Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the Padres told ALL front offices ..... Here can you match this ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the Padres told ALL front offices ..... Here can you match this ???

From MLB Trade Rumors website 8:08PM
    : Rival general managers have been told that Machado’s offer from the Padres is at least eight years/$240MM with deferred money, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (

Twitterlinks
    ). Some other GMs, however, have been told that Machado has been offered $280MM.

From Andy Martino 45 minutes ago>>>>>> There remains no chance Yankees will top what Phillies,Padres and maybe White Sox willing to offer .

Comment

Posted in Padres fan forum by Padres fan >>>>>
      now if by some grace of god we are able to get both the guys, this lineup is disgusting top to bottom, I would trade Renfroe and a minor league SP or 2 for Stroman ........Padres 2019 lineup :

Tatis SS
      Harper RF
      Machado 3B
      Myers LF
      Hosmer 1B
      Urias 2B
      Margot/Franchy CF
      Hedges/Mejia

Comment

How do the Padres have money to bring in both guys? They going full Marlin and plan on trying to compete then blow it up in a year or two?
        I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Would be amazing if Philly signed neither .
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
          I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

Originally posted by Shastada View Post
            How do the Padres have money to bring in both guys? They going full Marlin and plan on trying to compete then blow it up in a year or two?
            From what I read their projected payroll for 2019 is around $75 mil and they are expecting a bunch of cheap prospects to start arriving at the ML level which could offset any large contracts they sign now. Main issue would be 3-4 years down the road if/when they have to start paying players like Tatis.

I always wondered why teams like the Marlins and other teams who get money from the luxury tax didn't just tank for 3-5 years, gain all the prospects from drafting early, and then bank as much of the revenue sharing money they get from the higher paying teams as they can. From what I saw in one article it was estimated that the Marlins got around $60 mil from revenue sharing in 2017. Then after that 3-5 year period where they built up the nest egg they should have some young players showing up with a decent amount of money banked to help fill out the team.

IMO, ultimately it would probably be a 3-5 year window to struggle and build a nest egg for future acquisitions/signings and then a 5-7 year span to contend before another cycle would happen. If I were a Marlin owner/fan I'd prefer that then this constant struggling every year.

Comment

ESPN reporting: Manny Machado, San Diego Padres reach deal

COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
              "it also does not exonerate him"
              ​​​
              Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
                ESPN reporting: Manny Machado, San Diego Padres reach deal
                Talk is 10 years $300 mil with opt out after 5.

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post

Good…….. Now give lets give some money and years to 3 gentlemen named Jacob deGrom...….. Wheeler...……. and a guy nicknamed Thor !!!!!!!! ……… Lets Go Mets !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post

Not worth it, they'll regret that soon enough. I don't think either was really worth being the highest paid in the game, but I think Harper is the better bet.
                    "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post

Not worth it, they'll regret that soon enough. I don't think either was really worth being the highest paid in the game, but I think Harper is the better bet.
                      Agreed. I also think it speaks volumes that the team that traded for him had 0 interest in bringing him back and that the Yankees spent all of 45 mins with him before basically declaring they were out of it. Dude is an .820 ops player for his career and has lived in a band box....now moves to a good pitchers park. Good luck

hopefully they get Harper too....or maybe he ends up with chicago. Seems like everyone leaves Philly not wanting to play there. I don't see the Nats going over their original 10/300 number and I don't see Harper signing for less than Manny

Comment

Working...
                      X