Hey Jimmy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jimmy....

According to SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt, when asked about the division, Beltran gave a bland response. However, before walking away from reporters, he smiled, laughed and said:

“Tell Jimmy Rollins we are the team to beat"
    per metsblog
    I pushed the button and elected elected him to office and a He pushed the button and he dropped the bomb. You pushed the button and could watch it on the television Those mother****ers didn't last too long

Well I used to stand for something, Now I'm on my hands and knees, Trading in my god for this one And he signs his name with a capital G

The mole is angered, it wants revenge.

Comment

Was Beltran 100% sure or just 90%?
      Obama in 2008 "We won you lost...get over it":.

Comment

I know the right thing to say is "don't talk til you prove it" or some such thing, but it's nice to see a pulse from the mole. He gave his all defensively down the stretch, but otherwise he's kinda moribund.

Maybe a rivalry will actually give these guys some life in '08.
        "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Seems like all the regulars have show up early except well you know who.
          For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
          .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
          .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Yeah B-tran thats what I like to see

Comment

Originally posted by graves9 View Post
              You don't get extra points for being early.

Don't train. Just lay in.
              "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
                You don't get extra points for being early.

Don't train. Just lay in.
                LOL

Comment

Originally posted by graves9 View Post
                  He, of all the Mets, has the most to prove, IMO.

That said, I am NOT shocked he chose not to get an early start.

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
                    I know the right thing to say is "don't talk til you prove it" or some such thing, but it's nice to see a pulse from the mole. He gave his all defensively down the stretch, but otherwise he's kinda moribund.

Maybe a rivalry will actually give these guys some life in '08.
                    exactly how I feel.

I know talk is cheap, but seriously, after last year, what do they have to lose by saying stuff like this? they need an edge, and I don't think they can count on the 08 phillies getting bored like the mets did last year.
                    I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                    http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post

wait or we talking reyes or delgado? i'm much more interested in reyes and IMO he has more to prove...

as reyes goes so goes the team, if delgado sucks he can be put back to 6th or even 7th if he's that terrible

Comment

Originally posted by uphill struggle View Post
                        wait or we talking reyes or delgado? i'm much more interested in reyes and IMO he has more to prove...

as reyes goes so goes the team, if delgado sucks he can be put back to 6th or even 7th if he's that terrible
                        reyes is in camp, so I think it's delgado...
                        I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                        http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post

I'm sure as soon as Ramadan is over he'll be there with bells on.

Comment

There's been a bunch of articles about Reyes, hows he's been in camp putting in the work for a few days, all of his endurance training in the offseason and the amount of blame he's put on himself for September. How well it translates into the season we'll see, but thus far he's been doing the right things.

Comment

Reyes just needs an attitude adjustment. And what Led posted (saw similar articles), he seems to be bent on correcting all on his own. He will be fine, IMO.

Delgado? Well, he needs to wake up first. IMO, he should be dropped down the lineup NOW. Not wait til he sucks ass, gets bored.. whichever comes first.

Indeed Reyes is VERY important, but Delgado also holds a huge key in the lineup.
                              Last edited by Bay Ridge Dave; 02-16-2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X