Is Piazza Still Alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Piazza Still Alive?

Is Mike Piazza still a free agent? I know he hasn't announced his retirement yet but I find it hard to believe that nobody has given him an invitation to camp this late in the offseason. Sad to see somebody who was once so great struggling to hang on late in his career.

I heard that he may be taking a deal with a Japanese team...

Comment

Originally posted by Franco45 View Post
      Is Mike Piazza still a free agent? I know he hasn't announced his retirement yet but I find it hard to believe that nobody has given him an invitation to camp this late in the offseason. Sad to see somebody who was once so great struggling to hang on late in his career.
      see also: Gary Carter
      The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
        I heard that he may be taking a deal with a Japanese team...
        Reunited with Benny & Bobby? Interesting.... but only if it's with the Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
          see also: Gary Carter
          Carter was twice as washed up as Piazza and he was still getting jobs as a backup.
          For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
          .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
          .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

He could be a nice power RH pinch hitter for us, give him one last shot at a ring.
            2015 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
            2016 NATIONAL LEAGUE WILD CARD WINNER

Comment

Originally posted by graves9 View Post
              Carter was twice as washed up as Piazza and he was still getting jobs as a backup.
              Carter could catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Cee View Post
                Carter could catch.
                and throw guys out on occassion

and play first base
                The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
                  and throw guys out on occassion

and play first base
                  He didn't embarass himself in LF either.

Didn't he play a little bit of 3B?

I remember being at a DH in 85 or 86 when he caught game 1 and played 1B in game 2. How many players even PLAY both sides anymore?
                  Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
                  http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankStylV7 View Post
                    . How many players even PLAY both sides anymore?
                    Some have said Piazza would.

Comment

I wonder if the Mets would consider offering Piazza a courtesy invite where the intent is just that Piazza auditions for other teams and gets released at the end of spring training so he can sign where he chooses.
                      Originally posted by Busyman, September 28, 2008
                      1. Fire Omar
                      2. Re-hire Omar so you can fire him again
                      3. Literally set Omar on fire.

Comment

If Piazza is going to retire the Mets should offer him a one day contract, 'ala Emmit Smith, and let him retire as a Met. He's the Mets Patrick Ewing.

How cool would it be to bring him back as a Rusty Staub type guy? That will never happen since he'd be a defensive liability, but one can wish.
                        "But why is the rum gone???"

Comment

If Piazza was allowed to work on 1st base all year long, rather than being thrust into the postion like he was for the Mets, maybe the result would be different. In essence, the mets could do alot better with Piazza as a back up 1B, 3rd String C, and right hand hitting PH then anything else.
                          I think, however, the best advantage would be that signing him would allow Ramon Castro to pinch hit or Piazza to pinch hit during the same game.
                          "Goaltender is a normal job. Sure. How would you like it if at your job, every time you made the slightest mistake a little red light went on over your head and 18,000 people stood up and screamed at you?" - Jaques Plante, goalie

Comment

It would be beautiful if Piazza retires now. Why? Imagine Clemens and Piazza bost becoming eligible for the HOF in 5 years and Piazza Standing at Cooperstown while that POS Clemens cries in his Roids.

Besides a line drive to Clemens head off the bat of Piazza, I can't think of better revenge.
                            The New York Mets…

Where Legends become GARBAGE.

Comment

Piazza was probably on roids just like everyone else

Comment

Working...
                              X