Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

    delawareonline ¦ The News Journal ¦ Phillies/baseball
    Originally posted by lgm6986
    Only this team can legitimately summon misery and regret amidst euphoria.

  • #2
    I'm not laughing..this just means that Phils will not likely ink "Louse"...hopefully Omar stays aways as well..
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

    Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

    Comment


    • #3
      I personally would love to see Benson get his ears knocked off by the Mets 5 or 6 times next year.

      Besides which, this would mean that Anna's back in the division...or is that the other way around?
      Originally posted by lgm6986
      Only this team can legitimately summon misery and regret amidst euphoria.

      Comment


      • #4
        eh... if their mission is to replace a terrible pitcher in adam eaton with somebody likely to be a really bad one in benson, then I guess it's accomplished.

        I always thought resigning lohse actually makes some sense for them - he's not great, but he's better than benson.
        I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
        http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mets84 View Post
          eh... if their mission is to replace a terrible pitcher in adam eaton with somebody likely to be a really bad one in benson, then I guess it's accomplished.

          I always thought resigning lohse actually makes some sense for them - he's not great, but he's better than benson.
          Man. Just looking back, its hard to believe people were actually clamoring for him in 2004.
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

          I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
          I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

          Comment


          • #6
            Sorry, but Benson is a huge upgrade over Lohse as long as he stays healthy. The guy has always pitched well in division, and showed he had good stuff during his time here.

            Comment


            • #7
              The season needs to hurry up and start.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hojo of 1991 View Post
                Sorry, but Benson is a huge upgrade over Lohse as long as he stays healthy. The guy has always pitched well in division, and showed he had good stuff during his time here.
                benson's ERA in '06 was 4.8ish, which is about what lohse's career ERA is. he's 33, he's coming off shoulder surgery and he's moving into another hitter's park.

                I don't think it's unreasonable to say that lohse would likely be the better pitcher given the same circumstances that will surround benson. I wouldn't be surprised if benson's ERA this year ended up 5+.
                I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, but how many of you were ready to apply for jobs as Shea ushers when Anna found out that Krissy cheated on her and filed for divorce???

                  ("I'll **** the whole organization down to the janitors if Kris ever cheats on me.")
                  Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
                  http://www.leasticoulddo.com/




                  Mitt Romney SUCKS.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Benson's going to give up a lot of bombs at Citizens Bank Band-box (he gave up 33 in 2006). At least they didn't trade their best prospects for him like they did for Freddy Garcia though...
                    "Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MetfanBren View Post
                      Benson's going to give up a lot of bombs at Citizens Bank Band-box (he gave up 33 in 2006). At least they didn't trade their best prospects for him like they did for Freddy Garcia though...
                      The best part of the dismissal of Santana is that he only pitches every five days, but when they got Garcia various people (not just Philly fans) thought THAT made them a great team for '07. Now, I still believe they are the "team to beat", and are a good team irrespective of the Santana signing, but idiocy is still to be mocked, especially hypocritical idiocy.
                      "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They signed him to a minor league deal, so as much as I think he will suck it isn't that bad of a deal for them.
                        NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
                          They signed him to a minor league deal, so as much as I think he will suck it isn't that bad of a deal for them.


                          In other words...BENSON TIME!
                          Originally posted by lgm6986
                          Only this team can legitimately summon misery and regret amidst euphoria.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Anna's going to love Philadelphia. From New York to Baltimore to Philadelphia. I wonder how that modelling career of hers is going...

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X