Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rosario

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rosario

    In the month of May, Rosario has really picked up his hitting:
    .308 BA / .300 OBP / .385 SLG% / .685 OPS

    But yes, you saw that correctly -- Rosario's On-Base Percentage is LOWER than his batting average. Rosario has walked ZERO times in his last 57 plate appearances (17 G / 16 GS). And walked just ONE TIME from April 19th through May 15th (20 G / 19 GS: 69 PA).

    Your thoughts?

  • #2
    And leading into yesterday (where he went 3 for 4) he was hitting .257 in 35 May Ab's with an even worse OB%, SLG%, and OPS. So if by picked up you mean he's no longer hitting in the low .200's then I agree.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dak11 View Post
      And leading into yesterday (where he went 3 for 4) he was hitting .257 in 35 May Ab's with an even worse OB%, SLG%, and OPS. So if by picked up you mean he's no longer hitting in the low .200's then I agree.
      In Rosario's most recent 22 games / 21 starts (Apr 17-May 15), he got at least one hit in 15 of those games. That's what I meant by 'picked up his hitting.'

      With that said though, Rosario really has to learn how to work a walk now & again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh! Word association! I love this game!!

        Rosario.... hmmmm .... Iím going to go wiiiiith ....

        .... SUUUUUUCKS.

        what do I win?
        Plandy Balderschlong is a douchebag who was once escorted out of a petting zoo for engaging in assplay with pygmy goats.

        discuss ......

        Comment


        • #5
          He's young and will improve, he has the skill set to do so. It does appear that he's being rushed and isn't ready for the big leagues though.
          I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sterling_Archer View Post
            Oh! Word association! I love this game!!

            Rosario.... hmmmm .... Iím going to go wiiiiith ....

            .... SUUUUUUCKS.

            what do I win?
            You win the ever-popular SQUAT.

            Here's how shortstop Xander Bogaerts did in his first 2 seasons in the big leagues (162 games combined):

            644 PA:
            .241 BA / .299 OBP / .363 SLG% / .662 OPS

            And here's how Bogaerts did the following year (3rd season):

            156 G / 654 PA:
            .320 BA / .355 OBP / ..421 SLG% / .776 OPS

            So seeing as both Bogaerts & Rosario were in the top 10 overall prospects, it's in the realm of possibility that Rosario could still turn out to be a good player.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Shastada View Post
              He's young and will improve, he has the skill set to do so. It does appear that he's being rushed and isn't ready for the big leagues though.
              I certainly hope he will improve. But it is a bit distressing that he just doesn't seem to know how to work a walk. That's a skill he needs to develop.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by metsheart View Post

                You win the ever-popular SQUAT.

                Here's how shortstop Xander Bogaerts did in his first 2 seasons in the big leagues (162 games combined):

                644 PA:
                .241 BA / .299 OBP / .363 SLG% / .662 OPS

                And here's how Bogaerts did the following year (3rd season):

                156 G / 654 PA:
                .320 BA / .355 OBP / ..421 SLG% / .776 OPS

                So seeing as both Bogaerts & Rosario were in the top 10 overall prospects, it's in the realm of possibility that Rosario could still turn out to be a good player.


                Chu-uh ... and monkeys might fly outta my butt.
                Plandy Balderschlong is a douchebag who was once escorted out of a petting zoo for engaging in assplay with pygmy goats.

                discuss ......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sterling_Archer View Post



                  Chu-uh ... and monkeys might fly outta my butt.

                  Rosario's minor league ranking
                  Pre-2017:

                  Baseball America: #8 overall minor league prospect

                  Baseball Prospectus: #8 overall minor league prospect

                  Major League Baseball: #5 overall minor league prospect


                  So since you seem to believe that you know better than the baseball people who are paid to make these kind of assessments, you should get a job as a scout for a Major League team. Let me know what their response is when you put in that application.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by metsheart View Post


                    Rosario's minor league ranking
                    Pre-2017:

                    Baseball America: #8 overall minor league prospect

                    Baseball Prospectus: #8 overall minor league prospect

                    Major League Baseball: #5 overall minor league prospect


                    So since you seem to believe that you know better than the baseball people who are paid to make these kind of assessments, you should get a job as a scout for a Major League team. Let me know what their response is when you put in that application.
                    Iíve seen prospects as highly regarded or even more so flame out with this organization since well before you were born.

                    from Don Hahn to Tim Leary to Shawn Abner and Billy Brave to Generation K to Alex Escobar and Lastings Milledge, to the current crop (flop) of Five Aces starters.

