Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Which teams have been in the postseason the most?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Which teams have been in the postseason the most?"

    from MLB.com 'Cut 4' August 9:

    "Which teams have been in the postseason the most?"

    https://www.mlb.com/cut4/which-teams...st/c-289460918

    http://www.mlb.com/assets/images/3/3...476330/raw.jpg

    NYY: 53
    LAD: 31
    STL: 28
    OAK: 26
    SF: 26
    ATL: 23
    BOS" 23
    CHC: 19
    PIT: 17
    DET: 16
    CIN: 15
    MIN: 15
    BAL: 14
    PHL: 14
    CLE: 13
    HOU: 11
    LAA: 10
    CHW: 9
    KC: 9
    NYM: 9
    TEX: 8
    TOR: 7
    ARZ: 6
    SD: 5
    WAS: 5
    COL: 4
    MIL: 4
    SEA: 4
    MIA: 2

    also, a chart sowing percentage of the time in playoffs of team's existence:

    http://www.mlb.com/assets/images/9/5...475958/raw.jpg


    Discuss.

  • #2
    So what?
    Plandy Balderschlong is a douchebag who was once escorted out of a petting zoo for engaging in assplay with pygmy goats.

    discuss ......

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sterling_Archer View Post
      So what?
      Do you have any thoughts about how many times/what percentage of the time that teams have made the playoffs?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by metsheart View Post

        Do you have any thoughts about how many times/what percentage of the time that teams have made the playoffs?
        Since the Mets aren’t anywhere near the top, and several bitter rivals, including crosstown, former divisional rivals and teams that disowned the city but our current owners haven’t, make up a good chunk of the top (especially since divisonal play started and the 1994 expansion of the postseason), there really isn’t anything good to say about it on a METS forum!
        NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
        The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
        Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
        Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

        Comment


        • #5
          Okay, here’s a thought, its hard to say that the fact that the Mets making at least one postseason every decade in their existence is anything but a quirk when they’ve;

          -Never made it to a THIRD postseason appearance in any decade.

          -Still waiting to put together a division title streak.

          -Three decades were accomplished at the end of one and the start of one and

          -Philly’s runs from 76-83 and 07-10 are perfect examples of “WHY CAN’T WE HAVE THAT!” Even if they didn’t have 80 and 09, those are runs where Philly fans could at least EXPECT to be in the postseason year-after-year-after-year-after-year. Not “if everything absolutely goes our way, and players play above expectations and don’t get hurt, there is a chance that we’d be playing in October!”

          Only 1984-1990 was the only truly sustained run of “postseason as a given” for more than seemingly two-three years that this franchise has had!
          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
          The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
          Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
          Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
            Okay, here’s a thought, its hard to say that the fact that the Mets making at least one postseason every decade in their existence is anything but a quirk when they’ve;

            -Never made it to a THIRD postseason appearance in any decade.

            -Still waiting to put together a division title streak.

            -Three decades were accomplished at the end of one and the start of one and

            -Philly’s runs from 76-83 and 07-10 are perfect examples of “WHY CAN’T WE HAVE THAT!” Even if they didn’t have 80 and 09, those are runs where Philly fans could at least EXPECT to be in the postseason year-after-year-after-year-after-year. Not “if everything absolutely goes our way, and players play above expectations and don’t get hurt, there is a chance that we’d be playing in October!”

            Only 1984-1990 was the only truly sustained run of “postseason as a given” for more than seemingly two-three years that this franchise has had!
            Thank you for summing it all up very succinctly. Those charts illustrate very clearly that Mets ownership has to radically change the way the do business going forward, if they want to start being perennially successful. If they don't start operating drastically differently from the past, then they can expect more of the same unsuccessful results for the overwhelming majority of the time.

            IMO that doesn't necessarily mean that they have to dramatically increase payroll, though. They should be able to field a competitive team with the amount of their current payroll -- if they do things better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by metsheart View Post
              from MLB.com 'Cut 4' August 9:

              "Which teams have been in the postseason the most?"

              https://www.mlb.com/cut4/which-teams...st/c-289460918

              http://www.mlb.com/assets/images/3/3...476330/raw.jpg

              NYY: 53
              LAD: 31
              STL: 28
              OAK: 26
              SF: 26
              ATL: 23
              BOS" 23
              CHC: 19
              PIT: 17
              DET: 16
              CIN: 15
              MIN: 15
              BAL: 14
              PHL: 14
              CLE: 13
              HOU: 11
              LAA: 10
              CHW: 9
              KC: 9
              NYM: 9
              TEX: 8
              TOR: 7
              ARZ: 6
              SD: 5
              WAS: 5
              COL: 4
              MIL: 4
              SEA: 4
              MIA: 2

              also, a chart sowing percentage of the time in playoffs of team's existence:

              http://www.mlb.com/assets/images/9/5...475958/raw.jpg


              Discuss.
              Lol at Marlins making it 2-2 and each time a WS championship.
              The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post

                Lol at Marlins making it 2-2 and each time a WS championship.
                Well that's great...but Marlins fans had no realistic expectations of the team being in contention to make the playoffs in the overwhelming majority of their seasons. Fans of teams like the Cardinals, Dodgers, Red Sox, A's and Braves have a realistic expectation of their team at least being in contention for the playoffs a good percentage of the time. The way those perennially competitive teams operate is what Mets ownership should try to emulate.

                Comment

                Working...
                X