Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alonso isn't playing today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alonso isn't playing today

    and Vargas is pitching. I'll probably watch 4 ABs(McNeil's) and that's about it
    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”


    It's early!!!


    Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

  • #2
    Still wish they'd give Smith a shot in LF. Its not like Nimmo or Davis are setting the world on fire....and its not like McNeil is gold glove out there. Alonso shouldn't be resting for anyone planned or not at this point.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MrHat View Post
      Still wish they'd give Smith a shot in LF. Its not like Nimmo or Davis are setting the world on fire....and its not like McNeil is gold glove out there. Alonso shouldn't be resting for anyone planned or not at this point.
      Im ok with throwing Smith a bone..he has battled in ph appearances and come thrur..but Nimmo should be the one to sit..He is the one from get go that looks totally lost ..leads team in K's with 9..only 2 bb's..so the 'good eye" is no there now..Davis at least has made more contact..no brainer..smith should be in for Nimmo..NOT for your stud kid 1b who is hitting very well right now..
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

      Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 86mets View Post

        Im ok with throwing Smith a bone..he has battled in ph appearances and come thrur..but Nimmo should be the one to sit..He is the one from get go that looks totally lost ..leads team in K's with 9..only 2 bb's..so the 'good eye" is no there now..Davis at least has made more contact..no brainer..smith should be in for Nimmo..NOT for your stud kid 1b who is hitting very well right now..
        This is typical Nimmo. Last year he'd look lost for long stretches and then catch fire.

        Personally, I'd continue to run him out there today against a pitcher who doesn't K a lot of people (career only 6.03 per /9) and see if making some contact can get him going. I'd also like to keep the D as solid as possible given Vargas is sure to put runners on and is hitable.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dak11 View Post

          This is typical Nimmo. Last year he'd look lost for long stretches and then catch fire.

          Personally, I'd continue to run him out there today against a pitcher who doesn't K a lot of people (career only 6.03 per /9) and see if making some contact can get him going. I'd also like to keep the D as solid as possible given Vargas is sure to put runners on and is hitable.
          Vargas ****ing suuuuuuuuucks.
          Plandy Balderschlong is a douchebag who was once escorted out of a petting zoo for engaging in assplay with pygmy goats.

          discuss ......

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dak11 View Post

            This is typical Nimmo. Last year he'd look lost for long stretches and then catch fire.

            Personally, I'd continue to run him out there today against a pitcher who doesn't K a lot of people (career only 6.03 per /9) and see if making some contact can get him going.
            I was going to type the same on Nimmo...this is kind of his m.o. - He'll go on streaks of suck, but draw just enough walks to not be completely useless...then he'll catch fire and you wont be able to keep him off base.

            He's your starter....he's young....keep trotting those kind of guys (McNeil and Alonso included) out there until you start to get 30-40 ABs under their belt.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MrHat View Post

              I was going to type the same on Nimmo...this is kind of his m.o. - He'll go on streaks of suck, but draw just enough walks to not be completely useless...then he'll catch fire and you wont be able to keep him off base.

              He's your starter....he's young....keep trotting those kind of guys (McNeil and Alonso included) out there until you start to get 30-40 ABs under their belt.
              I think he just need to relax, go back to taking pitches, and working the count. He's not going to stay this bad unless he needs glasses and it seems he's being anxious and chasing a lot of pitches out of the zone.

              I tend to look at a player getting around 50 Ab's before I look to start considering a move and even at that point I'd look more to platoon him then move him to the bench for other players.

              Comment

              Working...
              X