No announcement yet.

2018 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh draft reports cards are wishy washy in any sport...but especially baseball...

You can get an idea of what they'll get -

#6 Kelenic was generally considered a top 10-12 pick - decent
    #48 Richardson was as high as around 60 as low as 160 - a reach
    #83 Cortes was 180-unranked - big reach
    #110 Hill was 80-140 - good value
    #140 Gilliam was 125-200+ - meh big range here due to differing opinions on relievers
    #170 Meyer 170-190 - okay
    #200 Smith - unranked - reach
    #230 Megil - unranked - reach
    #260 de Oca - 140-160 - Potential steal (health concerns)

You look at that and say rounds 2, 3, 5 were probably more about signability than impact talent....which can't be totally ignored, but isn't really a great way to draft. The top pick I think is smart...Hill has a lot of supporters...and deOca *could* end up good. Sounds like a C+ kind of draft to me

Comment

Yeah.. I get that..and would suspect the grade fell there as well..My only thing is..that I also get the game of drafting vs signably as the sytem is what it is..but if you say couple of the early picks were to save $$$ for the above slot guy later...I struggle form the list..to see who those guys(s) would be....lol The majority dont seem that they would demand/be entitled to above slot...guess we shall see.
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

I could also be wrong but I think the pool is only for the top 10 spots.

The question is exactly what you posted, who’s the guy drafted in the later rounds that would warrant the overpay.

Comment

Working...
        X