Weekend sweep we're back in it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend sweep we're back in it

trade Rosario for bullpen help. Seriously though. granderson is doing enough that maybe he could net us a prospect and Montero is starting to show some positive signs. Late bloomer
    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

*Yawn*
    I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

This falls into the the category of JUST A BIT OUTSIDE!
      The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Seasons lost...they may make it back to .500, but the NL West is too good.

I hope Grandy keeps hitting!

Comment

We're right where we need to be

Comment

The only thing I can hope for now is an epic Yankee collapse.....

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
              The only thing I can hope for now is an epic Yankee collapse.....
              Would love to see the Yankees fall apart and Judge get popped for PEDs or something crazy.
              I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Originally posted by Shastada View Post

Would love to see the Yankees fall apart and Judge get popped for PEDs or something crazy.
                Their resurgence just doesn't seem natural. I'm hoping the bubble is finally bursting. They have been playing poorly for a couple weeks now. They barely held on to win last night.

Comment

Gsellman is total garbage and should not be on the roster, let alone starting games.

Comment

Another hammy injury. I'll be shocked if we see GSell again this year. Time for Montero to shine. He's had a very promising June
                    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

I'm curious how many games our shitty infield defense has cost us
                      Make America Lift Again

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                        Another hammy injury. I'll be shocked if we see GSell again this year. Time for Montero to shine. He's had a very promising June
                        How does Warthen still have a job?

All told, the Mets have placed 16 different players on the DL this season, including five of their top seven starting pitchers. Gsellman will make it six of seven, with deGrom the only exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post

How does Warthen still have a job?
                          No clue... only feasible explanation is that they don't want to change in-season and that Terry and Warthen will be purged in the off season. There is literally no other explanation as to why they both have jobs.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster. For a team with such high expectations to be so completely unwatchable is hard to fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by Shastada View Post

No clue... only feasible explanation is that they don't want to change in-season and that Terry and Warthen will be purged in the off season. There is literally no other explanation as to why they both have jobs.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster. For a team with such high expectations to be so completely unwatchable is hard to fathom.
                            This is absolutely it. Lets be honest...changing the coach now would make 0 difference to this team. Terry is on the last year of his deal...they can gut the coaching staff in the offseason. I hope Viola is considered

Comment

Originally posted by Onda7 View Post
                              I'm curious how many games our shitty infield defense has cost us
                              Read something a little while ago about how Mets pitchers have a batting average against about 30 points higher than other teams. How much pressure does the awful defense at most positions affect pitchers into trying to K everyone scared to pitch to contact? Which as we know tends to result in worse pitching than sticking to their natural skills.

This is a good article too - http://metsmerizedonline.com/2017/06...ffseason.html/

The Mets athletic training staff is another reason why this team is plagued with injuries. Ray Ramirez, the Mets trainer, has been an employee of the team since 1983 and the head trainer since 2004. It almost seems impossible for a team to have so many injuries happen to them, but the Mets seem to out-do themselves every single season.

In 2009, a season full of potential just like this years came crashing down when Jose Reyes, Carlos Delgado, J.J. Putz, John Maine, and Johan Santana all went down with season ending injuries. When is someone going to be held accountable for the injuries?

During the Mets broadcast last night, Ron Darling expressed his frustration that every Mets fan shares: “Get them in a room with some of the old trainers – people who took care of baseball players and how to keep them healthy and try to tap into their knowledge on how you train baseball players- not weight lifters, not six-pack wearers – Baseball players…. They’re doing a disservice to their million dollar athletes that they’re paying. It’s a joke to watch this happen each and every night.”

Maybe it’s bad luck, but it’s been one injury after another and no changes have been made. Remember when the Washington Nationals had that injury plagued year in 2015 and we went on to win the NL East? Do you know what they did that off-season? They fired their training staff and hired new ones. Key players on the Nationals had missed a total of 3,813 games due to injuries from 2010-2015 which ranked 12th in the Majors during that span. Their new training staff is ranked one of the best with very few injuries to players.

If the Mets want to turn around the foundation that they set for their players, it starts with the training staff. Change has been long overdue. Mets fans are sick and tired of Ray Ramirez walking onto the field every other day because someone new gets hurt. It’s time to make a change and bring people into the organization that can keep players on the field.
                              This HAS to be addressed in the offseason. The definition of insanity is what the Mets keep doing by assuming "Boy, I'm sure all of our injuries won't happen again."
                              "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Working...
                              X