Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Carlos....

ESPN - Phillies' response to Beltran: 'Let's get it on' - MLB

Myers, it turned out, was well aware of Beltran's comments -- possibly because he'd been asked approximately 9,758 questions about them already. And it wasn't even lunch time yet.

"If that's his way of learning from the MVP how to fire up his team, that's fine," Myers quipped, eyes twinkling. "I hope it works for him -- just not against us."
    "Sequels are terrible," Myers deadpanned. "You can't predict it twice. That's why Jimmy went with his sequel, of 100 wins. The plot has changed for us. I guess their favorite movie was us last year, or something. I don't know.

"But if they're trying to shake us up, they're not going to, because we're too strong-minded and strong-willed to do what we want to do."

doesnt myers have a wife to beat or something

Comment

at least Carlos showed some signs of an attitude, instead of being so quiet and not saying anything. Maybe it's a start to a little bit of a swagger from these guys...

Comment

For the most part I don't have a huge problem with a lot of the Phillies guys, I mean Utley, Howard and even Rollins seem like ok guys. However, the same can't be said about Brett Myers. This piece of **** riles me up like no one since the likes of Roger Clemens.
        NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

technically speaking this makes no sense...

"But if they're trying to shake us up, they're not going to, because we're too strong-minded and strong-willed to do what we want to do."

It is like a double positive or something

Comment

Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
            For the most part I don't have a huge problem with a lot of the Phillies guys, I mean Utley, Howard and even Rollins seem like ok guys. However, the same can't be said about Brett Myers. This piece of **** riles me up like no one since the likes of Roger Clemens.
            Utley is a great player, but he is a dirty one as well. I've seen him take too many cheap shots in the field to be considered a "good guy".

Comment

Yeah seriously. Good to see that Myers has no problem not getting shook up by Beltrans words. But when his wife talks trash....

Originally posted by Sports Doctor View Post
              doesnt myers have a wife to beat or something
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
              I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

'Trade' to Japan leaves Kendrick in shock - Sports Rumors - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

He also likes to scare kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Tate View Post
                  Utley is a great player, but he is a dirty one as well. I've seen him take too many cheap shots in the field to be considered a "good guy".
                  Really? Maybe I have missed it. He strikes me as a hard nosed, almost old fashioned type of ball player. I would love to have him on my team. I don't have a huge problem with him either way. Same goes for Howard. Rollins is a bit annoying and if I have to read "when (insert player name here) goes 20-20-20-20 then come and talk to me" one more time I may puke, but he backed up his talk and is a great player. The rest of the team I pretty much hate.
                  NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Really? Maybe I have missed it. He strikes me as a hard nosed, almost old fashioned type of ball player. I would love to have him on my team. I don't have a huge problem with him either way. Same goes for Howard. Rollins is a bit annoying and if I have to read "when (insert player name here) goes 20-20-20-20 then come and talk to me" one more time I may puke, but he backed up his talk and is a great player. The rest of the team I pretty much hate.
                    he has had one great season approaching age 30, he is NOT a great player yet, he is a good player who is likely going to have had his 15 minutes.

Comment

Those Met/Phillie games are going to be must-see TV this year....I hope the results aren't like last year where it felt like every game ended with us Met fans crawled up in the fetal position crying for sweet tasting champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                        he has had one great season approaching age 30, he is NOT a great player yet, he is a good player who is likely going to have had his 15 minutes.
                        I'd take him over Louie the Knees in a NY minute...

Comment

I've seen him on more than one occassion conduct question slides, particularly in a couple of games against the Braves. Don't get me wrong, I'd like him on my team too. I would have liked Barry Bonds in his prime. Does not make them great guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
                            I'd take him over Louie the Knees in a NY minute...
                            I was talking about Rollins, and not whom I would want over who.

Comment

Hey can someone explain to me how "tell Jimmy we're the team to beat" is a prediction?
                              I guess their favorite movie was us last year, or something. I don't know.

Oh you mean like get ignominiously swept in the 1st round?

Also I wonder what Myers' favorite movie is. Probably the first 40 minutes of Sleeping With The Enemy

Comment

Working...
                              X