Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led, the Revenge
    replied
    Yep, Cohen was seemingly the best result for fans from a spending perspective as it's being reported that the new owner will be taking on annual losses of $50m. So I'm not sure how much we'll see the salary go up straight away unless it IS a crazy billionaire. However, as you say, we just need the incompetence to be purged at this point - hopefully leading to someone who can properly leverage the NY market into something other than a massive net loss. Of course, the Wilpons are holding onto SNY, so that is certainly a sticking point in how much the team could be turned into a profit.

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    It sucks balls, but its still nice to know the end is near for the Wilpons....if you buy that in this case there won't be "terms" (aka if you give up 3 billion) and whoever it is can take ownership immediately. At this point it isnt even about how much they spend/don't spend on the team for me. Its just the constant incompetence of how its projected and run... They could even freakin' sell the team right.....

Leave a comment:

• Led, the Revenge
    replied
    Originally posted by METSSC View Post

is there anyone other than Fred and jersey shore who loves little Jeffie
    He's also demanding that his current salary of $2.5m (WTF?) to go up to $4m per year. There's arrogance, and there's straight up insane delusion.

Leave a comment:

• nique
    replied
    God hates us.

Leave a comment:

• METSSC
    replied
    Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
    Official statements are out, with the Wilpons still saying they're going to sell, with word being it might be in an auction style.

Jesus, I know they're arrogant and deluded, but do they STILL think they'll be able to have someone buy the team while Jeffy is insisting he still gets to run the show? Who the **** wants to just be paying for his fantasy? They're literally asking for someone to give them billions, then keep funding their delusions.

Given that it wasn't full ownership and didn't include SNY, Cohen was giving them more than a fair deal.

God, I hate the Wilpons.

is there anyone other than Fred and jersey shore who loves little Jeffie

Leave a comment:

• Led, the Revenge
    replied
    Official statements are out, with the Wilpons still saying they're going to sell, with word being it might be in an auction style.

Jesus, I know they're arrogant and deluded, but do they STILL think they'll be able to have someone buy the team while Jeffy is insisting he still gets to run the show? Who the **** wants to just be paying for his fantasy? They're literally asking for someone to give them billions, then keep funding their delusions.

Given that it wasn't full ownership and didn't include SNY, Cohen was giving them more than a fair deal.

God, I hate the Wilpons.

Leave a comment:

• Hojo of 1991
    replied
    The Dailynews had no problem letting us know this is all on Jeffie

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ouu-story.html

Leave a comment:

• OrangeNblueNmyVeins
    replied
    63594749.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SteveJRogers
    replied
    Well, this is taking a disturbing turn.
    https://nypost.com/2020/02/04/billio...-life-support/

Leave a comment:

• SteveJRogers
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
    This **** is just the ultimate tease. It can still fall apart and even if it does happen it's going to be a slow torturous hand over.
    DAMNIT! Granted it’s Barstool and not anyone reputable, but Mike Silva also mentioned that issues are started to crop up.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeNblueNmyVeins
    replied
    This **** is just the ultimate tease. It can still fall apart and even if it does happen it's going to be a slow torturous hand over.

Leave a comment:

• Sterling_Archer
    replied
    Extra excellent thread

Leave a comment:

• METSSC
    replied
    So the Phillies are buying all the gnats. Wouldn’t it be easier just to get rid of Harper? It worked for Washington

Leave a comment:

• dak11
    replied
    Originally posted by 86mets View Post
    Phillies plan to pursue free-agent 3B Anthony Rendon, despite luxury tax implications
    usatoday.com

FAST TRACK this sale already!!!
    Also rumored to be interested in Strasburg

Leave a comment:

• Mets bs
    replied
    Originally posted by RkFast View Post

Please come back. PLEASE.
    Only our disdain for the Wilponzis is forever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X