Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Baseball Is Officially Ruined

The DH? Really?

Why not let every position have a Designated Hitter? Some dudes can't field. It's a shame for them. Some can field but can't hit. It's only fair. It's time for the 45-Man roster. Designated Fielders. Designated Hitters. Just designate everything and get it over with.

And I say get rid of lineups, too. So quaint and outdated. Just put up the guy you think would be best at the time. Bases loaded? Put your slugger up. And if he strikes out, put him up again. Give the guy a chance.

And what's all this "out" bullshit anyway? Doesn't seem right if a team doesn't score at least 1 run. So let's do a 1-run minimum per half inning. The fans love scoring!

Comment

I don't think there is going to be baseball this year anyway. I feel like MLB will continue to present players union with proposals it knows are unacceptable, just to make it appear to be the players’ fault when there’s no baseball this year.

But I've been..*ahem*.. wrong before...

Comment

Hey dude. FWIW, I think there will be baseball.

Comment

Just give me baseball in any form. 2020 is one big asterisk so I’ll take whatever I can get in any form. If they wanna have female softball pitchers on the mound I’ll take it. If there’s no umpires and the catcher calls balls and strikes I’ll take it though we’d probably have a catcher with a tight strike zone Just give me some baseball
          “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
            Just give me baseball in any form. 2020 is one big asterisk so I’ll take whatever I can get in any form. If they wanna have female softball pitchers on the mound I’ll take it. If there’s no umpires and the catcher calls balls and strikes I’ll take it though we’d probably have a catcher with a tight strike zone Just give me some baseball
            I don’t know how prevalent it is, but the “it’s too early for any of this re-opening sh1t” crowd does seem ready to not see MLB games again until COVID-19 is eradicated or vaccines an and testings readily available.

Speaking of keeping things in lockdown for the rest of the calendar year, anyone heard from Frank?
            NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
            The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
            Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
            Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post

I don’t know how prevalent it is, but the “it’s too early for any of this re-opening sh1t” crowd does seem ready to not see MLB games again until COVID-19 is eradicated or vaccines an and testings readily available.

Speaking of keeping things in lockdown for the rest of the calendar year, anyone heard from Frank?

this is ridiculous. I must know about 20 people that got Covid and they’ve all recovered including my 80 year old aunt with asthma and heart problems. I’m assuming I had it when I was sick in January but I’m too lazy to go get tested Let’s play ball if you’re sick we put you in quarantine but what we are doing to our country is suicide
              “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

These people waiting for vaccines are insane....we're not going to have one this year....and it's been ****ing 2 months and we can't get toilet paper - even if they had a vaccine tested and verified TODAY....it's going to take the better part of a year to reach the masses. We're not even TESTING the masses now. So I'm at a complete loss with how people are handling this thing now.... Are hospitals maxed? No. Is the mortality rate over 1%? No. What do people think is going to suddenly occur between now and even say 6 months from now that its going to make everything "safe"?

I get not wanting 60000 people in stadiums and such at this point...but really we can't figure out a way to get 60 people on the field for a non-contact sport? Makes absolutely no sense to me

Comment

As predicted

MLB stars Bryce Harper and Nolan Arenado threw their support toward Blake Snell, who said Wednesday he wasn’t going to risk playing baseball for less money amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Snell, the Tampa Bay Rays’ 2018 American League Cy Young Award winner, said during a Twitch livestream, “Y’all gotta understand man, for me to go, for me to take a pay cut is not happening, because the risk is through the roof, it’s a shorter season, less pay.”

MLB STARS BLAKE SNELL, TREVOR BAUER DISMISS REPORTED PLAN TO START SEASON OVER REVENUE SPLIT

“I gotta get my money. I’m not playing unless I get mine, OK? And that’s just the way it is for me. Like, I’m sorry you guys think differently, but the risk is way the hell higher and the amount of money I’m making is way lower, why would I think about doing that? Like you know, I’m just, I’m sorry.”

It's early!!!

Comment

That argument would hold water if they weren't multi-millionaires. Hell even the "minimum wage" is $550,000 a year, so none of these guys are hurting for money. If you're making peanuts and actually doing a frontline job i can see saying i'm not taking a pay cut, but give me a ****ing break here. STFU take a cut for one season and go entertain us. You have a 99% of living if you get this **** you scared little bitches. Driving a car a exponentially more riskier than covid.
                    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Trump should invoke the DPA to force these greedy pussies to play

It's early!!!

Comment

Fukc these players. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/mlb-r...-to-draw-favor. I hope they all lose their livelihood for good

It's early!!!

Comment

Taking a step back, we now see the NHL gearing up for playoffs in a little over a month and the NFL to start training camps in August, the two top contact sports in existence. I don't think MLB has any idea the kind of irrelevance they might face if they punt the season and become the very last sport to return. Next Year, no less!

I mean most of us to remember a time to us not that long ago when the World Series was one of the premier events on the calendar whereas now we take it for granted a World Series game will be trounced in the ratings by College Football or a bad Monday night matchup between NFL cellar-dwellers. I shudder to think how much worse it can get for the sport, and the stupid ideas this dope of a commissioner will desperately engage to fight it.

It's really shocking when you think about it, the most socially distant major sport, playing in the outdoors, with an entire economy built up around their training facilities in Arizona and Florida, and the f*cking NFL and NHL are going to beat them to the field? They have no idea the opportunity they're missing here. For godsakes I watched cars making left turns for 3 hours last week and liked it.

Comment

Baseball already is irrelevant. I hate the NBA and NHL so I pretty much only care about the NFL now. MLB was a very very distant second place. If they punted the whole season I would just laugh my ass off because of a bunch of rich babies whining over their millions. I can't wait for the day they get rid of guaranteed contracts in the MLB... It's the biggest joke in all of sports.
                            I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Working...
                            X