X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post

And like I said earlier
    "That’s a matter of opinion"

Yup. And your opinion is supported by...what?

Comment

Originally posted by metsheart View Post
      "That’s a matter of opinion"

Yup. And your opinion is supported by...what?
      my opinion is that itís foolish to trade Flores in the hope ( hope is NOT a good strategy )that 3-4 years from now the player they get morphs into Wilmer Flores v2022
      COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

Originally posted by mule
      "LOL there's nothing that makes you look more like an ass than when you try to front for the whole gang"

DEFENDING LIBERALISM ONE POST AT A TIME

Comment

my opinion is that itís foolish to trade Flores in the hope ( hope is NOT a good strategy )that 3-4 years from now the player they get morphs into Wilmer Flores v2022
        How is it 'hope' to get something for Flores now & then bid to re-sign him as a free agent (if Mets want to at that time)? And more to the point -- how is it NOT 'hope' to sign Flores to a long-term contract (assuming he even wants to sign an extension now) & get nothing else for him? Is there some kind of guarantee that Flores will suddenly turn into a MUCH better player than his career average so far of .262 BA / .301 OBP / .431 SLG% / .732 OPS?

Comment

my opinion is that it’s foolish to trade Flores in the hope ( hope is NOT a good strategy )that 3-4 years from now the player they get morphs into Wilmer Flores v2022
          I asked what your opinion was supported by (i.e. what facts you're basing your opinion on)..and all you did was give your opinion again.

Comment

I asked what your opinion was supported by (i.e. what facts you're basing your opinion on)..and all you did was give your opinion again.
            It's like looking into a mirror eh?
            My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post

Nope -- not at all. I cited facts that support my opinion regarding the Flores situation (see post #74).

Comment

And you have gotten all the answer you are going to get. I am not chasing you down the rabbit hole.

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

"LOL there's nothing that makes you look more like an ass than when you try to front for the whole gang"

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post

Still waiting you scrawny little pussy.

Comment

And you have gotten all the answer you are going to get. I am not chasing you down the rabbit hole.
                    It's quite obvious that your opinion is supported only by...your own opinion.
                    (No facts at all to back it up.)

Comment

It's quite obvious that your opinion is supported only by...your own opinion.
                      (No facts at all to back it up.)
                      Itís even more obvious that you donít grasp the definition of opinion. My opinion is that itís foolish to trade Flores, given what you would get back. You hold a different opinion. Enjoy your solo trip down the rabbit hole. Send me a post card. Iím out.

Comment

Itís even more obvious that you donít grasp the definition of opinion. My opinion is that itís foolish to trade Flores, given what you would get back. You hold a different opinion. Enjoy your solo trip down the rabbit hole. Send me a post card. Iím out.
                        I have a very full understanding of what an opinion is. I also understand that there is opinion based on the facts of a situation, as opposed to opinion that is based on nothing at all...except one's own opinion. Yours falls into the latter category.

Comment

My opinion is that it’s foolish to trade Flores, given what you would get back.
                          Here are baseball writers who believe that Flores could bring back a reasonable return now --

https://www.nysportsday.com/2018/07/...build-and-now/

"It could mean parting with Wilmer Flores...Flores may provide some good bargaining to get something in return."

"A few scouts the past few days were present at Citi Field. They were looking at Flores."

and...

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/07/06...ork-mets-m1d1/

"Flores could be particularly valuable to an American League team since he can be used as a designated hitter, hiding his poor defense while allowing him to shine at the plate. The Mets used Flores as the DH in Toronto this week, where he went 3 for 8 with a double, home run, and two runs scored. That should continue when the Mets go to Yankee Stadium after the All Star Break, allowing them to use Flores as the DH again and continue to build his trade value."

also...

https://nypost.com/2018/07/04/trade-...gle-b-listers/

"Itís a different dynamic for guys like Wilmer Flores, Steven Matz and Zack Wheeler who can offer more team control [than 2-month rental players]; Flores and Wheeler will be eligible for free agency after 2019 and Matz after 2021. In these cases, the Mets can aim higher in their returns, though they also have to factor in: 1) Wheelerís and Matzís many health battles; and 2) whether they want Flores to keep blocking Dominic Smith and/or Peter Alonso at first base. A respectable return might present enough incentive to pull the trigger."

and...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...09-story.html#

"Wilmer Flores has done this [walk-off hits] enough times now that perhaps it would behoove some contending team to actually offer the Mets a decent prospect or two for Walkoff Wilmer ahead of the upcoming trade deadline."

So your assessment that Flores probably won't bring back anything of reasonable value now, may not be the case.

Comment

I have a very full understanding of what an opinion is. I also understand that there is opinion based on the facts of a situation, as opposed to opinion that is based on nothing at all...except one's own opinion. Yours falls into the latter category.
                            another solo trip down the rabbit hole.

Comment

another solo trip down the rabbit hole.
                              So...you're on a Mets discussion board to NOT discuss aspects of the team that are currently being discussed? Strange.

Comment

So...you're on a Mets discussion board to NOT discuss aspects of the team that are currently being discussed? Strange.
                                Im on the message board to discuss, not to be lectured to.You seem to be prone to the latter, rather than the former.....and I for one have no further interest in participating in your trip down the rabbit hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X