Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell make Carlos Beltran a hot coaching candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OrangeNblueNmyVeins
    replied
    Apparently the 3rd round was sitting down with Don Wilpon.

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Can someone explain to me the need for this 3rd round of interviews? I've been a hiring manager for years and never ever had the need to go back and talk to someone for a 3rd time. If you can't decide between a couple after the call-back 2nd interview then either you don't know your business or you don't have the right candidates.....even callbacks tend to be rare and usually happen because you're trying to convince someone else above you that this is the right person...not yourself.

Been poking around listening to some stuff with Perez - some of his xm radio stuff - other interviews - guy sounds like Fizdale to me...smooth talker...used car sales man....always goes for the joke...always goes for the smile...always seems to be your buddy the instant he meets someone. I can easily see Brody and the Wilpons being sucked into that act...and you know Omar is pushing him.

Meanwhile Bogar just seems like your traditional soft spoken genuine baseball guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuk27MoqwBo - Doesn't mean he'll be a great manager and Perez will suck, but one seems to be selling a personality which worries the heck out of me - as that's how you end up with a Brody running your team instead of a Bloom.

Leave a comment:

• METSSC
    replied
    Being the son of Tony Perez maybe he can hire Pete Rose as bench coach

Leave a comment:

• Jersey Shore
    replied
    Originally posted by 86mets View Post

Bob Nightengale@BNightengale
    Eduardo Perez has emerged as the clear front runner for #Mets managerial job
    6:06 PM - Oct 25, 2019

Yup... Just like I thought...
    We can only hope and pray that nightengale is waaaaaaay wrong.

Leave a comment:

• 86mets
    replied

Bob Nightengale@BNightengale
    Eduardo Perez has emerged as the clear front runner for #Mets managerial job
    6:06 PM - Oct 25, 2019

Yup... Just like I thought...

Leave a comment:

• Shastada
    replied
    I wonder what we're waiting for? Maybe it is Bogar since we'd have to wait until after the WS to announce it. Otherwise it makes no sense to wait to hire Beltran if he's the answer.

Leave a comment:

• defender
    replied
    I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know Girardi's personality and leadership style. Maybe there were some red flags. But it does seem an awful lot like they dragged this out long enough to let the Phils just hire him first.

At this point, I'll take the guy with the most experience (Bogar). FWIW, it sure can't hurt that Bogar knows the book on all the Nats either. But I have a feeling Brodie is going to go for a first timer who he can control and will also make a splash (Beltran).

Leave a comment:

• 86mets
    replied
    Originally posted by 1994 View Post
    This so-called organization makes me want to throw up. I guess Joe wasn't interested in working for 50 grand a year and didn't want to bend over every time a call came into the dugout telling him what to do. The next manager will be some stiff recommended by the Omar/ Mendoza cartel . It won't be Boger either. Probably somebody that is close to Cesspool or the druggie Cano.
    That would be e duardo perez...

Brilliant stall tactic by the Mets theyll probably hoping the Phillies hurried up already and took Girardi off the board..Cue the bs that they liked him but he CHOSE Phils over mEts...

Only thing I am also a tad puzzled by.. M the top team figured would have taken him wast he Cubs. And the passed.. Either all the ego GMs want puppets now or their was a red flag if some sort in interview with Theo too?

I do agree seeing how Bogar has payed his dues in various ways should make him a strong candidate amongst the first timers.. And has a mEts player connections to boot.. I takehim over beltran and perez at this point..

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
    FUKC Girardi.... Bogar or Shelton would be / are better choices.
    For the Wilpons? Absolutely. DIRT CHEAP. Honestly I'd kind of be surprised if it was Bogar.

Shelton hasn't managed in over 15 years.

If they're gonna hire a "nobody" it'll probably Rojas who's been in the org for a while and was Brody's coffee guy last year

Beltran is the name splash which sounds more like a Brody move to me

Leave a comment:

• Jersey Shore
    replied
    FUKC Girardi.... Bogar or Shelton would be / are better choices.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This so-called organization makes me want to throw up. I guess Joe wasn't interested in working for 50 grand a year and didn't want to bend over every time a call came into the dugout telling him what to do. The next manager will be some stiff recommended by the Omar/ Mendoza cartel . It won't be Boger either. Probably somebody that is close to Cesspool or the druggie Cano.

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Only the Mets can take something that's a no brainer decision and make it a month long dog and pony show to watch the right guy slip through their fingers.....

Next up in the round of stupidity - Let Wheeler walk. So we can take our only good bullpen piece and make him into a shitty 5th starter (Lugo).

Leave a comment:

• strummer
    replied
    Well things are looking great. Nats are going to be world champions. Phils hire Girardi. Braves are loaded with young talent for years to come. Man things just keep getting better. We're spoiled.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeNblueNmyVeins
    replied
    **** the Mets

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

1h

Girardi was said to have really hit it off w/Phillies owner John Middleton, GM Matt Klentak and others in interviews there. Word is he also liked freedom heíll have in making out lineup cards and other moves, which isnít the case everywhere

Leave a comment:

• Led, the Revenge
    replied
    Originally posted by METSSC View Post
    Looks like the Phillies just hired Girardi
    Well, you know, the Mets needed to make sure they took the time to give second interviews to EVERYONE, including the guy who squeegied Brodie's car windows the other day. How could we possibly expect the "win now" Mets to hire the best guy for the job?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X