Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philthy fans think Rollins is better than Wright..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fonzy13 View Post
    It really isn't an argument. Shortstop is much tougher.
    Exactly. I don't know how ANYONE thinks that 3B is the tougher position.
    "Managing is getting paid for home runs someone else hits." - New York Mets Manager (1962-1965) Casey Stengel

Comment

Originally posted by joshuahist View Post
      Exactly. I don't know how ANYONE thinks that 3B is the tougher position.
      Well, you know one.

Greg, but other than that, I really can't think of one baseball fan that would make that argument.
      Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
      I'll save you the effort since I know where you're going with this, but I'll make a few observations on your comment that was not thought out too well. (1) It's rather difficult to call the phony king of England the government. (2) I would think someone like you would have no objection to someone trying to undo the over-taxation of the people. (3) In this case, no, I have no problem with them taking from the government since they were not ruling for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Fonzy13 View Post
        Well, you know one.

Greg, but other than that, I really can't think of one baseball fan that would make that argument.
        Not only that, but Greg feels that if any liner that gets past the 3B is a TRIPLE. I guess the last time he played 3B was on fields with no fences.

Comment

I played 2B, 3B, SS in high school.

SS was always the toughest. 2B being the easiest (you can get by with decent range and an ok arm).

Comment

Back to the subject - is it really any surprise that those idiots think Rollins is better than Wright? One of the guys I work with actually thinks Hamels is better than Santana (not WILL be better than him, IS better than him NOW)...
            Outfield

Comment

A majority of them think Hamels is equal to Santana already. Their penciling him in for 22 wins this year and the cy young. I don't think he'll make 22 starts.
              The original Creepy Ass Cracka

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Back to the subject - is it really any surprise that those idiots think Rollins is better than Wright? One of the guys I work with actually thinks Hamels is better than Santana (not WILL be better than him, IS better than him NOW)...
                That's typical Philadelphia Mentality. "Our player is awesome, your guy sucks!" They when same said player leaves Philadelphia, "That guy sucks, I hated him the entire time he was here..."

Look at when David Bell signed. Half the town acted like they signed Brooks Robinson or something. Well a year later it was "What a scrub" This is the town that thought Adam Eaton was going to be good, and Freddy Garcia was an "ACE" I seriously remember the local news saying that the phillies traded for an "Ace in the hole". I died a little that day...
                "Managing is getting paid for home runs someone else hits." - New York Mets Manager (1962-1965) Casey Stengel

Comment

Who gives a **** what they think?
                  I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                  http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Maybe I see it differently because SS was always extremely easy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuahist View Post
                      That's typical Philadelphia Mentality. "Our player is awesome, your guy sucks!" They when same said player leaves Philadelphia, "That guy sucks, I hated him the entire time he was here..."

Look at when David Bell signed. Half the town acted like they signed Brooks Robinson or something. Well a year later it was "What a scrub" This is the town that thought Adam Eaton was going to be good, and Freddy Garcia was an "ACE" I seriously remember the local news saying that the phillies traded for an "Ace in the hole". I died a little that day...
                      See also: Terrell Owens, Curt Schilling, Randall Cunningham, Allan Iverson, Eric Lindros, etc. Philadelphia sports fans makes me sick to my stomach.
                      The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Working...
                      X