Tales from St. Lucie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from St. Lucie...

My favorite part of Spring Training is always the random tidbits the beat writers pick up.

Day One in Port St. Lucie - Bats - Baseball - New York Times Blog

I wandered over to the major-league side this afternoon, just for a second, and performed my annual rite of spring: scoping out which players have been given their own spaces in the private parking lot. The obvious ones - David Wright, Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Delgado, Billy Wagner - have them, of course, and Aaron Heilman received one this year too. So did Scott Schoeneweis and Perez. It goes without saying that Santana has one, but the teamís other important acquisitions, Ryan Church and Brian Schneider, do not ó at least not yet.

Heilman has arrived! I doubt the parking spot will keep Heilman happy for long though. I am not shocked that an ownership group that is headed toward eternal damnation won't give Church a parking spot.
    For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
    .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
    .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Heilman has his own parking spot. The Justice for Heilman Foundation calls today's news - a victory!

Comment

Originally posted by No.1 View Post
        Heilman has his own parking spot. The Justice for Heilman Foundation calls today's news - a victory!
        I wonder if it had a giant woman outline in thick white lines, or a giant
        "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
          I wonder if it had a giant woman outline in thick white lines, or a giant
          You know it's a giant

Comment

Heilman has a parking spot, but my sources say it isn't a shaded spot, so his car is going to be hot every afternoon. Screwed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Busyman View Post
              Heilman has a parking spot, but my sources say it isn't a shaded spot, so his car is going to be hot every afternoon. Screwed again!
              It's a conspiracy!

Comment

I'm glad the Mets are finally recognizing Title IX this year.
                Baaaaaaaaa

King Sheep

2013 record in games attended: 8-7
                2014 record in games attended: 3-3
                2015 record in games attended: 11-3 Regular Season 4-3 Postseason
                2016 record in games attended: 4-6
                Next Games: Sunday July 10 vs Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Busyman View Post
                  They missed a chance to have birds cover his car in poop however.
                  "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

No parking spot for Maine? I guess Omar feels the need to disrespect one non athlete a year.
                    For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
                    .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
                    .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

HOJO.. check your PM...
                      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

March 19th I'll be there to see the Mets battle the Indians.

"Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

i dont understand. why can't they have 40 spots, for the 40 man roster? Is it that hard to just tear up some grass and lay down some tar?
                          The players that don't have a spot, do they park in the fan lot? is it that far a walk to the stadium? What's the big f'n deal already, i dont get the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildboys View Post
                            i dont understand. why can't they have 40 spots, for the 40 man roster? Is it that hard to just tear up some grass and lay down some tar?
                            The players that don't have a spot, do they park in the fan lot? is it that far a walk to the stadium? What's the big f'n deal already, i dont get the whole thing.
                            Concur Wldboys, and how about doing a "mike check" before the first press conference of the year? The Mets can afford to throw down 150 million but cant afford an "AV Geek"? The damn thing was off for the first ten minutes.

Comment

Working...
                            X