No announcement yet.

Wally chimes in on Santana...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only a matter of time before some idiots like Wally say that Santana should have gone to the Yankees, where he would have been only the fourth highest paid player in 2008...
    "Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him."

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
      To be honest... of course I wouldn't. This is a player the Mets HAD to have.
      You might tend to find that getting ticked off at the money players make at the same time you're getting ticked off if the team doesn't give it to them is kind of at cross purposes.

Comment

What had happened to Lisa Olsen?
        Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Woods View Post
          You might tend to find that getting ticked off at the money players make at the same time you're getting ticked off if the team doesn't give it to them is kind of at cross purposes.
          He said they are not worth their money. Theres nothing wrong with that statement. Its the truth. Unfortunately, if you want to see your team with some bonafide talent, owners are going to have to pay for it, trickling down to the customers who want a seat at the game.
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
          I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

If the Mets don't win the WS in 08, Wally will tear the team to shreds because of all the money they spent. Oh wait......he does that now.
            The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

"But just how much production from Santana will be enough to quell the monster that always lurks beneath the surface in our ballparks and arenas?
              There’s an unmistakable mean-spiritedness to today’s fans, especially regarding high-priced talent that fails to deliver as advertised. As the salary goes up, patience goes down.
              "

Anyone who doesn't think that Wally is balls-on accurate with that passage hasn't been paying attention.
              Anyone who doesn't think that Wally is balls-on hypocritical with that passage hasn't been paying attention. He is the freaking king ring leader of the tear em down and crucify them then tar feather and burn em at the stake movement in the New York press.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                He said they are not worth their money. Theres nothing wrong with that statement. Its the truth.
                Something (or someone) is worth what people are willing to pay for it, meaning that these players are by definition worth what they're getting - especially in situations where you know if you won't pay a particular figure that there's a line of others ready to jump in.

There's your truth right there.

Unfortunately, if you want to see your team with some bonafide talent, owners are going to have to pay for it
                Because .... {drum roll} ... that's what the market has determined as their worth!!

Comment

Something (or someone) is worth what people are willing to pay for it, meaning that these players are by definition worth what they're getting - especially in situations where you know if you won't pay a particular figure that there's a line of others ready to jump in.

There's your truth right there.

Because .... {drum roll} ... that's what the market has determined as their worth!!
                  Pure economics.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                    Originally posted by Piney Woods
                    "But just how much production from Santana will be enough to quell the monster that always lurks beneath the surface in our ballparks and arenas?
                    There’s an unmistakable mean-spiritedness to today’s fans, especially regarding high-priced talent that fails to deliver as advertised. As the salary goes up, patience goes down."

Anyone who doesn't think that Wally is balls-on accurate with that passage hasn't been paying attention.
                    Anyone who doesn't think that Wally is balls-on hypocritical with that passage hasn't been paying attention. He is the freaking king ring leader of the tear em down and crucify them then tar feather and burn em at the stake movement in the New York press.
                    This passage is why I still hold a special place in my heart for you, Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                      This passage is why I still hold a special place in my heart for you, Floyd.
                      Near Valentine' Day too, I am touched.

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post
                        Pure economics.

Get what you can when you can has always been a personal motto.

There aren't too many companies that will pay you top dollar once your skills erode.

Loyalty is overrated.
                        Last edited by FrankStylV7; 02-05-2008, 12:57 PM.
                        Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
                        http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by metman View Post
                          What had happened to Lisa Olsen?
                          Same thing that happened to Mark Kreigel and Ian O'connor. She didn't bow down to the sawed off little prick Lupica.
                          For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
                          .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
                          .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

If Fred doesn't pay Santana, where do you think he goes? In today's market buying a ballplayer is equivilent to buying a side of beef, market-value!!

That said, if Santana doesn't win 20 games Wally will be the first in line to cut him down and say what a pathetic season he had.

For those who wanted a link:

For Santana, big bucks mean big pressure -- Newsday.com
                            "Fear is just another word for ignorance”

Comment

Working...
                            X