Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy, Yankee fans are hurt'n over Santana....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boy, Yankee fans are hurt'n over Santana....

    Their board is a laugh riot, really.
    The Twins WANTED to get rid of Santana because he's done and couldn't beat Cleveland.

    http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...ees&tid=348273

    http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...ees&tid=348272
    The New York Mets…

    Where Legends become GARBAGE.

  • #2
    He losted to a team in his division each and every time he faced them
    Brilliant

    Comment


    • #3
      Chinjiminy. Amylulu. And Daisytell...? F*ck me. Can you imagine those names in here?

      Comment


      • #4
        It's also amazing to see how many of these animals are tripping over each to paint Andy Pettitte as the "bad guy" in this Clemens saga while defending the Rockshit even going as far as to sight that Pettitte lied about HGH use in 2004 which to them means he may have lied about what RockShit actually said to him. Motivation? Who cares, it clears RockShit in their minds.

        Positively irrationale support for the RockShit.
        The New York Mets…

        Where Legends become GARBAGE.

        Comment


        • #5
          For sure, I do not get the Yankee fan love for Clemens, who is as much of a "true Yankee" as Horace Clarke was.

          I don't get it.

          I know quite a few Yankees fans that are elated this is happening to Rajah. The Yankees fans I know really hate Clemens. They feel he stole from the Yankees when he "retired, and then he stole from them again last season ("Tyler Clippard could have given them a handful of wins and a 5 ERA for pennies on the dollar" was what one friend told me a few months ago). They have NEVER seen Clemens as a "Yankee"...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
            For sure, I do not get the Yankee fan love for Clemens, who is as much of a "true Yankee" as Horace Clarke was.

            I don't get it.

            I know quite a few Yankees fans that are elated this is happening to Rajah. The Yankees fans I know really hate Clemens. They feel he stole from the Yankees when he "retired, and then he stole from them again last season ("Tyler Clippard could have given them a handful of wins and a 5 ERA for pennies on the dollar" was what one friend told me a few months ago). They have NEVER seen Clemens as a "Yankee"...
            Which is why I don't consider the Yankees.com, or any of MLB.com's forums a true representation of a fan base. NYYFans.com for example is more anti-Roger than pro-Roger, but the pros may come from being a fan of the player, not him being on the team.

            Don't forget, it was the Mets' MLB.com forum that begot Forum Legend, * avi
            NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
            The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
            Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
            Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

            Comment


            • #7
              You are correct. I've been to the mets.com site and it is pathetic.

              No criticism of the team whatsoever is allowed in the forum.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                Chinjiminy. Amylulu. And Daisytell...? F*ck me. Can you imagine those names in here?
                Yeah I can. They used to be called Baseball Mom, Ms. Met and million other dumbass names.

                You don't have to thank me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
                  For sure, I do not get the Yankee fan love for Clemens, who is as much of a "true Yankee" as Horace Clarke was.

                  I don't get it.

                  I know quite a few Yankees fans that are elated this is happening to Rajah. The Yankees fans I know really hate Clemens. They feel he stole from the Yankees when he "retired, and then he stole from them again last season ("Tyler Clippard could have given them a handful of wins and a 5 ERA for pennies on the dollar" was what one friend told me a few months ago). They have NEVER seen Clemens as a "Yankee"...
                  Not to date you Dave, besides you and I are basically the same age range, but the modern Yankee fan is a spoiled brat that who at age 10 was taken to Yankee stadium in 1996 by their parents who spent nearly a decade watching Donnie No Rings decay with the likes of Roberto Kelly, Ken Phelps, Danny Tartabull and Matt Nokes. Among other assortments.

                  Roger Clemens is as much part of their modern mystique as anyone, especially when they have staged shows of Dramatics unlike we have Eva seen.

                  The modern spoiled Yankee fan embraces all the high profile free agents and mercenaries as badges of honor. Clemens, Giambi, Mussina, Sheffield, Damon, ARod, Matsui, everyone of them come with the "they want to be a Yankee, cause that is all anyone REALLY wants to be tag".

                  I say there is a distinct difference between real Yankee fans, people like my brothers who watched the Yankees better or worse and knew who was on the team in 1989 or 1969 as much as 1999 - and the modern silver spoon Yankee fan who actually believes that **** in the bronx smells better than anywhere else.

                  The new yankee fan needs to believe Roger Clemens, because they spent so much time explaining to everyone how he is a true Yankee.

                  And to that I would say even the old committed fans in the Bronx looked for Sympathy among Met fans I know when Pedro was head hunting in the 2003 playoffs. Laughable with who was on their staff and what he did.

                  The Mets clearly were not devoid of steroid and HGH users, but I think deep down the Yankee fan knows that certainly the back half of their "dynasty" comes a tad tainted.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                    Not to date you Dave, besides you and I are basically the same age range, but the modern Yankee fan is a spoiled brat that who at age 10 was taken to Yankee stadium in 1996 by their parents who spent nearly a decade watching Donnie No Rings decay with the likes of Roberto Kelly, Ken Phelps, Danny Tartabull and Matt Nokes. Among other assortments.

                    Roger Clemens is as much part of their modern mystique as anyone, especially when they have staged shows of Dramatics unlike we have Eva seen.

