Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before any eternal optimists start thinking about 2015......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before any eternal optimists start thinking about 2015......

Know that this team has zero shot of turning it around. Sure, I probably would have said they were done at 52-50 then but here is the difference. Now, like then, we were getting quality pitching. I mean, aside from Wheeler unraveling in the 6th the other night, they put together a stretch of nice outings. Of course it's damn near impossible to be like 1-11 or whatever with those types of starts but this is the Mets.

Anyway, at least in 2015, they were running Mayberry and company out there and we knew that if they brought up Conforto, got Murphy healthy and made some trades for bats, they'd have a shot. Again, the result was way more than we could have ever imagined.

But this is a lineup full of slugs who blow and who we really can't move. Bruce, Frazier and others are going nowhere and Smith is not the answer. In all my years of watching baseball, I cannot remember a multiple week stretch this bad for an offense, not even in the 70s. It may be the worst offensive two weeks of any offense in the history of the game.

They're done.

"Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

They are setting historic MLB records for ineptness. But hey, Plandy says this is his fault and Frazier apologized to deGrom, so all is well.

Revlon couldn't make enough lipstick to put on this pig of a franchise.
    Last edited by Green Must Go; 06-14-2018, 09:48 PM.
    The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Working...
    X