                    The list is waaaaaay toooooo long, and my attention span and lack of desire to engage you leave me without the motivation to rehash the same arguments Iíve made for over 20 MOFO years.
                    Plandy Balderschlong is a douchebag who was once escorted out of a petting zoo for engaging in assplay with pygmy goats.

                    discuss ......

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sterling_Archer View Post

                      I’ve seen prospects as highly regarded or even more so flame out with this organization since well before you were born.

                      from Don Hahn to Tim Leary to Shawn Abner and Billy Brave to Generation K to Alex Escobar and Lastings Milledge, to the current crop (flop) of Five Aces starters.

                      The list is waaaaaay toooooo long, and my attention span and lack of desire to engage you leave me without the motivation to rehash the same arguments I’ve made for over 20 MOFO years.
                      I have to say I love your sig
                      ďPresident Obama is a personal friend of mine,Ē said Rickles. ďHe was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.Ē


                      It's early!!!


                      Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by METSSC View Post

                        I have to say I love your sig
                        A.) I was long overdue for a change.
                        2.) I’ím trying to get impeached so I can create a national spectacle.
                        Plandy Balderschlong is a douchebag who was once escorted out of a petting zoo for engaging in assplay with pygmy goats.

                        discuss ......

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by metsheart View Post

                          In Rosario's most recent 22 games / 21 starts (Apr 17-May 15), he got at least one hit in 15 of those games. That's what I meant by 'picked up his hitting.'

                          With that said though, Rosario really has to learn how to work a walk now & again.
                          OK. So if my math is correct that was over 73 Ab's where he had 21 hits and that goes with a .287 BA

                          Now, if I remove his May 15th game where he went 3-4 that BA drops to .260.

                          And if I also drop his 2-4 game on April 17 that number now drops to .246.

                          So while yes, during that 22 game period he hit .287. But in that same span I can pick a 20 game period where he's still batting in the mid-to-low .200's. Manipulating the numbers to try and prove a point is fun!
                          Last edited by dak11; 05-17-2018, 08:55 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dak11 View Post

                            OK. So if my math is correct that was over 73 Ab's where he had 21 hits and that goes with a .287 OB%.

                            Now, if I remove his May 15th game where he went 3-4 that BA drops to .260.

                            And if I also drop his 2-4 game on April 17 that number now drops to .246.

                            So while yes, during that 22 game period he hit .287. But in that same span I can pick a 20 game period where he's still batting in the mid-to-low .200's. Manipulating the numbers to try and prove a point is fun!
                            Forget it, he’ís rollin’í.
                            Plandy Balderschlong is a douchebag who was once escorted out of a petting zoo for engaging in assplay with pygmy goats.

                            discuss ......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by metsheart View Post

                              You win the ever-popular SQUAT.

                              Here's how shortstop Xander Bogaerts did in his first 2 seasons in the big leagues (162 games combined):

                              644 PA:
                              .241 BA / .299 OBP / .363 SLG% / .662 OPS

                              And here's how Bogaerts did the following year (3rd season):

                              156 G / 654 PA:
                              .320 BA / .355 OBP / ..421 SLG% / .776 OPS

                              So seeing as both Bogaerts & Rosario were in the top 10 overall prospects, it's in the realm of possibility that Rosario could still turn out to be a good player.
                              What exactly are you saying here? Are you claiming that since these 2 players had a similar 2 first seasons (~650 Ab's) that they are going to produce the same in the ML's?

                              I don't think anyone is claiming he can't become a good player. He's only 22 so there's plenty of room for growth. I think the disconnect is your comparison's of All Star players vs Rosario at this point based on minor league rankings (which is more about raw ability and potential then actual production).

                              Minor league comparison of Bogaets and Rosario are night and day (Not taking leagues, age, etc. into account).

                              XB - 1427 Ab's .297/.373/.493/.866 55 HR 236 RBI 162 BB 309 K

                              AR - 1775 Ab's .291/.336/.405/.741 17 HR 205 RBI 115 BB 333 K

                              Feel free to draw your own comparison of each of their minor league production.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X