No announcement yet.

Hey Jimmy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delgado and Senor Alou are scheduled to take their physicals manana.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
      I won't go into Delgado, because he should speak frankly. But Beltran is not a sound byte he never has been and never will, the press seeks out the big mouths, and Beltran is a mouse, even if he holds court he is not going to say anything interesting.

Wagner talks from both sides of his mouth and he should have a public relations shadow on him 24/7
      He already has that retard Horowitz shadowing him. I will give Wagner credit for being the only one admitting that it wasn't just two week of suckitude it was most of the season. I am sure David Howard must have been throwing things around when he heard Wagner tell the truth.
      For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
      .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
      .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Originally posted by uphill struggle View Post
        billy wagner talks all the time! he's the one who was bitching about "roles" in the bullpen, why couldnt he just go out and get it done then?

who the **** says **** like this?

“Honestly, we were never really that good, we were lucky, we had a good team, but we never really had that killer instinct. You can’t turn it […]

“I think the Phillies are probably the top team, I think the Braves are second and I think we’re probably somewhere like third. We have to play the season. But, that’s just basing it off how we played last year. But, this should be a motivating year. We really have to step up and quit talking about doing some things and just do it.”

then yesterday he says, "If he believes that, then good; there's no use showing up if we don't believe that we are that type of team." it doesnt even seem like bily believes the mets are that type of team.

just seems that with all the carlos has to step up **** he's setting it up to throw someone else under the bus
        Dude, I know Billy talks all the time. My point, was that the guy talks all the time and Carlos better be ready to do the same after putting his balls up on a platter.
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
        I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
          Co-workers. Medford. Old men and telephones. Barcaloungers. Perspective. Baseball Only. This all too much for me to take. I am a horrible fan. I got a migraine now.
          You should take a day off now.. then ask for a trade later

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
            Dude, I know Billy talks all the time. My point, was that the guy talks all the time and Carlos better be ready to do the same after putting his balls up on a platter.
            Bingo. I don't have a problem with being confident but I think Carlos opens himself up a lot with this comment and I am not sure he is the type of player that will respond to the pressure this comment will put on him. On top of which, as Wagner said, if he is going to talk smack like this he better be out in front talking to the media win or lose.
            NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
              Bingo. I don't have a problem with being confident but I think Carlos opens himself up a lot with this comment and I am not sure he is the type of player that will respond to the pressure this comment will put on him. On top of which, as Wagner said, if he is going to talk smack like this he better be out in front talking to the media win or lose.
              it would be great but when was the last time billy was accountable for **** he talked.

Comment

Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
                Bingo. I don't have a problem with being confident but I think Carlos opens himself up a lot with this comment and I am not sure he is the type of player that will respond to the pressure this comment will put on him.
                Not to give him too much credit, but I think he knows there is pressure on him and the team from the home fans already. He may be moley, but he's no dummy. If anything, this alters the pressure slightly from the home fans, which is where he has his problem.

New York adores their own when they talk and back it up, and doesn't really have a problem with them when they talk and don't. At least they're showing they care. Most of all, New York hates a bunch of lax, uncaring losers like the 2007 Mets, and he's been here long enough to know that.
                Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio
                On top of which, as Wagner said, if he is going to talk smack like this he better be out in front talking to the media win or lose.
                My recollection is that Beltran faced the media win or lose. It's his buddy Jihad Jerry that has a problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                  Not to give him too much credit, but I think he knows there is pressure on him and the team from the home fans already. He may be moley, but he's no dummy. If anything, this alters the pressure slightly from the home fans, which is where he has his problem.

New York adores their own when they talk and back it up, and doesn't really have a problem with them when they talk and don't. At least they're showing they care. Most of all, New York hates a bunch of lax, uncaring losers like the 2007 Mets, and he's been here long enough to know that.
                  My recollection is that Beltran faced the media win or lose. It's his buddy Jihad Jerry that has a problem with that.
                  it also says to me that the mets may have embraced the idea of being in a race with the phillies, which is important. part of the reason they got their asses handed to them last year was because they acted like the phillies didn't deserve to step on the same field as them, and/or that they were above being in a pennant race with them.
                  I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                  http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Reyes in camp. DW in camp. BELTRAN, of all people, early. Castillo in camp.

Pitchers and catchers in camp. NRIs/bench guys in camp (Valentin, et al except for Armas Jr.)

Nuff said.
                    Just pointing out that an early arrival was pretty useless for everyone but E-5

On the Mets beat
                    Position players have begun to drop by, but only David Wright has been a regular, and yesterday he worked on his defense with infield coach Sandy Alomar. Coming off his Gold Glove season, which some found questionable, Wright said the microscope will be on him more than ever after winning the award. Truthfully, it would be difficult for Wright to actually work harder. He puts in as many hours as anyone.

Mets Blog
                    Carlos DelgadoCarlos Delgado is expected to report Monday morning, two days before the start of full-squad workouts. Delgado obviously will have to answer for his struggles at the plate last season, which Randolph addressed today by saying his veteran first baseman will get more days off this year. Randolph said Marlon AndersonMarlon Anderson or Damion Easley would be Delgado’s fill-in when the manager feels like giving him a breather.
                    Last edited by Hojo of 1991; 02-18-2008, 01:21 AM.

Comment

At least someone is working on correcting flaws in his game..

Comment

At least someone is working on correcting flaws in his game..
                        I liked that Reyes had been doing endurance running in the offseason after realising how much he faltered in the stretch run. It may make no big difference but at least he's aware of his when he went wrong. Burgeoning maturity perhaps?
                        "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Reyes is also doing endurance dances.

Comment

Originally posted by Hojo of 1991 View Post
                            Just pointing out that an early arrival was pretty useless for everyone but E-5

On the Mets beat

Mets Blog
                            Shhh. Don't you know that Delgado wasn't going to show until the day before the season started with a bomb strapped to himself demanding to start.
                            NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Originally posted by graves9 View Post
                              He already has that retard Horowitz shadowing him. I will give Wagner credit for being the only one admitting that it wasn't just two week of suckitude it was most of the season. I am sure David Howard must have been throwing things around when he heard Wagner tell the truth.
                              oh PLAYERS admitted that, it has just been deemed in appropriate who and how they admitted it.

Comment

Working...
                              X