Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy, Yankee fans are hurt'n over Santana....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
    I don't think that is a Yankee thing, I think that is just a cultural thing, you know, "Snitches get stitches and wind up in ditches" sort of thinking that has become part of the culture.

Say this was Glenndon Rusch ratting out Al Leiter (in a "pupil ratting out on the teacher" vein) there'd probably be just as many, or more, Met fans disgusted at Rusch for ratting out a teammate as they would be for Rusch and Leiter being roid heads (Not accusing, just first two Mets that came to mind with a similar relationship as Pettitte/Clemens).
    But Pettite was testifying under oath. If he were to lie and cover for Clemens, he'd be committing a crime that very well could land him in jail. It's not exactly like Pettite was dying to rat out Clemens; he was forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Denny View Post
      I think Dave is married and even so, doesn't date guys, even if you are the same age.
      that was a bit of a stretch Denny, even for you

Comment

Originally posted by SELL THE TEAM NOW!!!!!!!! View Post
        The Mets surely had roiders. But I believe that considering one of the big sources of the steroid distribution was in our clubhouse (which I would have to believe would have made mets players BIG TARGETS for the Mitchell investigation) and that very few were inplicated is a good sign that the Mets teams were probably significantly cleaner than those Yankee teams. Just my opinion.

Your analysis of the Yankee fans above, by the way, is dead-on. However, isn't it amazing that they are willing to support Clemens while throwing Pettitte under the bus in order to do so? I mean, he is much more of a "true Yankee" than that scumbag, no?
        couple of things...Radomski was not some big trainer in the Mets clubhouse, he was a freaking towel boy in the late 1980's who was given an assistant trainers job in the early 1990s in the minors and as such had some "in" with Mets players and consequently other players beyond the Mets clubhouse.

Second, my analysis of the Yankees fans is exactly why I am saying they would toss Pettite out with the bath water, they don't know from true or false, half of them probably do not even know that Pettite came through the Yankees system, hell I suspect some of them think he came from the Astros.

Comment

They are both toolsheds.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
            couple of things...Radomski was not some big trainer in the Mets clubhouse, he was a freaking towel boy in the late 1980's who was given an assistant trainers job in the early 1990s in the minors and as such had some "in" with Mets players and consequently other players beyond the Mets clubhouse.

Second, my analysis of the Yankees fans is exactly why I am saying they would toss Pettite out with the bath water, they don't know from true or false, half of them probably do not even know that Pettite came through the Yankees system, hell I suspect some of them think he came from the Astros.
            I didn't call him a big source because of his job on the team. I was just stating that he was a big SUPPLIER and referral agent for steroids and was located smack dab in the middle of the Mets clubhouse for a while so I would think investigators would have instinctively assumed many Mets were using and would have focused on them quite a bit. The fact that not many were named, I think, is a good sign. Not definitive by any means, but a good sign.
            The New York Mets…

Where Legends become GARBAGE.

Comment

Originally posted by SELL THE TEAM NOW!!!!!!!! View Post
              I didn't call him a big source because of his job on the team. I was just stating that he was a big SUPPLIER and referral agent for steroids and was located smack dab in the middle of the Mets clubhouse for a while so I would think investigators would have instinctively assumed many Mets were using and would have focused on them quite a bit. The fact that not many were named, I think, is a good sign. Not definitive by any means, but a good sign.
              see that is the perception problem with this, he was not located smack dab in the middle of the Mets clubhouse when he began his "career" as a fitness guru, he used his old in to connect with players such as Todd Hundley etal.

Comment

Working...
              X