be right. There's a small margin for error in a shortened season. All it takes is a couple bad starts and he ends the season with a 4.75 ERA, which hurts his value. I think Cespedes probably did the same -- if he went out there and stunk it up for 60 games (and he probably knew he would), no one would touch him next year.
                      They are both using multiple at risk family members as reasons though.

Which would be sh1tty if it’s more of a free agent value issue for both of them. At least put it in your official statement if it’s part of your reasoning.
                      NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                      The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
                      Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
                      Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post

They are both using multiple at risk family members as reasons though.

Which would be sh1tty if it’s more of a free agent value issue for both of them. At least put it in your official statement if it’s part of your reasoning.
                        Of course they are. I just think it’s easy cover for what is mostly a financial play. FFS, Stroman said he was worried about traveling to the Marlins but he lived in Florida during the off-season.

Comment

Mets can’t even do a symbolic gesture right without things being fodder for #LOLMETS!
                          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                          The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
                          Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
                          Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

Comment

A black woman called 911 on a black man who was a wanted felon, who was armed with a knife and who resisted arrest. This is why Dom Smith broke into tears and the leftist mob continued their looting and rioting???? This is why teams are boycotting???? More white men continue to be killed by cops than black men. There continues to be more black on white then white on black crime. I have no inclination to loot and riot. Did you see what they did to Rand Paul and others leaving the convention last night. Where was DC police. Is that mayor trying to compete with deblasio And the Portland and Seattle mayors for worst mayor in the history of the world

It's early!!!

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                              A black woman called 911 on a black man who was a wanted felon, who was armed with a knife and who resisted arrest. This is why Dom Smith broke into tears and the leftist mob continued their looting and rioting???? This is why teams are boycotting???? More white men continue to be killed by cops than black men. There continues to be more black on white then white on black crime. I have no inclination to loot and riot. Did you see what they did to Rand Paul and others leaving the convention last night. Where was DC police. Is that mayor trying to compete with deblasio And the Portland and Seattle mayors for worst mayor in the history of the world
                              I knew a few weeks ago that Smith was gonna be the guy that finally breaks the camel's back for me as far as MLB goes. He was yapping to reporters, who were doing their best to get MLB players to ruin their sport even more than they already have by getting him to kneel. Now Smith, is a hero to the terrorist left. One writer has already compared the POS to Jackie Robinson. The Mets won't be able to ever trade the turd because they will then be called racist. I'm done.

Its amazing. After 50 ****ing years of watching this crap franchise and never being able to say goodbye to the sport I love, This ASSHOE, Smith, and the other pandering, virtual signaling *******s like Conforto, BVW and the rest of these jackasses have finally found a way to convince me to say goodbye. I WILL NEVER WATCH ANOTHER INNING OF METS BASEBALL.

I will miss Keith in the broadcast booth. I will occasionally remember with fondness when baseball was great and look at some of my pre-leftist *******s Mets memorabilia. I'll likely drive out to Shitty Field to see the Seaver statue if they ever actually put it up. But I am done with MLB, NFL, and NBA. They can all go to bloody hell. Every single one of them.
                              For the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed of my country.

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                                Don't forget that disgusting creature that's in charge off Chicago. I want to vomit every time I see that Beetlejuice looking lowlife.
                                For the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed of my country.

Comment

Working...
                                X