Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell make Carlos Beltran a hot coaching candidate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led, the Revenge
    replied
    Reports out heavily implicating Beltran as a key figure in the Astros sign stealing, with word that it was a process brought in by a new player.

Haha, man, nobody could have predicted this but it's hilarious that this kind of bad PR the Wilpons hate is happening after they cheaped out on the obvious and professional choice of Giradi. Now we have a winter and ST with this drama swirling around and the clubhouse.

Leave a comment:

• Sterling_Archer
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulie Cee View Post

He was the invisible mole on a team full of outsize personalities.
    His mole was exceptionally visible.

Leave a comment:

• Paulie Cee
    replied
    Originally posted by The Mocha Fidel View Post

I never saw Beltran as a future manager. Never saw ANY leadership skills out of him. His being named manager is a disappointment. Hope I'm wrong.
    He was the invisible mole on a team full of outsize personalities.

Leave a comment:

• The Mocha Fidel
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
    Didn't we just finally get rid of a manager who doesn't know wtf he's he's doing? Now Beltran who has ZERO coaching experience is at the the top of the list? They reference his social skills and dual languages as part of the reasons like that means anything. WTF does this guy know about in game management in regards to hitting, pinch hitting, player swaps, bullpen etc. WTF am I missing here besides the "good story" part.
    I never saw Beltran as a future manager. Never saw ANY leadership skills out of him. His being named manager is a disappointment. Hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Originally posted by defender View Post

A little awkward, sure. This current admin didnít fire TC, though ó the Alderson crew did.

But everyone wanted Girardi largely because heís proven he can handle NY and win in NY. That was a no brainer. But getting the last guy to actually manage a NY team in the World Series involved with your first year manager isnít a good idea?

Besides, itís a chance for there to be continuity from top to bottom for the first time in a long time. This team has dealt with too many disconnects between GM-manager and manager-bench coach in recent years. The GM has now hired his people and his manager. Beltran apparently loves TC. Let the manager hire his people too if thatís what he actually wants.
    Hate to tell you but Jeffy was the previous regime...

And Girardi was a fit because he had a track record of winning, managing a bullpen, and getting the most out of young players - see the Marlins teams he managed and his last years with the Yankees. How's TC stack up in those areas?

So yeah taking the guy you fired two years ago who consistently underperformed with the team and basically making him the manger in all but name again is pretty ****ing stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Jersey Shore
    replied
    Has Metssc called fir Cab Beltran to be fired yet?

Leave a comment:

replied
    It would have been nice if Beltran had some words for the fans. Maybe he did but I don't understand spanish. By saying that am I now considered a racist?
    This so-called organization is pathetic. Gees I despise the Wipons, Brodie and Omar.
    Martino and Fisher will be up the managers ass the whole season on SNY.

Leave a comment:

• defender
    replied
    Originally posted by MrHat View Post

Lowrie.... Cesspool....

Plus I'm sorry but isn't a really weird - if not flat out bad - look to have a guy who you FIRED just 2 years ago - now sitting on your bench again. I mean most of these guys played for Terry. Seems like that would do a lot to potential undermine Beltran's authority as well. Seems like the most Mets thing ever to fire a guy and then put him in as a the most trusted advisor to the new guy you hire.....

"We don't want you to manage our team anymore...but you can advise our new manager on how to manage the team" WTF
    A little awkward, sure. This current admin didn’t fire TC, though ó the Alderson crew did.

But everyone wanted Girardi largely because heís proven he can handle NY and win in NY. That was a no brainer. But getting the last guy to actually manage a NY team in the World Series involved with your first year manager isnít a good idea?

Besides, itís a chance for there to be continuity from top to bottom for the first time in a long time. This team has dealt with too many disconnects between GM-manager and manager-bench coach in recent years. The GM has now hired his people and his manager. Beltran apparently loves TC. Let the manager hire his people too if thatís what he actually wants.

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Yep Omar was the start....but at least he had ~10 years before he was brought back into the fold...and yeah its really clear he has more than just "passing information/advice" authority within the front office at the moment. I'm not saying he's overruling Brody - but he's clearly got a ton of pull and influence

Leave a comment:

• OrangeNblueNmyVeins
    replied
    Originally posted by MrHat View Post
    Seems like the most Mets thing ever to fire a guy and then put him in as a the most trusted advisor to the new guy you hire.....

"We don't want you to manage our team anymore...but you can advise our new manager on how to manage the team" WTF

Leave a comment:

• Sterling_Archer
    replied
    He definitely hired TC?

Leave a comment:

• RkFast
    replied
    That was the most underwhelming press conference Ive ever heard. BelTRON is going to be great with the Spanish speaking reporters, though...I learned that.

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Originally posted by defender View Post

Another than Cano, this team has no veterans he can play over Alonso, McNeil, Conforto, etc.
    Lowrie.... Cesspool....

Plus I'm sorry but isn't a really weird - if not flat out bad - look to have a guy who you FIRED just 2 years ago - now sitting on your bench again. I mean most of these guys played for Terry. Seems like that would do a lot to potential undermine Beltran's authority as well. Seems like the most Mets thing ever to fire a guy and then put him in as a the most trusted advisor to the new guy you hire.....

Leave a comment:

• defender
    replied
    Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post

The guy who desperately refused to stop playing his favourites no matter how bad they were? Or who kept running crappy veterans over more talented young players? Definitely not the guy I want having a hand in this young developing team.
    Another than Cano, this team has no veterans he can play over Alonso, McNeil, Conforto, etc.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeNblueNmyVeins
    replied
    Yeah i'm pretty dumbfounded by the love TC is getting. Do you really want a first time manager leaning on Collins for advice in terms of on field moves? The same type of on field moves that he was perpetually KILLED for? I mean the passage of time does make people forget and they just see TC as a love-able grandpa type dude. How bad could he be? I mean bench coaches are probably overrated as are most coaches, but you would think someone like Beltran would defer to TC on ALOT of things due to their previous relationship as player/manager. This scares the hell out of me.

Lets hope TC is way too comfortable in his current gig to want to go through the season long grind again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X