Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeler to Phiilies

5 year $118 mil

No way wheeler is worth 23 million per year. Huge, huge overpay.
    COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
    "it also does not exonerate him"
    ​​​
    Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

My first thought.....****ing *******.

My second though...eh, its his call. Mets werent going to pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
        No way wheeler is worth 23 million per year. Huge, huge overpay.
        Rosenthal claims Whitesox offer was for more but Wheeler's wife in from NJ and he wanted to stay close to here.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...14411060408320

Comment

Cool. I'm officially done.

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post

Rosenthal claims Whitesox offer was for more but Wheeler's wife in from NJ and he wanted to stay close to here.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...14411060408320
            Good for him, set his family up for generations. That's a lot of coin and I'm not exactly afraid to face him for the next five years.
            I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Ugh. Next years promising season getting flushed down the toilet
              “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Can't pay him as much as you paid deGrom.... Sucks that he joins Philly but he hasn't proven worth it.

That said there should be a replacement signing.... Plenty of guys just as good out there that aren't going to cost 1/2 that total value

Comment

Yeah, he leaves a significant dent in the rotation (NOT filled by Stroman), but he's certainly not worth that contract. Enjoy his first half woes in that ballpark Philly, especially if he reverts to his old tendency to snowball when rattled. For one of the hardest throwers in baseball, he still only managed 8.98 K/9, which isn't great in today's game.

He had shown some upward signs the last two seasons, and I know the "advanced metrics" show he was among the better pitchers but he's still only a 4 ERA guy who has shown severe first half/second half disparity. Will he finally blossom or remain the inconsistent guy with potential? Dunno, but I'd place money on his not matching that salary.

Not sure why a team willing to spend silly money wouldn't just go the next level and snag Corbin than take this bet they've got a winning ticket.
                  "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

As much as I liked Wheeler and didnt want to see him go, he aint worth that kind of money and dropping that kind of coin on him would be foolish.

Comment

I was willing to offer 4 years $52 mil during the 2018 season when he started pitching well. I like Wheeler and think he could be a good #2 type pitcher going forward as long as he can stay healthy. I just don't think he'll live up up to the #1 starter type contract he just signed.

Comment

Working...
                      X