Early predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
    I was agreeing with you, and bringing up an argument myself and Jersey had early '06 when he insisted the Braves would conquer the division after the Mets failed to sweep a series and that it was all down to karma. It was one of the most absurd arguments I've ever had here.

However, it is easy to argue that the Mets will fail to vault the Phils back into first, but as you say for the Braves to climb over BOTH having themselves only weakened over the offseason (adding Glavine does NOT counter the losses oddly enough) is a weak argument at best.
    I am retarded and my coffee has not set in. I actually remember that. I remember something from nearly two seasons ago! That and something about a cat and a dinosaur.

Comment

I was agreeing with you, and bringing up an argument myself and Jersey had early '06 when he insisted the Braves would conquer the division after the Mets failed to sweep a series and that it was all down to karma. It was one of the most absurd arguments I've ever had here.
      However, it is easy to argue that the Mets will fail to vault the Phils back into first, but as you say for the Braves to climb over BOTH having themselves only weakened over the offseason (adding Glavine does NOT counter the losses oddly enough) is a weak argument at best.
      don't be so hard on yourself, you held your own for a while
      COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
      "it also does not exonerate him"
      ​​​
      Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
        yes, it only took 20 months and the wrong team to prove your point

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
          Yeah, the killing blow for me was the lecture on how the metaphysical ramifications of not sweeping a team had actual consequences in a game. Man, you sure showed me. Especially with the Braves not coming close to the divisional title since. Zowee!
          "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Yeah, the killing blow for me was the lecture on how the metaphysical ramifications of not sweeping a team had actual consequences in a game. Man, you sure showed me. Especially with the Braves not coming close to the divisional title since. Zowee!
            If you chose to believe that there are no "metaphysical ramifications" in professional sports, then that's fine......but I think you're wrong. BTW, the argument was more on the Mets than the Braves.
            COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
            "it also does not exonerate him"
            ​​​
            Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

speaking of the braves, if you've accidentally swallowed some poison this morning, jayson stark provides the ipecac:

ESPN - Glavine back where it all started for him - MLB
              I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
              http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Quote: Beltran’s Mets are Team to Beat | MetsBlog.com

Haha

Comment

NL EAST: Mets
                  Central: Brewers
                  West: D-backs
                  WC: Phillies
                  AL EAST: Red Sox
                  Central: detroit
                  West: Angels