Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 MLB Prospects 2018- Baseball America

https://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...0WWyxElt8Tq.97

Ommph... Omar got his work cut out for him..

Only ONE Met cracks the list...barely.. 94. Andres Gimenez | SS | Mets

Braves lead pack with 8 ranked in top 100.. Phils=5 Nats and Marlins 2 each.. $kanks=6
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Gimenez is a guy who next year is probably top 50...Rosario 2.0. Kind of surprised he even made the list to start tho - BA tends to lean a lot on tools and is really inconsistent in how they look at low level guys. BP looks at tools a little more towards lower levels....I kind of trust their rankings more when it comes to the guys in Rookie/A ball....

For what it's worth the Mets had 3 on the list last year - Rosario, Smith, and Dunn....2 were promoted so not on the list this year. Dunn was at the end and had a poor year. Year before it was Matz, Smith, and Rosario.Although it feels like forever it was only 2015 when the Mets had like 8 guys on the list - Syndergaard, Matz, Nimmo, Rosario, TdA, Plawecki, Conforto, Herrera....and yeah you can look at that list and see how much any of this matters

MLB releases theirs this weekend. Only guy who's been in the top 10 at the positions for the Mets is Alonso. They tend to focus more on upper level guys and production.

Problem with the Mets is there's talent, but its all in Rookie/A ball. Gimenez, Vientos, Lindsay, Dunn could all find themselves in the top 100 mid-season report if they actually stay healthy/on track. Peterson, Alonso, Sazpucki are the "older" guys who could crack into these mid-season.
    Last edited by MrHat; 01-24-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah.. I get it ..and lets face it..rankings are subjective..but speaks volumes as to state of farm in opinion..the $kanks farm was replenished overnight..and I know they spend in International Scouting etc. but they also made shrewd deals to pawn off vets for propsects..Sandy didnt seemingly do well with that..long way from Wheeler/Thor deals..
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 86mets View Post
        Yeah.. I get it ..and lets face it..rankings are subjective..but speaks volumes as to state of farm in opinion..the $kanks farm was replenished overnight..and I know they spend in International Scouting etc. but they also made shrewd deals to pawn off vets for propsects..Sandy didnt seemingly do well with that..long way from Wheeler/Thor deals..
        Freakin Yankees hit the trade market at just the perfect moment.... they got insane returns for Chapman and Miller which took their system from middle of the pack to a top 5 in baseball.... Sheffield, Frazier, Torres....

The Mets being the Mets get screwed because you know the long term plan was to have traded Harvey or DeGrom or someone by now to re-stock the farm system....they easily could have gotten 2-3 top 100 prospects for the 2015 version of Harvey and we'd all look at the system drastically different...but of course every guy the Mets have get injured and now are untradeable. Even if Harvey had a dominating 1st half as a "rental" now and with the market correction going on, the Mets would get little in return for him. But I firmly believe that was the plan - sign 2 of Snydergaard, DeGrom, Harvey, Matz, Montero, Wheeler, long term....trade the other guys off a year or two before FA and restock to keep the chain moving.... now because of injuries, we're caught in a 2-3 year gap where we're going to be mid-low on the prospect rankings until those A/rookie ball guys start to move up. AAA and AA is baren - we've got like 2 legit prospects there - Flexen and Alonso. Everyone else is below that.

Comment

Totally agree... Harvey was presumed to have netted a haul.. And Wheeler another chip.. Sigh but.. I still feel sandy should have gotten more for Reed as relievers we're the hit commodity... And Bruce is blame wilpons for not kicking in $$
          Last edited by 86mets; 01-25-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Yes on Reed...that one was the killer tho with his results with the Red Sox we got about equal "value"

...not so sure on Bruce....we traded crap for him, Hererra was well removed from being a "top prospect" by the time he was traded. He was a middling part of our middling farm system by the time he was dealt.... when Bruce had "cheap" option year to boot....as a rental player, he was never going to be worth anything. Rewind the clock 3-5 years, someone like Bruce would have netted a haul...not in this market tho. Not that paying some $$ couldn't have gotten a little something more, but it was still going to largely be a C level prospect...maybe just one with a tad more upside or a tad further along.

Comment

Working...
            X