                    The modern spoiled Yankee fan embraces all the high profile free agents and mercenaries as badges of honor. Clemens, Giambi, Mussina, Sheffield, Damon, ARod, Matsui, everyone of them come with the "they want to be a Yankee, cause that is all anyone REALLY wants to be tag".

                    I say there is a distinct difference between real Yankee fans, people like my brothers who watched the Yankees better or worse and knew who was on the team in 1989 or 1969 as much as 1999 - and the modern silver spoon Yankee fan who actually believes that **** in the bronx smells better than anywhere else.

                    The new yankee fan needs to believe Roger Clemens, because they spent so much time explaining to everyone how he is a true Yankee.

                    And to that I would say even the old committed fans in the Bronx looked for Sympathy among Met fans I know when Pedro was head hunting in the 2003 playoffs. Laughable with who was on their staff and what he did.

                    The Mets clearly were not devoid of steroid and HGH users, but I think deep down the Yankee fan knows that certainly the back half of their "dynasty" comes a tad tainted.

                    The Mets surely had roiders. But I believe that considering one of the big sources of the steroid distribution was in our clubhouse (which I would have to believe would have made mets players BIG TARGETS for the Mitchell investigation) and that very few were inplicated is a good sign that the Mets teams were probably significantly cleaner than those Yankee teams. Just my opinion.

                    Your analysis of the Yankee fans above, by the way, is dead-on. However, isn't it amazing that they are willing to support Clemens while throwing Pettitte under the bus in order to do so? I mean, he is much more of a "true Yankee" than that scumbag, no?
                    Last edited by Bay Ridge Dave; 02-17-2008, 01:27 PM.
                    The New York Mets…

                    Where Legends become GARBAGE.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well thought out 15 Day. Complete agree.

                      BTW, my friends who ARE Yankees fans are indeed those who lived through the 1980s Yankees.

                      Roger Clemens is as much part of their modern mystique as anyone, especially when they have staged shows of Dramatics unlike we have Eva seen.
                      LMFAO. She's unusually quiet...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SELL THE TEAM NOW!!!!!!!! View Post
                        Your analysis of the Yankee fans above, by the way, is dead-on. However, isn't it amazing that they are willing to support Clemens while throwing Pettitte under the bus in order to do so? I mean, he is much more of a "true Yankee" than that scumbag, no?
                        I don't think that is a Yankee thing, I think that is just a cultural thing, you know, "Snitches get stitches and wind up in ditches" sort of thinking that has become part of the culture.

                        Say this was Glenndon Rusch ratting out Al Leiter (in a "pupil ratting out on the teacher" vein) there'd probably be just as many, or more, Met fans disgusted at Rusch for ratting out a teammate as they would be for Rusch and Leiter being roid heads (Not accusing, just first two Mets that came to mind with a similar relationship as Pettitte/Clemens).
                        NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                        The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
                        Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
                        Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In addition, it also goes back further than the street thug rap culture, or the Soprano wannabe culture, look at how Hollywood treated Eli Kazan because he named names to the Federal House Un-American Activities Committee.

                          From Kazan's Wikipedia page:

                          Honorary Award

                          In 1999, Kazan received an honorary Oscar for lifetime achievement. He was accompanied by Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro who warned the audience sotto voce not to misbehave. Robert De Niro himself had appeared in a film about the Hollywood Red Scare. While many in Hollywood who had experienced the Red Scare felt that enough time had passed that it was appropriate to bury the hatchet and recognize Kazan's great artistic accomplishments, others did not. Some Hollywood celebrities expressed outrage, and former blacklisted writer Abraham Polonsky stated that he wished Kazan would be shot onstage.[4] Some footage from the 1999 Oscars suggests that fully three-quarters of those present in the audience gave him a standing ovation, including Lynn Redgrave, Karl Malden, Meryl Streep and the very liberal Warren Beatty (Beatty later said that he was applauding because Kazan had directed him in his first film Splendor in the Grass, but was not endorsing the decision he made). However, the footage also showed actors such as Ed Harris, Nick Nolte, Ian McKellen, Richard Dreyfuss, Amy Madigan, Ed Begley, Jr. and Holly Hunter sitting on their hands or refusing to applaud. Still others, such as Steven Spielberg and Sherry Lansing applauded politely, but did not rise.
                          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                          The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
                          Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
                          Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
                            I don't think that is a Yankee thing, I think that is just a cultural thing, you know, "Snitches get stitches and wind up in ditches" sort of thinking that has become part of the culture.

                            Say this was Glenndon Rusch ratting out Al Leiter (in a "pupil ratting out on the teacher" vein) there'd probably be just as many, or more, Met fans disgusted at Rusch for ratting out a teammate as they would be for Rusch and Leiter being roid heads (Not accusing, just first two Mets that came to mind with a similar relationship as Pettitte/Clemens).
                            I understand. But Clemens is such an obvious POS, I can't even relate to defending a guy like that while throwing a guy that seems so much more decent under the bus.
                            The New York Mets…

                            Where Legends become GARBAGE.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                              Not to date you Dave, besides you and I are basically the same age range,
                              I think Dave is married and even so, doesn't date guys, even if you are the same age.


                              "Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X