Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell make Carlos Beltran a hot coaching candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Shore
    replied
    I guess itís the English speaking players that are gonna have to hire an interpreter.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeNblueNmyVeins
    replied
    Omar Minaya ruins this team again

Leave a comment:

• METSSC
    replied
    Originally posted by Shastada View Post
    Beltran it is!
    and itís being reported that he does indeed want Collins as his bench coach. Make it happen Jeffie

Leave a comment:

• Shastada
    replied
    Beltran it is!

Leave a comment:

• METSSC
    replied
    Hereís an idea I would sign up for that I just heard floated by Evan Roberts. terry Collins bench coach for Beltran. I loved Collins as a manager so looking at all the current options I think Iíd take that

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    The only interesting thing about Beltran vs Perez is the rumors that Omar is heavily in Beltrans corner. Not that I've heard he's against Perez just that he was supposedly really pushing for Beltran.

Just given some of the moves they've made in the last year I've kind of wondered how much pull Omar has with Jeffy. Some of the things seemed very Omar-esque.

Leave a comment:

• METSSC
    replied
    Letís face it. Jeffie and his paid for play date Schlongenen are managing this team. They are just looking for an avatar to sit in the dugout

Leave a comment:

• Jersey Shore
    replied
    Originally posted by defender View Post

He's an actual baseball lifer. Makes too much sense for this organization.
    If it’s Beltran or Perez, I may just follow RKís lead and start following that “other” NY baseball team.

Leave a comment:

• defender
    replied
    Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
    Bogar out...... not getting a good feeling about this.
    He's an actual baseball lifer. Makes too much sense for this organization.

Leave a comment:

• Jersey Shore
    replied
    Bogar out...... not getting a good feeling about this.

Leave a comment:

• Sterling_Archer
    replied
    Originally posted by MrHat View Post

*Most* are desperate for a job. You didn't see Girardi waiting around for a 3rd round of questions... Pat Murphy? what the heck does he have to lose. Random ESPN announcers? Hell gives them time to actually consider what they need to do. These other guys likely aren't getting immediate offers from anywhere else...but I agree with the sentiment that its unprofessional.

What would be really unprofessional from the Mets is if this is Bogar's job already and they are just doing side homework on others while waiting for the WS to be over to announce it.
    Nothing these people do surprises me anymore.

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Originally posted by defender View Post
    A third interview is inconsiderate and unprofessional. Total waste of peopleís time. How long before one of these guys start withdrawing themselves from consideration?
    *Most* are desperate for a job. You didn't see Girardi waiting around for a 3rd round of questions... Pat Murphy? what the heck does he have to lose. Random ESPN announcers? Hell gives them time to actually consider what they need to do. These other guys likely aren't getting immediate offers from anywhere else...but I agree with the sentiment that its unprofessional.

What would be really unprofessional from the Mets is if this is Bogar's job already and they are just doing side homework on others while waiting for the WS to be over to announce it.

Leave a comment:

• defender
    replied
    A third interview is inconsiderate and unprofessional. Total waste of peopleís time. How long before one of these guys start withdrawing themselves from consideration?

Leave a comment:

• MrHat
    replied
    Now it comes out that there's AT LEAST 6 people getting a 3rd round interview. Seriously?

This feels like first time talk to Brody. Second time talk to Jeffy. Third time put your bid in for the lowest amount you'd work for

Leave a comment:

• Sterling_Archer
    replied
    Originally posted by MrHat View Post
    Can someone explain to me the need for this 3rd round of interviews? I've been a hiring manager for years and never ever had the need to go back and talk to someone for a 3rd time. If you can't decide between a couple after the call-back 2nd interview then either you don't know your business or you don't have the right candidates.....even callbacks tend to be rare and usually happen because you're trying to convince someone else above you that this is the right person...not yourself.

Been poking around listening to some stuff with Perez - some of his xm radio stuff - other interviews - guy sounds like Fizdale to me...smooth talker...used car sales man....always goes for the joke...always goes for the smile...always seems to be your buddy the instant he meets someone. I can easily see Brody and the Wilpons being sucked into that act...and you know Omar is pushing him.

Meanwhile Bogar just seems like your traditional soft spoken genuine baseball guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuk27MoqwBo - Doesn't mean he'll be a great manager and Perez will suck, but one seems to be selling a personality which worries the heck out of me - as that's how you end up with a Brody running your team instead of a Bloom.
    Schlong Schlongenen and the Wilpon criminal enterprise will never disappoint you as long as you love being disappointed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X