X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Clark: NRI

Not bad...

MetsBlog.com

the buzz from Port St. Lucie is that, in addition to signing OF Ben Johnson yesterday, the Mets also signed free-agent OF Brady Clark to a minor-league contract and invited him to spring training…

…the team is expected to make an announcement in the next day or so…

Clark, 34, is a right-handed hitter who has played all three outfield positions during his seven-year career.

In 47 games with the Dodgers last season, he hit .224, but hit .306 in 21 games for the Padres.

He hit .308 against left-handed pitchers last season.

From 2003 to 2006, Clark played in roughly 140 games per season for the Brewers, during which he hit .283.

Clark played 10 games for the Mets in 2002.
    Originally posted by Busyman, September 28, 2008
    1. Fire Omar
    2. Re-hire Omar so you can fire him again
    3. Literally set Omar on fire.

guy sucks

Comment

Scrappy hitter...doesn't K...can play both OF spots and is RH..and a decent career PH...he might fll the need..no harm in giving him a shot at what amounts to the FINAL SPOT on bench...

Lets face it...all the guys STILL looking for jobs are available for a reason..they all have seen better days..
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

He started in RF on September 28th, 2002.

Glavine beat Leiter, and the team looked terrible.

What a birthday that was.

Comment

not a bad guy to have at AAA. I *still* think it was a mistake not bringing Michael Tucker back after '06, so insurance policies like this are always good.
          I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
          http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Originally posted by mets84 View Post
            not a bad guy to have at AAA. I *still* think it was a mistake not bringing Michael Tucker back after '06, so insurance policies like this are always good.
            One thing is for sure, he is much better than David Newhan.
            Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
            I'll save you the effort since I know where you're going with this, but I'll make a few observations on your comment that was not thought out too well. (1) It's rather difficult to call the phony king of England the government. (2) I would think someone like you would have no objection to someone trying to undo the over-taxation of the people. (3) In this case, no, I have no problem with them taking from the government since they were not ruling for the people.

Comment

Mets needed someone like Payton..speed/good D rh..

Someone they perhaps should have jumped on was Taguchi who STL. dropped..we all saw what he could do defensivley..and power wise off the bench..and good speed..he would have been a perfect compliment to Church..

Imagine Chavez LF/Beltran CF/Taguchi RF as late inning defense...GL finding a gap or hitting it over their heads late in a game..
              ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Originally posted by Fonzy13 View Post
                One thing is for sure, he is much better than David Newhan.
                Oh God, I haven't thought about that guy in months. Had you not mentioned him, I might have happily continued to not think about him. Every time he was involved in anything, it was as if the clock had been turned back to 2003.
                I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Texas snagged him, but I was hoping the Mets would have taken a flier on Mench, or maybe even Reggie Sanders.... guys who have had at least some success at this level.

Brady Clark? Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by 86mets View Post

Someone they perhaps should have jumped on was Taguchi who STL. dropped..we all saw what he could do defensivley..and power wise off the bench..and good speed..he would have been a perfect compliment to Church..

Imagine Chavez LF/Beltran CF/Taguchi RF as late inning defense...GL finding a gap or hitting it over their heads late in a game..
                    I agree. Guys like Brady Clark are 0-1 dimensional types. The above mentioned, along with my suggestions, at least offer more than one something (speed, power, etc..)..

Comment

Originally posted by 86mets View Post

Taguchi has pop? He averages what one homer a year? Yes he's Babe Ruth against Wagner but otherwise he stinks. Payton is dreck. I saw enough of him his first time around here. Clark is nice injury insurance.
                      For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
                      .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
                      .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Originally posted by graves9 View Post
                        Taguchi has pop? He averages what one homer a year? Yes he's Babe Ruth against Wagner but otherwise he stinks. Payton is dreck. I saw enough of him his first time around here. Clark is nice injury insurance.
                        JP > Clark

Not advocating wanting JP here... I just think there are guys out there better than Clark.

Taguchi gives you speed and defense, not much with the stick
                        Mench (no longer available) can play 1B and corner OF, plus has good pop
                        JP - speed, some pop, good d, but crappy attitude, and been there done that
                        Sanders - defense, good pop, experience, played on winning teams before
                        Clark- ????

It could just be that Omar has been told no more guaranteed deals (although Mench signed with Texas as NRI too).

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
                          JP > Clark

Not advocating wanting JP here... I just think there are guys out there better than Clark.

Taguchi gives you speed and defense, not much with the stick
                          Mench (no longer available) can play 1B and corner OF, plus has good pop
                          JP - speed, some pop, good d, but crappy attitude, and been there done that
                          Sanders - defense, good pop, experience
                          Clark- ????
                          They already have Chavez to give you good defense and speed. Bringing in Taguchi would make zeo sense. Clark at least hits lefties well. Payton hit what 6 homeruns in that bandbox last year? He doesn't have much if any pop at all. Payton has become a pretty medicore defensive player. Mench would have been my #1 choice without a doubt(not that he isn't severely flawed ballplayer)
                          For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
                          .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
                          .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Good invite.

Not sure where all this 1 dimensional talk comes from. He's by no means a star but the guy did have a very good year not long ago in 2005.

13 HR's, 53 RBI, 94 runs, 10 SB while hitting .306 with a .372 OB% - 599 Ab's

Prior to that he was a pretty good part-time guy for the Brewers.

IMO, you could do a lot worse then Clark for the bench or in a platoon role with Church.

Comment

Payton screams steroid use.
                              Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce
                              All I know is we got some butter and salt for that popcorn

Comment

Working...
                              X