Austin Jackson Making Most Time With Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Jackson Making Most Time With Mets

When the Mets signed Austin Jackson, the move was greeted with a collective rolling of the eyes from fans. The 31-year-old journeyman outfielder was signed in late July, as Matt den Dekker went hitless in 18 at-bats, and Kevin Kaczmarski went hitless in four. Mickey Callaway, who was with Jackson last season in Cleveland, pointed […]

More...

Garbage
    The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
      Garbage
      As a starter this season (Giants + Mets combined), Austin Jackson is hitting .288 BA / .356 OBP / .385 SLG% / .741 OPS. That doesn't really seem like 'garbage' to me.

Comment

Originally posted by metsheart View Post

As a starter this season (Giants + Mets combined), Austin Jackson is hitting .288 BA / .356 OBP / .385 SLG% / .741 OPS. That doesn't really seem like 'garbage' to me.
        Okay, trash

Comment

Okay, trash
          Good to know that you believe a player hitting .288 as a starter is "trash." And BTW -- as of right now, Austin Jackson as a starter this season (Giants + Mets combined: 46 G / 182 PA) is hitting .293 BA / .357 OBP / .390 SLG% / .747 OPS.

Question -- in your opinion, how high a batting average does a starting player need to have to not be considered "trash"?

Comment

COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

Originally posted by mule
            "LOL there's nothing that makes you look more like an ass than when you try to front for the whole gang"

DEFENDING LIBERALISM ONE POST AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
              "LOL there's nothing that makes you look more like an ass than when you try to front for the whole gang"
              Sorry -- I won't go down the 'rabbit hole' with you. Enjoy your solo trip down there.

Comment

The next time that you have something of value or at least interesting to say regarding the actual subject matter of a thread, will also be the FIRST time that you have something of value or at least interesting to say regarding the actual subject matter of a thread.

Comment

Austin Jackson is fools gold. I have absolutely no interest in seeing him in a Met uniform next year
                  “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by metsheart View Post

Good to know that you believe a player hitting .288 as a starter is "trash." And BTW -- as of right now, Austin Jackson as a starter this season (Giants + Mets combined: 46 G / 182 PA) is hitting .293 BA / .357 OBP / .390 SLG% / .747 OPS.

Question -- in your opinion, how high a batting average does a starting player need to have to not be considered "trash"?
                    Get back to me in mid- late September when he bottoms out.

Comment

Get back to me in mid- late September when he bottoms out.
                      If he 'bottoms out,' then Mets don't have to offer him a contract for 2019. If he keeps up a good pace of production, though, I think Mets should offer Jackson a 2019 contract -- and whichever team signs Jackson only has to pay the minimum (i.e. Rangers have to pick up the remainder of his contractually guaranteed $3M salary for 2019).

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                        Austin Jackson is fools gold. I have absolutely no interest in seeing him in a Met uniform next year
                        Whichever team signs Jackson for 2019 only has to pay the minimum (i.e. Rangers on the hook for the remainder of his 2019 contractually guaranteed $3M salary). And it's not as if the Mets are teeming with wonderful outfield prospects. Jackson seems like a better fit for the team than Jay Bruce (who they can probably trade if they eat some salary), and Mets probably shouldn't count on getting Cespedes back for at least half the season in 2019 (assuming there are no setbacks in his recovery from surgeries on both his heels).

If Jackson continues to produce at a good pace through the end of this season, what would be the reason not to sign him for 2019?

Comment

Nobody would want Bruce except his biggest fan Jersey Shore. he is complete garbage, we are stuck with him.
                          “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Nobody would want Bruce except his biggest fan Jersey Shore. he is complete garbage, we are stuck with him.
                            If Mets ate enough of Bruce's remaining salary, I think Mets could ship him somewhere. I doubt they would get much back in return though -- Mets ownership would have to understand that they could either pay that money to Bruce & have a player on the field who probably isn't going to help the team win...or...they could pay some amount of money to get rid of Bruce, which would amount to paying that money to put a player out there who is a better fit for the team (Jackson). That would require a shift in thinking on the part of Mets ownership, though.
                            Last edited by metsheart; 08-14-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Austin Jackson started this season with the Giants going 1 for 12 (Mar 29, 30, Apr 1). Since that time (Apr 3 - Aug 13: 202 PA), Jackson has hit .295 BA / .356 OBP / .388 SLG% / .744 OPS. Compare to Jay Bruce's 202 PA's from Apr 3 - June 8: .230 BA / .302 OBP / .344 SLG% / .646 OPS.

I'd rather see Jackson in a Mets uniform in 2019 than see Jay Bruce in a Mets uniform in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                              X